Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Hugo has been shit for decades, so that figures. Not surprised.

It's a joke just like modern scifi and basically 100% of popular media is a joke.

The last man to win best novel was Cixin Liu in 2015 with the Three-Body Problem.

Nearly a decade of literally whos winning the award, including some woman who three times in a row that apparently co-authored a novel based on Mass Effect: Andromeda of all things.

lel

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
homosexuals, furries, and so on are not.
Who's going to tell this 4chan educated retard about "degenerate" art and act in ancient worlds? Because I am not gonna spent my time educating a lump of meat which should've been aborted 20 something years ago.
Fucking hot chix generates new people.

Dressing up in fursuits or smoking pole doesn't.

Barbarian

Arcane
Which fight did you guys considered the hardest/more challenging? In honour mode.

In my playthroughs the Sarevok fight and the duel with Orin/Slayer as durge. In particular when I faced the slayer as a pure rogue and one time the 3 death knights joined the fight with Sarevok due to the tribunal doors being open and scratch staying behind. Some other interesting fights that come to mind were the iron throne rescue mission and the second fight with Ethel.

There is some stuff I haven't tried yet. Like siding with the emperor and facing the netherbrain "countermeasures". But that final fight is somewhat trivialized by all the countless "summon your allies" options you have.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Which fight did you guys considered the hardest/more challenging? In honour mode.

In my playthroughs the Sarevok fight and the duel with Orin/Slayer as durge. In particular when I faced the slayer as a pure rogue and one time the 3 death knights joined the fight with Sarevok due to the tribunal doors being open and scratch staying behind. Some other interesting fights that come to mind were the iron throne rescue mission and the second fight with Ethel.

There is some stuff I haven't tried yet. Like siding with the emperor and facing the netherbrain "countermeasures". But that final fight is somewhat trivialized by all the countless "summon your allies" options you have.
Nether... brain... Wow. So, the woketards finally admit they think with what's in their ass.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The fight where Jaheira's army fights against Ketheric's army was the hardest. After 20+ tries, my party was 1hp, with no potions, scrolls, nothing. And then without resting, the game wants you to beat Ketheric on the rooftop. That was just bullshit, I had to cheat.

Yosharian

Arcane
The fight where Jaheira's army fights against Ketheric's army was the hardest. After 20+ tries, my party was 1hp, with no potions, scrolls, nothing. And then without resting, the game wants you to beat Ketheric on the rooftop. That was just bullshit, I had to cheat.
I cannot fathom finding any part of this game difficult past the first few hours. It's just so pathetically easy. Sure the Ketheric fight is a little challenging, but resorting to cheating? Jesus christ.

Edit: ah wait, you were talking about Honour mode?

Yosharian

Arcane

Difficult to beat without dying once? Or just difficult to beat, period?

Barbarian

Arcane

Afaik you can just leave the castle grounds after the fight, rest, come back and face Ketheric.

No idea if that is intended or not - to be able to do it I mean.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I cannot fathom finding any part of this game difficult past the first few hours. It's just so pathetically easy. Sure the Ketheric fight is a little challenging, but resorting to cheating? Jesus christ.

Edit: ah wait, you were talking about Honour mode?
Maybe it's because I didn't find Jaheira's camp at all on the map, so I didn't help her get ready for the fight, or something? Her troops get demolished and then my party has to face a ton, ton, ton of shit.

Not Honor mode.

Barbarian

Arcane
What is your party setup? Shadowheart setup as a buff/heal burst bot helps a lot in such fights. Mass healing word(and associated buffs, e.g: whispering promise) and such spells affects the harpers.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Minthara, Reptile woman, custom rogue, mage protag.

Minthara is a paladin, she can heal, but only a bit. No dedicated healer.

Shadowheart tried to steal the sphere from Reptile woman and died in the ensuing fight. Couldn't be helped.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The only time I beat the game I had to do that roof top fight with no Jaheira, no assistance at all and the drider was up there. It was very difficult. Had to pop an initiative potion and get lucky with a hold monster scroll on drider

Barbarian

Arcane
I mean, I did infiltrate moonrise, but I had to take the drider's lantern in order to get there.

I suppose you guys followed him instead of ambushing him and killing him with the Harpers.

Larianshill

Arbiter
The final fight (without Emperor) was by far the biggest pain in my ass. The four adds are a problem, but the illithid arcanists in the back are a much bigger one - I overly relied on Haste, and it's very easy to lose concentration in this fight. You *can* make it much easier by just summoning all your allies, but I was playing evil Durge, so I didn't have jack shit.

Old Hans

Arcane
I had the dumbest situation happen during the moonrise towers assault. I just finished clearing out the main floor with the hapers and I was looting all the gear, when I picked up a red sword, which caused Talli the harper vendor to lose her shit and throw Lae'zel in jail. the entire criminal/jail system is so dumb in this game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom