Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It's 2021 and modders are still hard at work on this game. Just came across this thing, BG1 NPCs for SoA/ToB: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/974-bg1-npcs-for-soa-tob/

It's old but suddenly got a lot of updates over the past year. Besides the obvious, it apparently adds some quests and alternative quest solutions - adding the ability to side with Faldorn at Trademeet is the one that sticks out for me. In case you're not sold yet, there's also a Montaron romance.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does scs reroll enemies hp or something? I'm playing on hardcore and I've got to say they seem to die extremely quickly. Some of them at least. I'm tempted to turn on damage scaling.

Melcar

Arcane
Does scs reroll enemies hp or something? I'm playing on hardcore and I've got to say they seem to die extremely quickly. Some of them at least. I'm tempted to turn on damage scaling.

I think the Tweaks mod has the max HP option for enemies. Never played without it in my BG/IWD runs.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember skipping this one. What I'm wondering is whether the original game had set hp values for enemies, or did it roll for each one? And does scs do it? Because I don't remember enemies dying so fast, the Beastmasters panther had like 30 hp. I remember hp pools being more consistent.

Of course it's been a while and me recollections can be worth no more than a bag of shit.

Bhaalspawn

Literate
I have 2 questions:

1) My game is heavily modded and i just noticed that killing an enemy by means of reducing one of his stats to 0 gives no XP. Is that intentionall and if not i would appreciate someone helping me find the mod that causes this error.

2) How exactly do i reply to other posts with nothing but a sticker?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I have 2 questions:

1) My game is heavily modded and i just noticed that killing an enemy by means of reducing one of his stats to 0 gives no XP. Is that intentionall and if not i would appreciate someone helping me find the mod that causes this error.

Post your weidu.log

Bhaalspawn

Literate
I have 2 questions:

Post your weidu.log

Here is a link to it:
https://www.file.io/download/yQeY5MbqPH8M
The spell with which i triggered this bug is "cause disease" probably from "faith and powers" (causes 4d5 strength damage (kinda OP))

d1r

Patron
I have 2 questions:

Post your weidu.log

Here is a link to it:
https://www.file.io/download/yQeY5MbqPH8M
The spell with which i triggered this bug is "cause disease" probably from "faith and powers" (causes 4d5 strength damage (kinda OP))

Well, not sure if its actually a bug, since you're not directly killing him via damage. I've never seen a monster die due to having 0 CON though, so I can't really tell.

Also, don't use Weimars mod's, they're very outdated and SCS alone sould give you enough of a challenge.

Bhaalspawn

Literate
Well, not sure if its actually a bug, since you're not directly killing him via damage. I've never seen a monster die due to having 0 CON though, so I can't really tell.

Also, don't use Weimars mod's, they're very outdated and SCS alone sould give you enough of a challenge.

Not even ascension?

d1r

Patron

Not even ascension?

Ascension is fine. I was only talking about the Tactics Mod from Weimar.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Ascension is now maintained by SCS's developer, so it's basically necessary for the full experience.

It's been this way from the very beginning, there's no bug on your end.

vota DC

Augur
I installed Eet Trilogy mod with a few mod. There seems to be some mod that pur bg1 NPC in soa and they claim to be updated to track their skills so tomes wouldn't be wasted. But there Is anything about this for Sod, also no way to avoid the Sod kick party effect.

Also there Is a mod that allow to dual to a kit....I always wanted a generic fighter that dual as a necromancer...It Is fitting for bhaalspawn....too bad It also 'fix" the proficiency: no more put additional proficiency points after dual.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing EET. Is it possible to edit a familiar's skills? If so, how? I'd like to try using my Ferret familiar as the thief to free up a companion slot for a bard. I want to give him 80-90 in thief skills, the ferret's thief skills are too low otherwise.

Yes, pretty sure I did this once with Shadowkeeper. You just change the class under the creature tab. Finding the critter can be a pain, but they're all there. If the skills get all messed up for any reason, you can create an item with the skill bonuses with Nearinfinity and equip it to the creature. This also applies to the summoned critters from the figurines.

I always thought it was a bit stupid that the Ranger's dog and the lion couldn't hide in shadows. I can't remember if they got the backstab modifiers though, and obviously you'd have to get them to level up for it to register. Which I think can't be done. But you might be able to give backstab modifiers to an item they wear.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Any info on whether 2.6.6 broke any mods?

I mean, that updates broke ALL the EEs because of some shit with openal lmao. Fucking Beamdog.

Last year i did BG1 i'm ready to move on to BG2.

Gargaune

Magister
Any info on whether 2.6.6 broke any mods?
Is there any benefit in updating anymore? Did they fix the stacking characters pathfinding bug at least? I've stopped patching my IE EEs at 2.5, seemed to do the job, except for BG1 EE which is still at 2.3 'cause that was the last version of the NPC Project that let me dismiss companions to inns.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i have the steam version. You can revert to 2.5 in the "beta" option but it's not actually the same. Just saw a thread where somebody mentioned a mod still gave him an error even when he switched.

To be honest have no idea what the patch even does. "Hundreds of bug fixes". Like fucking what? I'm a minimalist with mods anyway, just want to make sure key stuff like SCS and whatever else works.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
All Beamdog updates break basically all worthwhile mods. You can install them on top of the update fine - but they will break existing playthroughs. It's spelled out in basically every modding guide for Baldur's Gate that you should disable updates when you play with mods.

(I missed that just like you and lost a full BG1-BG2-ToB playthrough halfway through SoA to that shit)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm not concerned with existing playthroughs. As a rule i expect all mods in all games to break existing playthroughs, so if i'm modding a game i always do it when i'm starting a new game from scratch.

Since SCS is getting updates i assume that works fine with 2.6. I'm not sure i care about anything else (except UI mods and stuff like that, and Ascention in BG2?). Even before the EEs i was always weary of mods that changed tons of things, like spells, abilities, stuff like Rogue Rebalancing, Devine Remix etc as i was always afraid SOMETHING could be broken and i wouldn't know until 50 hours into the game or some shit.

I'm also still confused about the install order. Right now i'm relying on this document but i'm sure someone will come in telling me the order is all wrong (as usual):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit#gid=1194891517

If i had to do another BG1 playthrough, i'd probably skip Unfinished Business and NPC Project as well, but i still want mods like the one that disables the shit EE compantions, and some stuff like xp cap remover, that shit that reduces xp from cdtweaks and i forgot what else. Will that work with 2.6? Who knows.

I'm also STILL not exactly sure what they changed in 2.6. The change log is scanty as fuck, supposed they reworked a ton of stuff under the hood and that's just going to wreak havok with mods i would think. I also just found out they are planning a 2.7 lmao.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not concerned with existing playthroughs. As a rule i expect all mods in all games to break existing playthroughs, so if i'm modding a game i always do it when i'm starting a new game from scratch.

I think we're misunderstanding each other. I also ever only install mods before starting a new playthrough. I assumed your problem was that you'd done this, and THEN a Beamdog update broke your game mid-playthrough. That's what I'm talking about. Beamdog's updates *will* break mods in existing installs.

You should be able to install things on top of any update fine, unless something very specific happened (you could always check the SCS forums on G3 to check).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho no, my playthrough was done already.

What i was talking about was the update messing with mods even on a fresh playthrough.

For that matter, it even broke the base games since none of them started for me until i manually put the openal.dll in the root. I guess the swtitch to 64bit messed something with that.

chuft

Augur
Does original BG2 still work or are you forced to buy the EE?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom