Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Rhobar121

Scholar
So apparently I passed too close to Waukeen's Rest before actually going inside the area, some timer started and now everyone's dead.
Backtracking here is out of the question as I've been seeing the edges of the building on the map for quite sometime, I'd probably have to lose hours and hours of play to go back to a point where the timer hadn't started yet.

Apparently this means losing quests and items.

This is fucked.
It's killing my resolve to go on with this game.
The building is on fire and the trapped people are trying to get out of the flames.
Let them wait what bad can happen #suprised pikachu

Rhobar121

Scholar
what is this redguard doing in baldur's gate
fuckin dynaheir all over again

Backstory_Wyll.png
Better check who is currently the leader of the flaming fist.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Lae'zel's arc: If you do everything she wants, she's sort of, kind of, nice to you. After 60 hours of threatening to murder you and being a grade-A bitch. After you drag her kicking and screaming through each of her idiotic reveals about how brainwashing is bad. After the worst callback to Dak'kon I've ever seen out of fanfiction.

Internet:

shia-labeouf-clapping.gif

And the other companions are so bad that numerous codexers prefer this frog instead.

"Le writing's okay."

I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

She seems alright so far. I don't know much about DnD but she's a dogsbody fanatic raised in a genocidal, ingsoc style military society?

Her romance shit seems genuinely hilarious as well. Effectively I'm going to rape you tonight, so prepare yourself.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Not giving you a dialogue option to Dark Urge that irritating Hollyphant detective in Act 3 into pieces is a missed opportunity
Are you actually embracing the Urge? If so, keep playing, there's a nice surprise for you.
I just got to this part of the playthrough, I retract all my criticisms of the game, no matter what issues it has from now on it's a 10/10 for letting me do that. Praise Bhaal!

mastroego

Arcane
So apparently I passed too close to Waukeen's Rest before actually going inside the area, some timer started and now everyone's dead.
Backtracking here is out of the question as I've been seeing the edges of the building on the map for quite sometime, I'd probably have to lose hours and hours of play to go back to a point where the timer hadn't started yet.

This is fucked.
The building is on fire and the trapped people are trying to get out of the flames.
I only saw the external walls strolling through the map, I had no idea there was a fire inside. Basically everything was grayed out as an ordinary unexplored part of the map.
That's why I said it's fucked up.

Rhobar121

Scholar

This is fucked.
I only saw the external walls strolling through the map, I had no idea there was a fire inside. Basically everything was grayed out as an ordinary unexplored part of the map.
That's why I said it's fucked up.
In fact, you've lost one meaningless side quest and a little introduction to Wyll's story that doesn't matter because you'll find out later anyway.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ok, let's not delude ourselves thinking anything we say here has any bearing on the development of a future RPG with the budget and scope of BG3. Anyone who decides to participate here is autistically screeching into the void one way or another. With that said I'm still gonna be shitting on the writing because that's my opinion and go fuck yourself.

It probably has *some* bearing, it just depends on the subject. Devs read Codex, just as they read Reddit and Resetera, and generally as a dev you want to cater to as many people as possible. Sure, no one will remove trannies from the game and piss off a milion redditors just to satisfy some small niche, culture war topics are mostly pointless to discuss, but if you're a dev and see thousands autists on an RPG forums complain about some issue like the tactician being too easy, you might as well throw them some uber-tactician difficulty setting in the next game, since it doesn't cost you much and doesn't piss anyone, etc. Also even if the effect on AAA RPGs is small, majority of RPGs still come from the indie scene, and these games are often heavily impacted by what devs read on some niche internet forum, so any discussion might have an effect on the scene as a whole. If you don't like trannies in BG3, it's probably worth saying it, just so other smaller devs know that there is still a niche interested in non-trannyfied games.

When I picture devs checking in with the Codex, I picture it like one of those movie scenes where you have like the Forbidden Dangerous Object in a sealed vault capable of withstanding a direct nuclear hit, sitting in a force field, tied up with chains and a thousand safeguards and palm recognition devices, with clamps coming off the thing blowing steam ;)

And then afterwards, the dev has to go through a decontamination procedure and a special interview with the HR department like the Replicant interview in Bladerunner.

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you don't like trannies in BG3, it's probably worth saying it, just so other smaller devs know that there is still a niche interested in non-trannyfied games.

Since there are no trannies, only a crossdresser in the circus in act 3, they just think you're crazy and dismiss your entire feedback

There are trannies, and you again talk about the whole game, despite still being in act 1 like you admitted yesterday.

Just because I'm still in act 1 doesn't mean I can't read up about other acts. So, what trannies are there?
have you tried to create your character yet?

Herumor

Scholar
Not giving you a dialogue option to Dark Urge that irritating Hollyphant detective in Act 3 into pieces is a missed opportunity
Are you actually embracing the Urge? If so, keep playing, there's a nice surprise for you.
I just got to this part of the playthrough, I retract all my criticisms of the game, no matter what issues it has from now on it's a 10/10 for letting me do that. Praise Bhaal!
One of my wishes for Dark Urge is to get more unique kill animations depending on our choices in situations like that. I enjoyed gutting Wyll. Later on, you have the chance to regale someone with your tale of how you killed the detective - one of the options is to tell them you strangled him with his own trunk and I really wish we could have seen that.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom