Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really like Karlach.

worst companion in the game easily, and that's saying a fair bit

She's the only one that seems - fun.

FUCK YES! LET'S KILL SOME DEMONS WHOOP WHOOP! is exactly the type of character you want in your party, not like bitchboi "hero of the Sword Coast" Wyll that gets stomped by goblins, or emotional vampire Astaroth or whatever.

Gargaune

Arcane
It's supposed to look like this

baldurs-gate-3-controller-settings.jpg
Nice... Oh yeah, baby, look at that scroll bar... Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that on my end.

Sorry to suggest stupid shit, but are you sure your display is set to the right ratio ingame? I also have my scrollbar on the left hand side of the screen. Which itself is... well if there was a perverted game, it's that.
Oh, the aspect ratio's set correctly... It's not IMPLEMENTED correctly! That was it, it's missing the left hand objects, the scroll bar and the little button below it.

Amazing. Six fucking years, four hundred devs, and they couldn't get the UI to scale properly. The whole industry's getting lazy from indies to CDPR, you get 16:9 UIs with black framing, but Larian couldn't even manage that. No wonder they didn't fix the toilet chain, click listeners must terrify them.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Wow ok, you can't sneak into goblin ruins (not camp, the other place) past the 2 guards even if you use blind, fog or minor illusion as soon as you get past the door the dialogue starts. :argh:
Edit: works better with summon familiar cat with meow ability.
Ok it works nevermind I'm retarded. Sneaking by them simply is enough. Casting spells however makes things complicated. Ok whatever the fuck.

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
I am the only one that really appreciates the exclusively brit voice-acting? That was great in Elden Ring as well(japs got it).

Always felt weird having the 'kwanzan voices in most fantasy medieval games. HEYYA, IT IS ME IMOEN!

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Could someone advise me how to disable followers' voice overs? I mean only the followers' i.e. sliding the Voice volume down under Audio isn't what I am looking for. It would seem the relevant files are packed into something. I don't know where yet.
It would seem this here is helpful if anyone else is looking for it. I believe the voice files are in the game's directory under /Data/Localization/Voice.pak
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2381865525

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, the aspect ratio's set correctly... It's not IMPLEMENTED correctly! That was it, it's missing the left hand objects, the scroll bar and the little button below it.

Amazing. Six fucking years, four hundred devs, and they couldn't get the UI to scale properly. The whole industry's getting lazy from indies to CDPR, you get 16:9 UIs with black framing, but Larian couldn't even manage that. No wonder they didn't fix the toilet chain, click listeners must terrify them.
You have a 16:9 display, right? Mine is 16:9, 4k resolution. When I started the game for the very first time, the video settings were showing some weird ratio with three-digit numbers. I don't know if at this point there were parts of the image not visible, but I just switched it to 16:9 and it's been all good since then.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am the only one that really appreciates the exclusively brit voice-acting? That was great in Elden Ring as well(japs got it).

Always felt weird having the 'kwanzan voices in most fantasy medieval games. HEYYA, IT IS ME IMOEN!
American English in medieval fantasy RPGs is a scourge on immersion. It's sad so many fantasy games have it.

My guess is we are lucky that it's a European company, and British/Irish voice actors are easier to hire.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you from the Middle East? :M
It's the Near East, bigot. Nah, I'm just too lazy to deal with windows cracks any more.
It was a joke about "10" being legal (as opposed to 16/18 years of age), but maybe my delivery sucked and it wasn't comprehensible :negative:

Also, Windows is free since windows 10 except a watermark, I think, and you can use any key since windows 7, so do people even pirate it nowadays?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm surprised they let you kill goblin kids.

Purging feels good.
As far as I know, they let you kill kids of any race. There is also an encounter in the wild with a kid that may die to monsters.

i am enjoying the game so far but jesus, an AAA game with no UI scaling in the year of our lord 2023. i had to play in 1080p (playing on 55 inch TV on the couch since it's just better for my back) so the menu to be readable.

and say what you want about the style of solasta's Ui, that game has more polished UI than BG3, the same with the wrathfinder: kingmaker for their brilliant level up screen and progression sheet.
Yeah, wanted to play in 4k on my TV from the couch but text is unreadable. Had to go to full hd and sit in the armchair closer to the tv. Odd how much they invested in graphics and yet such an obvious basic functionality is missing
I'm playing from an armchair too. It's actually better for longer sessions than my usual chair. I should post a pic of the setup, you'll laugh.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's quite queer how the same people who rightly shit on WOTR for being pozzed, degenerate trash are now suddenly singing the praises of a game which is, apparently, even more full of degenerate trash... Is it the Baldur's Gate branding? Is it OK when it's D&D and not an offshoot? Is it because Larian?

Likely combination of D&D, Baldur's Gate, turn based and Larian. The game has all the right buzzwords to make Codexers cream their pants.

Of course, it all depends how intrusive the pozz is and how much you can just ignore (i assume you are not going to see the faggoty/bestiality romances unless you intentionally pursue them), though given the state of modern l1bruls i wouldn't be suprised if you have same sex NPCs start hitting on you unprompted and with no lead up to it, just forcing sexual deviancy on the player whether they opted to see it or not.

Frankly, from what i've seen of past Larian games i'd be more worried about the writing. Not that BG1/2 had super great writing but modern nu-dev writing is just something else. Right now i'm not seeing a lot of talk about that, but then the game has been open acess for the past century and a half so i think this kind of stuff has already been talked about to death by people who actually followed devopment. I kept myself in total dark but i've seen example of writing in Divinity 2 that were just beyond cringe, objectively worse than anything from BG1/2.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Hotfix seems to introduce new bugs. I'm stuck with dialogue UI (no hotbars at all), fixed with reload), happened 3 times this morning.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gamer girlfriend plays Baldur's Gate 3 while getting fucked and loses gold and companions - cute
I find it hilarious that the single source of degenerate content in this thread are the people (supposedly) up in arms about degeneracy the most.

When the rest of us see a dick-girl we remove that shit off our screens as soon as possible. But you guys seem to become mesmerized by it and just need to take screenshots (or find/look them up) or make whole videos about it.

What's wrong with you people?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am the only one that really appreciates the exclusively brit voice-acting?

I'm very disappointed at player voices not having a proper dwarf voice. Even thinking rerolling something different.
BTW killing the demon in tutorial was really satisfying, especially hitting with his own sword. I'm loving that they made spells having most of their tabletop uses, like Command.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's quite queer how the same people who rightly shit on WOTR for being pozzed, degenerate trash are now suddenly singing the praises of a game which is, apparently, even more full of degenerate trash... Is it the Baldur's Gate branding? Is it OK when it's D&D and not an offshoot? Is it because Larian?

It's just because it's brand new and the first AAAAAA+++++ RPG in years.

Wait for people to finish it first before the edgy opinions pop up. By the end of the year it will be "good for what it is", in 2 years it will be shit and in 10, the WORST GAME EVAR OMG HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE THIS, just like what happened with D:OS2. Or Morrowind.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Gamer girlfriend plays Baldur's Gate 3 while getting fucked and loses gold and companions - cute
I find it hilarious that the single source of degenerate content in this thread are the people (supposedly) up in arms about degeneracy the most.

When the rest of us see a dick-girl we remove that shit off our screens as soon as possible. But you guys seem to become mesmerized by it and just need to take screenshots (or find/look them up) or make whole videos about it.

What's wrong with you people?
Well, it's obvious - on some level they like this stuff. That's why they can't shut up about it.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Against my better judgement, ended up getting the game. So now i can bitch about it with full legitimacy.

Am about 8 hours in, saved the grove and killed most of the gobbos on the map (didn't even intend to, but between gobbos wanting me to touch feces and kiss their feet, i kinda accidentally ended up fighting the entire camp and murderhobboing everyone).

Pros:
-The game runs for me at all, am actually under spec but still able to put a few settings on medium and find the game pretty because i am not a graphics whore.

-Fine i admit it, the facial animations and expressions are good.

-Low level adventuring has been fun so far.

The bad and just general bitching:

-Everyone wants to have sex with me. And i sure af didn't incite it. Larian can't write romances for shit it seems, very little chase and effort required on your part. I'm starting to really agree with Roguey that bioware writers back in the day got too much shit, like poor Helpler and her "We have all sorts of girls, from innocent girl next door to raunchy let's have sex right now on the floor haha" (parapharased) quote has nothing on the companions here. The worst is i intentionally made a low charisma dude to avoid this problem, hoping the game's vaunted reactivity would take this into account. It did not, everyone seems to refer to my character as being uber hot. Granted having only 2 body options maybe ain't helping, guess everyone just agrees to put a paper bag over my pc's head.

-Kink stuff aplenty and some of it forced. The aforementioned feces touching? Yeah i had no choice but to dabble in it to some degree ¬¬ I suppose some smartass will say i could have metal gear solid my way into the goblin camp but i was doing fine relying on guile and subtlety to talk my way through and the game even misled me by offering an animal handling option to get an in with the guard by talking about his warg. Then i was locked into touching shit, whether that be my pc dabbing it on his face or WINKING and then tossing it. No option to back out of it or to attack, this was really a "dare you enter my magical forest of piss" moment. Then once inside met a disciple of pain and my companions were REALLY keen on my pc getting whipped, making me wish there was a "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?" dialogue option.

-Related to that, the famed reactivity and a billion dialogue choices. Fuck you everyone who has been spreading these lies. Fuck you for EVER insulting bioware games and looking down upon them. To refresh peoples memories, i recently played both origins and inquisition, so believe me 100% when i say you don't have any more options or ways of answering people then you do in those games.
Though I am perfectly willing to believe there are a lot of racial and class choices. I wouldn't know because i picked a chad human fighter, no multiclass bs. So i haven't exactly seen any of those vaunted extra choices besides every once in a while having a fighter option which didn't even feel special *Sees a choke point* "CHOKEPOINTS FAVOR THE DEFENDER HUR DUR* NPC: "Wow mr fighter you are so good at fighting, we never thought about that :O". Yeah good thing i'm a fighter for that amazing fighter insight no one that isn't a fighter could ever hope to attain. Would have made more sense to lock these kinda options behind stats as i don't see why a barbarian with above average int couldn't come up with this conclusion also but oh no i forget, stats bad, which is why my char 8 fighter can become a bard any time he chooses.
Point being is without this gimmick and the writers enjoying your class/racial combo enough to provide more special snowflake choices, no you do not get any more ways of responding to events that you do in any other rpg. And you're just as often, if not more so completely forced into a very limited set of options and at the mercy of the writer's barely disguised fetishes. I do not want to hear anyone bad mouthing bioware games ever again when it comes to their writing or their simple paragon vs renegade dynamic and in inquisition i could get my pc to say some seriously badass things or good reasoning from time to time that i've yet to see in bg3 at all.

-Character creation is abysmal. But hey i can mix and match genitals :D Yeah i'm pretty sure i said this before already but actually being in the char create and having only 5 faces to choose from when i had more then a dozen for genitals really pissed me off. I was done with my character in 2 minutes, absolutely one of the worst char creators i have ever seen in an rpg, period.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The Larian obsession with ground effects is still noticeable when every fucker from Goblin to Gnoll has acid and fire bombs and whatnot.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait for people to finish it first before the edgy opinions pop up. By the end of the year it will be "good for what it is", in 2 years it will be shit and in 10, the WORST GAME EVAR OMG HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE THIS, just like what happened with D:OS2. Or Morrowind.
Nah, it's just that the whiners will keep whining about something that they don't like, while the rest of us move on. It makes it seems like most opinions have turned against those games.

I like all those games you mentioned by the way, even though they all have their unique flaws, but I don't feel the need to drop by every thread to remind everyone how good the games are.

Efe

Erudite
It seems to be stutterring between transitions. starting conversation, load map or opening inventory etc.
anyone experienced or knows a fix or its just too heavy for my computer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom