Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Larian haters just keep on losing bros

afbeelding.png

Shaki

Arbiter
If you don't like trannies in BG3, it's probably worth saying it, just so other smaller devs know that there is still a niche interested in non-trannyfied games.

Since there are no trannies, only a crossdresser in the circus in act 3, they just think you're crazy and dismiss your entire feedback

There are trannies, and you again talk about the whole game, despite still being in act 1 like you admitted yesterday.

Just because I'm still in act 1 doesn't mean I can't read up about other acts. So, what trannies are there?
Shadowheart's "friend" is a literal tranny

welly321

Scholar
Game has definitely grown on me. The beginning was a bit slow and felt like a themepark but as I got into the underdark and explored, things really started to click for me. So far the underdark and the grimforge are my favorite areas. This is a genuinely good game.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Game has definitely grown on me. The beginning was a bit slow and felt like a themepark but as I got into the underdark and explored, things really started to click for me. So far the underdark and the grimforge are my favorite areas. This is a genuinely good game.
Wait until you visit Yharnam

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I forgot to take Speak with the Dead in my evil genocide run, so if I start an omnicide playthrough I might take it for laughs.

BG3 is a legit psycho murderer sim. I'm feeling very immersed.

welly321

Scholar
the town in bloodborne? Interesting, didnt realize BG3 was doing a crossover with bloodborne.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Codextards still crying BG3 is the biggest CRPG success ever.

Tears on the cuckdex will be mined for years, god bless Larian.

The vast majority of codexers are low tier/brain dead edgytards with terrible taste and even worse takes, 24/7 on GD mode. We come here for the few that matters and to laugh over the pathetic weaklings trying hard for KKK cred - lol, fuck, clout chasing this crowd of all people damn... What a bunch of idiotic mongoloids xD

BUT ANYWAY

It's beautiful to observe THE HORROR and LONELINESS. THERE IS NO HOPE. Itz Over!

Suffer more. Cucks. We want more.

:excellent:

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Act 2 is better than 1 tho.

Shadow lands > Larian Island

Someone way back was hoping for a Larian Ravenloft game.

Shadow Lands is the most Ravenloft-Esque setting we are ever going to get in a big-budget traditional CRPG.

if you cut out the ending that connects it to the rest of the game, it literally could be Ravenloft.

Ketheric As a Darklord, his desire for power / ruthlessness- cruelty in the war causes dark powers to take notice. Dark Powers being the secret force behind his powers. His curse is Act 2 spoiler but obvious.

Transformation to the shadow lands is the realm being teleported into Ravenloft. Reading the lore books goes into the before and after and the transformation of the domain.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One downside of the way that it is structured without hubs is that there is no reason to look forward to making money. That was one cool thing about BG2. You were able to access some shops early on that carried some powerful late game items. Browsing them you could have a goal for making more money.

So far in this game, aside from the very beginning, every time I see a shop I immediately buy everything that is an upgrade over my existing gear or useful. And I still have tons of money left over. I never have any reason to go back to any of those shops except to dump even more loot to free up encumbrance.

I think hubs also allows for a structure that has more choice, or at least the illusion of it, for what you are going to do. They are also a good chance to express reactivity as the hub can change based on various decisions. I'd say that I generally prefer Hub based structures at this time.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
the town in bloodborne? Interesting, didnt realize BG3 was doing a crossover with bloodborne.
Oh, you'll see.
On the one hand, it is pretty cool.
On the other, especially with tax collector lady, you will have that "Okay, you're supposed to change things a little bit when copying shit" moment.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you don't like trannies in BG3, it's probably worth saying it, just so other smaller devs know that there is still a niche interested in non-trannyfied games.

Since there are no trannies, only a crossdresser in the circus in act 3, they just think you're crazy and dismiss your entire feedback

There are trannies, and you again talk about the whole game, despite still being in act 1 like you admitted yesterday.

Just because I'm still in act 1 doesn't mean I can't read up about other acts. So, what trannies are there?
I know of at least one bearded lady that works as a guard in the press house.

Press.jpg

Rhobar121

Scholar

View attachment 40334
Damn dwarfs

Rhobar121

Scholar

View attachment 40334
No idea how this works in dnd but aren't dwarf women with beards Tolkien's work? This is also what CDPR did with Thronebreaker.

Shaki

Arbiter
Shadowheart's "friend" is a literal tranny
So all this kvetching and screeching is about one tranny? Holy smokes are you a snowflake
"GAME HAS NO TRANNIES"

"AKSHUALLY THIS MAN IN A DRESS QUALIFIES AS A DRAG QUEEN, AND NOT A TRANNY!"

"OK THIS IS A TRANNY, BUT WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT ONE TRANNY, LMAO"

People also already pointed some other trannies to you, I'm not doing this dance for the next 10 pages, where whenever you're proven wrong, you just shift the goalposts. "It's 0 trannies" "its just 1 tranny" "just 2 trannies" "just 100 trannies" "ok everyone is a tranny but you can kill them so its not woke" etc... You're too deep to ever admit being wrong.

You're just making yourself look like a retard, even most people loving the game have no problem admitting it's woke af, majority of journos and reddit etc. straight up constantly praises its wokeness and inclusion of gays, trannies etc. as one of the game's biggest positives. You literally chose the dumbest possible hill to die on.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
just 2 trannies ... literally ... the dumbest possible hill to die on
I agree, 2 trannies are the dumbest possible hill to die on and yet, you went there. Congratulations are in order

Really the only people who care if and how much trannies, gays or whatever are in the game are the screeching echo chambers of Codex and Resetera, both wholly unaware of their military grade autism.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.ign.com/articles/if-bal...-be-more-forgiving-dragon-age-co-creator-says

This tweet, viewed 1.6 million times, prompted a response from Twitter user BlackSalander, who said if Lae'zel was a male character, players “would be swooning about him being so edgy and such a bad boy”.

“Oh wait I forgot, that's Astarion,” BlackSalander said, referencing Baldur’s Gate 3’s cruel, pompous, manipulative, male vampire companion.

This tweet then prompted a response from David Gaider, lead writer and co-creator of BioWare’s Dragon Age franchise, which Baldur’s Gate 3 is often compared to.

“Can confirm,” Gaider said. “The Dragon Age fandom consistently gave WAY more latitude and forgiveness to male characters as opposed to female characters, in every game. It is very much a Thing.”

Moral of the story: if we had Twitter in the 90s, BG2 would never have been made.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I reached Level 5, I expect the game to turn into a cakewalk now or I will be deeply disappointed. Also that fire in the inn was a cool diversion, never had something like this in an RPG.
Oh boy, and I thought I was behind with playing.
I’m level 4, had to go back to real life responsibilities so I might as well wait for Patch 1.
I work and have a family. But I've still managed to put in 72 hours, lvl 8 currently. Just going through the battle for Moonrise tower first floor.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Many people commenting on BG3 and the Forgotten Realms generally seem to be under the misapprehension that the Forgotten Realms was ever a serious attempt at creating a fantasy version of pseudo-medieval Europe, as opposed to a RenFair LARPfest version of contemporary America/Canada, in which there is a vast "Heartland" area that is an American/Canadian monoculture with American/Canadian norms
That being said, I've encountered D&D books from 2nd edition times which are not only not low-effort writing, but were genuinely interesting to read as fantasy fiction. PHBR10 - "the complete book of humanoids". "The North: Guide to The Savage Frontier". FR14, "The Great Glacier". I've read them all from torrents, but they struck me with how grounded they were.

How do you explain this, what was the context that they were written in? Was it TSR adding some healthy stuff to Greenwood's setting?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom