Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

biffthestiff

Educated
1) I'm still level 1 in Beregost. Imoen and Montaron can only lockpick like 1 out of 10. Even spamming it 20 times per chest I run into does nothing. They can't even set snares! I savescummed like 20 times to deal with that ogre earlier on, they kept failing and sometimes even killing themselves until I gave up and fought him normally. Did I miss out on anything important from the couple of dozen locked chests I missed? Is Thievery any good in BG1 in general?

2) I intend to have an evil party, but the game text says Imoen would stay with me "no matter which path I took". Is that just flavor text, or will she stick with me despite alignment issues? Otherwise I'll use Shadowkeeper to make Montaron an archer like her.

3) Is there an easy way to lower reputation to a desired level without turning entire cities hostile, like some reverse donation? BG1 seems to be the sort of game where being evil just means you're locked out of quests and rewards.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
1. You can use potions to increase your chances. Or <gasp!> come back when you have leveled up. Those chests are not going anywhere.

1) I'm still level 1 in Beregost. Imoen and Montaron can only lockpick like 1 out of 10. Even spamming it 20 times per chest I run into does nothing. They can't even set snares! I savescummed like 20 times to deal with that ogre earlier on, they kept failing and sometimes even killing themselves until I gave up and fought him normally. Did I miss out on anything important from the couple of dozen locked chests I missed? Is Thievery any good in BG1 in general?

2) I intend to have an evil party, but the game text says Imoen would stay with me "no matter which path I took". Is that just flavor text, or will she stick with me despite alignment issues? Otherwise I'll use Shadowkeeper to make Montaron an archer like her.

3) Is there an easy way to lower reputation to a desired level without turning entire cities hostile, like some reverse donation? BG1 seems to be the sort of game where being evil just means you're locked out of quests and rewards.

What is their thieving skill at? Lock-picking is a good investment, and should be brought to at least 65-75 before you allocate points anywhere else. After that, get traps to a similar state and then bring them both to 100 in tandem. An evil party for a first play through it not recommended. While you can do evil, it's not well provided for and will honestly be difficult to maintain a low reputation if you do most quests. The only real benefit to going evil, is killing select NPCs for a major EXP boost early on. While there are a few quests that allow you to complete them in an evil manner, the rewards are typically less. For BG1, the creators were mindful of children playing the game, and kept it heroic (despite giving the player some latitude). It isn't until BG2 that alignment really comes into play, and even then, it's often sub-optimal (Trademeet questline in particular).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don’t listen to this guy. Unfortunately lockpicking is a completely useless skill. From level 3 Xzar can cast Knock which will unlock any lock in the game, no check. Thieves are better off investing into traps, pickpocketing or stealth.

He’s right about alignment though

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Don’t listen to this guy. Unfortunately lockpicking is a completely useless skill. From level 3 Xzar can cast Knock which will unlock any lock in the game, no check. Thieves are better off investing into traps, pickpocketing or stealth.
Maybe in BG1 if you're willing to give up the spell slots (seriously, don't you want Xzar to cast Horror instead?), but in BG2 you should always use the Thief's lockpicking because it's the only method that gives you XP.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not really. Even in the most rest limited game pickpocket, traps and stealth are more valuable since you can just use scrolls. And most people do not restrict rest.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
400XP spread out on 6 characters who all need tens of thousands of XP to level up is the definition of trivial
Whatever, man. By level 3 you can already reach a 90 score in Open Locks, so why wouldn't you? Those Thief points are far less valuable than 2nd level spell slots.

vota DC

Augur
In bg1 you don't have enough space for Imoen if you are collecting evil aligned guys even without ee. With Kagain as a tank you can delay Viconia (Kagain is Wolverine) and use Imoen for early traps and container while you specialize Montaron for stealing....then with Imoen out you give traps and lockpicking to Montaron too....you don't need high lockpicking and there aren't many traps early game.
In bg2 evil are rarer, only with ee they fill all roles. A mod that let you to keep Kagain, Montaron and Xzar would be fun....Kagain could be less special since there are rings of regeneration but you get belt of strength to compete with Korgan too.

Mauman

Learned
The best (that is to say, the mostly non-insultingly written) companions in BG1 NPC are:

- Branwen
- Dynaheir (except the romance, it's obviously trash)
- Edwin
- Kagain
- Montaron
- Xzar
- Skie (mostly for the lulz)

Avoid Xan, Shar-Teel and for all that is holy in this world: Kivan at all costs.

Again, this is only with the BG1 NPC project. The companions will hardly have anything to say otherwise.

I played the default party (Imoen, Jaheira/Khalid, and Minsc/Dynaheir) and didn't find them TOO offensive. Though I did tell Dynaheir to stop flirting with me at every turn. I heard they did Kivan dirty though, and of course I'd rather eat shit then take a misandrist asshole like Shar-Teel along for the ride (too be fair, I feel the same way about a certain Misogynistic bard).

I was definitely happy that having Jaheria along for the ride opened up some quest solutions for a few quests. Honestly out of the group that I had it was Dynaheir I liked the least. She came off as a bit insufferable, when she wasn't trying to bone me :roll:

What did they do to Xan?

Granted, it was years ago (before beamturd) that I played BG with the NPC project. Perhaps I just blacked out the horror and don't realize it.

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
The best (that is to say, the mostly non-insultingly written) companions in BG1 NPC are:

- Branwen
- Dynaheir (except the romance, it's obviously trash)
- Edwin
- Kagain
- Montaron
- Xzar
- Skie (mostly for the lulz)

Avoid Xan, Shar-Teel and for all that is holy in this world: Kivan at all costs.

Again, this is only with the BG1 NPC project. The companions will hardly have anything to say otherwise.

I played the default party (Imoen, Jaheira/Khalid, and Minsc/Dynaheir) and didn't find them TOO offensive. Though I did tell Dynaheir to stop flirting with me at every turn. I heard they did Kivan dirty though, and of course I'd rather eat shit then take a misandrist asshole like Shar-Teel along for the ride (too be fair, I feel the same way about a certain Misogynistic bard).

I was definitely happy that having Jaheria along for the ride opened up some quest solutions for a few quests. Honestly out of the group that I had it was Dynaheir I liked the least. She came off as a bit insufferable, when she wasn't trying to bone me :roll:

What did they do to Xan?

Granted, it was years ago (before beamturd) that I played BG with the NPC project. Perhaps I just blacked out the horror and don't realize it.
BGNPC turns kivan into :
2429797-kivannobowl.png

:edgy:

Taim

Educated
It's been more than a few years since I've dipped my toes into the autism that is Baldur's Gate modding. I remember spending my teens learning enough about the Windows Operating System to run Big Picture to install all kinds of horrible shit. Never reached Grunker's depths of liking Saerilith (it's ok bro) but it was bad.

Full disclosure: I was never actually good at BG2. I found the mage battles super hard and never understood that Breach was an "I win" button. I am also a non-minmaxed RP storyfag (who also enjoys good combat).

Now that I am much older and slightly wiser, I'd like some input on my plans, install order, and thoughts on a few of the components i'm installing for my BG1 EE run:

Gonna play a Half-Elf Fighter/Thief with this portrait:

and the David Warner soundset. Sure, charname is supposed to be 20 and he looks and sounds like he's at least in his 40s, but fuck it - I'm planning on doing an entire trilogy run (and finally beating ToB) with this guy.

First - unfucking the EE edition
  • Lefreut's UI
  • Classic Movies
  • Remove BD NPCs

Stuff I'm sure about:
  1. Rogue Rebalancing
    1. Just the thievery change to change bioware's horrible pickpocket implementation
  2. SCS
    1. Basic AI enhancements
    2. Smarter General AI
    3. Better Calls for help
    4. Smarter Mages/Priests
    5. Decrease Reputation Gain Rate by 50%
    6. Reduce Inquisitors dispel magic to 1.5x
    7. Improved TotSC text screens
  3. CDTweaks (reallly? CamDawg named the fucking tweak pack after himself? Maybe he's having a mid-life crisis now.)
    1. BG1 Proficiency System w/ BG2 Weapon Styles
    2. Unique Containers (icons only)
    3. Separate Resist Fire/Resist Cold Icon into Separate Icons
    4. Cloakwood Mines Chapter End Trigger back to pre-ToTSC
    5. Send BioWare NPCs to Inns
    6. Max HP @ level 1
    7. Neutral Characters Happy at Neutral Rep
    8. Start New Games with Party AI turned off
    9. Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls (why isn't this in the fixpack)
    10. Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge
    11. Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI scripting to party

Stuff I'm still deciding on:

1. BG1 NPC Project
    • You guys have already given good feedback on this mod - unfortunately this kind of makes the decision harder. It's really a shame Domi was the lead writer on this effort and most of her work is girly and overly emotional stuff. I'm definitely avoiding the romance section, fwiw.
    • One question I *do* have: How overpowered are the items you get? Apparently you get a ring of human influence for doing nothing, even if you don't have the romance part installed, a little big of digging revealed - yes this was a Domi decision. Apparently Jaheira gets a +2 club as well thats better than anything else she could use in the game? If it's inconsistent writing alone I can probably deal with that, but inconsistent writing AND fucking up the item progression of BG1 (one of the few things the game completely nailed from the start) is blasphemous.
  2. BG1 UB
    • I'll probably install all components. Doesn't seem very offensive. Anyone have any comments on the newer shit that AstroBryGuy did (i.e. Svlast, some Ulcaster ghoul thing)? What about the other stuff like Quonigar?
    • For reference I think BG2 UB is mostly shit, where modders get to justify inserting their garbage dialogue into the game under a thin veneer of "it already existed", when in fact maybe 10% of it already existed and the other 90% was horribly expanded upon.
    • From when I played BG1 UB several years ago though - it was much less obvious what was added content and what was originally there. Kind of the whole point for these types of mods, no?
  3. SCS
    • Icewind Dale spells? Yes or no? How much does this fuck with the balance of things? I'm assuming its fine since SCS already completely fucks with the balance of things and creates its own balance - so anything DavidW adds is probably fine. I just hope it doesn't make the spell system more overwhelming than it already is.
    • Do you guys use his modifications to Cure Wounds?
    • How do you guys like his potions component?
    • For all of the improved encounters: I'm likely gonna install SCS late and just feel it out as I go. I remember thinking the encounters were bullshit last time I played but I was also an idiot who didn't understand the game last time I played.
    • Also will probably try on the middle "tactical" difficulty. I can handle mages having long term buffs up from the start, but I do not want every encounter to be me dispelling all of their short term buffs and shit. Prebuffing is boring and people who enjoy that part of these games are horrible people. One of the things PoE got right (come at me).
  4. CDTweaks
    • NPCs cannot use doors
    • BG Walking Speeds (I keep waffling on this one). I hated the discrepancy and total balance fuckery BGTutu/BGT did with making humanoids move as fast as animals, and how much this screws ranged attacks in this game. On the flipside: I also hate walking super slow in a game where you spend 90% of your time in wilderness maps. I'm either going to not install this and install the Faster Bears SCS component or I'm gonna install this and crank up the FPS from 30 -> 40. Still undecided.
    • Higher HP on level up: Debating between Average rolls and NWN-style rolls
    • Make Khalid a Fighter/Mage - almost rolled a fighter/mage myself. There are no fighter/mages in the game. Khalid would be better. Seems like the right play.
  5. Also entertaining the idea of installing the component of EETweaks that slows down xp gain by 25%

Last edited:
Rogue Re-balancing is an excellent mod. BG1 NPC project is also very good. There are a few NPCs that had a bit too much added to them, but that's very minor. It's pretty good. BG UB is fine because it's subtle. I play with it, but you won't really miss it if you don't have it. Never tried CDTweaks, but I highly advocate for aTweaks, particularly when you get to SoA.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The "p&p version of demons" (I don't recall the excact wording) of aTweaks is highly recommended if you want a challenge.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The UB mods are filled with small irrelevant quests. They’re quantity without quality.

The items from BG1NPC are not overpowered.

XP slowdown is definitely a good idea

vota DC

Augur
Somebody tried the trilogy mod? They say you can travel from area to BG 2 to BG 1 back. Does it allows to keep the party you have in BG 1 to Sod and BG 2? Wouldn't conflict with Xzar and Edwin being quest givers in BG 2 for example?

Taim

Educated
Thanks for the advice fellas. About to raid the Gnoll Stronghold and it's been a blast so far.

The NPC Project is much better than I remember it. Getting rid of Imoen was a great idea. Xzar & Monty are great, but two fighter/thief's are a bit redundant so we'll see how long I use them. Khalid and Jaheira have been surprisingly decent so far as well.

I try to swap out characters a bit so we'll see how Branwen, Xan, and Kivan do (not excited about the latter).

I will say getting 25% less xp has been intense - especially coupled with having a multiclass charname. Finally got his thief half to level 2 at least. Being a crazy masochist it's actually been pretty great getting creative and scouting/avoiding many encounters ahead of time. Doing minimal reloads (only die on charname death) and the economy is actually fun when you're scraping change together to afford health potions and raise dead services.

Also been using throwing daggers instead of bows for the first time ever and making pretty judicious use of Jaheria's entangle for Ogres/Bears. Doom is pretty dope too. Feels good to be using actual tactics for a change.

Still haven't gotten to a point where SCS bares its teeth - so we'll see how that turns out.

My install log if anyone is curious:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~LEUI-BG1EE/LEUI-BG1EE.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) - Core component: 4.4.2
~LEUI-BG1EE/LEUI-BG1EE.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 4.4.2
~LEUI-BG1EE/LEUI-BG1EE.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.4.2
~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies: v2.3.1
~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens: v2.3.1
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Disable all NPCs: v4.3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.92
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.92
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #120 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #155 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Coran his "Murder in Baldur's Gate" portrait: v27.1
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install Regular Audio Only: v6
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1270 // Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3310 // Start New Games with Party AI Turned Off: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2051 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 75%: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 75%: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Wand Case: 1.12

vota DC

Augur
Somebody tried the trilogy mod? They say you can travel from area to BG 2 to BG 1 back. Does it allows to keep the party you have in BG 1 to Sod and BG 2? Wouldn't conflict with Xzar and Edwin being quest givers in BG 2 for example?
Not sure if info Is update but EET mod allows npc continuity when they are dead (for example you take Minsc in party and follow Edwin quest: Minsc and the Witch will be dead in Sod) but they also disable Npc without Sod and bg2 content....seems to kill one of the main purpose for such mod, I don't understand if they disable custom NPC too. Since people like Edwin and Dorn aren't disabled I wonder if Edwin will be quest giver in Bg2 and Dorn in a cage in Sod.

biffthestiff

Educated
I'm playing EET. Is it possible to edit a familiar's skills? If so, how? I'd like to try using my Ferret familiar as the thief to free up a companion slot for a bard. I want to give him 80-90 in thief skills, the ferret's thief skills are too low otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom