Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, people's "souls" skill generally goes up but boss difficulty goes way, WAY up, from Demon's Souls being a total laughing stock all the way to some of the bosses in ER being only soloable by the top 1% of the playerbase.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, people's "souls" skill generally goes up but boss difficulty goes way, WAY up, from Demon's Souls being a total laughing stock all the way to some of the bosses in ER being only soloable by the top 1% of the playerbase.

Well that's an exaggeration. Most people who've seen any of my gameplay videos think I suck ass, but I soloed everything in all Souls games including Malenia.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Well that's an exaggeration. Most people who've seen any of my gameplay videos think I suck ass, but I soloed everything in all Souls games including Malenia.
If you soloed Malenia you absolutely do not suck ass (except if you took like a week to do it, in which case yes, you suck ass).

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

If you soloed Malenia you absolutely do not suck ass (except if you took like a week to do it, in which case yes, you suck ass).
What's the most difficult souls game?

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Is this nuBioware?

The sex/ romance scenes can be pretty NuBioware (some more than others), but with regard to what's shown in this video it sounds like you have to make some very retarded decisions to end up as Astarion's vampire spawn (not sure if this warrants a spoiler but better safe than sorry) so most of the playerbase aren't going to experience this particular bit of romance cringe.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What's the most difficult souls game?
Beyond two souls

Mortmal

Arcane
But why do you care how other people get their fun?
Kind of tired of rheotical questions myself.
Maybe attempt an answer as if it were real.
Hey, at least I'm consistent in my opinion.
But this is not the same (although kinda similar) thing as with Zombra 's ironmanning.
Even though it's not my cup of tea I came to understanding his point of thrill-seeking being not the same when you know there is a safety

I've come to realize most of the challenge in cRPGs, and frankly tabletop RPGs, comes from resource management and attrition.

You start to care about how people are having their fun when your tastes are completely ignored and theirs become the standard.

I can't argue with that, becasue I agree. I like the hard difficulty should be hard and attrition is one of the ways of make it that way.
But to better explain my point, take some single-difficulty Dark Souls for example.
Would you care if some guy grinds souls by cheesing mobs falling to their death?
I won't - it's his time, he can waste it the way they like; and I will waste time by starting as deprived and keep dying constantly but with sense of pride. :M
Dark Souls is a completely different animal. It's designed in the old-school Japanese way, meant for gamers. These are the kind of developers who, when testers complain a game is too hard, make it even harder. It doesn't bother me how others enjoy the game as long as it's possible for me to enjoy mine, which is the case in the Souls series, where exploration is thrilling and dangerous by default.
Do you even play souls game? The game gets easier by the title.

Dark Soul 3 are the easiest of the series and Elden Ring is by far the easiest of all the FS games.
The game isn't easier; it just doesn't surprise you anymore. The enemies' patterns are mostly the same.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Inject the content patch directly into my veins
1716890316617.png

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Finished honour mode last night, thought that I'd enjoy having to live with the consequences of my decisions and not save scum but I feel like it just highlighted the issues with all roads leading to the same path. Plus my camp felt kind of empty because I accidentally got the Owlbear cub killed, although on the flipside it did highlight how annoying I find Shadowheart because I think I actually enjoyed Act 3 more with her dead on the floor of the Shadowfell and not moping about her parents and her memories. Still a good game and it was a fun enough challenge but I don't think I'll ever want to do it again.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I always heard that Minsc was that one character everyone love in Baldur's Gate.

But holy shit he surprassed my expectations. Eevery dialogue with him is so funny. His humor is 100% better than anything else in the game.

Next steam sale, im getting BG1 and 2, so i can get more of him.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I always heard that Minsc was that one character everyone love in Baldur's Gate.

But holy shit he surprassed my expectations. Eevery dialogue with him is so funny. His humor is 100% better than anything else in the game.

This isn't the trigger thread. Wtf?

Barbarian

Arcane
Minsc and Jaheira were alright in this game. Might be nostalgia talking though.

Ironically I remember considering Jaheira insufferable in the old games.

Minsc works as the humorous outlet both here and in older games. He kind of overstayed his welcome being used in so much wotc stuff I guess. That is why he annoys so many people.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

You forgot to mention the best character in Baldur's Gate 3:

8gBeNhl.png

Hagashager

Educated
Minsc and Jaheira were alright in this game. Might be nostalgia talking though.

Ironically I remember considering Jaheira insufferable in the old games.

Minsc works as the humorous outlet both here and in older games. He kind of overstayed his welcome being used in so much wotc stuff I guess. That is why he annoys so many people.
They toned down Jaheira's bitchiness in BG 3 and forced into a humbling circumstance by way of her children.

She's the kindly grandma, it's even a joke she makes. She reminds me of Wynn from DA:O

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I don't know if someone posted this here, and if not, I'm sorry, but I just found it.

Even here there is a place for his black lesbian OC waifu.

Does anyone know where he got this from?

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I don't know if someone posted this here, and if not, I'm sorry, but I just found it.

I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't him cradling his cat and singing to her 3 times before the stream even started. Does it get better?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't him cradling his cat and singing to her 3 times before the stream even started. Does it get better?

Like the story of communist solidarity between the Vietnamese diaspora in eastern Berlin(1:05:16)?

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Ngl getting to level 12 makes really hard to me care about any quest.. I just kinda want to finish the game but there's like 3 companions quests to finish. For how long act 3 is, it's insane that level cap is so low.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ngl getting to level 12 makes really hard to me care about any quest.. I just kinda want to finish the game but there's like 3 companions quests to finish. For how long act 3 is, it's insane that level cap is so low.
Aye, that's the first thing I'm modding on the next run. Hopefully by then there will be mods to make it closer to tabletop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom