Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden 2 Kickstarter Launched

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Yeah. We actually have the ability to port it to the Vita, which we were thinking about. The game already has controller support, one of the programmers plugged in 6 different controllers yesterday and they all worked. The problem is that this game has so many controls, I just don't know if controllers have enough buttons for all of them. We're going to have to streamline controls because right now it almost feels like a roguelike.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah. We actually have the ability to port it to the Vita, which we were thinking about. The game already has controller support, one of the programmers plugged in 6 different controllers yesterday and they all worked. The problem is that this game has so many controls, I just don't know if controllers have enough buttons for all of them. We're going to have to streamline controls because right now it almost feels like a roguelike.
We're going to have to streamline controls because right now it almost feels like a roguelike.
have to streamline controls because right now it
streamline
Ban cboyardee. :P

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think I'd rather play a topdown ARPG with a controller, although I don't mind mouse and keyboard. Why would a game like this require the use of 20 buttons anyway?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I think I'd rather play a topdown ARPG with a controller, although I don't mind mouse and keyboard. Why would a game like this require the use of 20 buttons anyway?
Ahaha, we have so many buttons for combat. Shoot, sprint/strafe, use class ability, use accessory, use items (we could probably put those three together and make a quick menu), equip/remove gun, switch gun, access menu. It's nuts. When I say streamline, I mean reducing the clutter, sort of like what Dwarf Fortress needs to do.

PS

Wyrmlord thanks for getting us on the Hindustan Times. Think you've got a spare million or two you could loan us?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Looks like it is an Associated Foreign Press story, not a Hindustan Times story.

Still, that newspaper publicity is easily another thousand dollars raised.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Stretch goals and new pledge tiers: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...equel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/359600 , one of the new tiers being:
"$1200 Reward - Create a unique, in-game encounter with Tales of Game's + previous rewards
Very special opportunity to work alongside Tales of Game's in creating 5 special encounters for X114JAM9 and his team. You design your own game encounter, be it a boss fight, a special puzzle, or interesting mini-game. We’ll bring your ideas to life in glorious sprite-based vidcon action."

Summoning Dark Underlord

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
$73,000 - MINOR GOAL - We will wear pants during office hours
Removed pledge
Don't be silly, they would probably wear one of these anyway:
f88f_1-2.jpg

Stabwound

Arcane
I noticed that the kickstarter video uses some of the song cboyardee submitted to the Shadowrun team and was apparently rejected. :smug:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I noticed that the kickstarter video uses some of the song cboyardee submitted to the Shadowrun team and was apparently rejected. :smug:

- cboyardee : Shaqdowrun, I give you my awesome songs 1!!
- shadowrun : LOL no thanks.
- cboyardee : Fuck those losers. If they can't slam with the best, they'll just have to jam with the rest.

:yeah:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I actually never submitted it, I was too nervous but a lot of people have actually emailed us about doing sound and voice acting stuff and now that I'm in the same position the Shadowrun dudes were in, I'm kind of glad I didn't send it.

This is all so surreal, I cannot believe how quickly this is moving or how generous people have been. It probably doesn't sound like much, but the people here are responsible for more than 1% of our total pledges, almost $1000, and that's huge to me, so thank you all. You guys are the best.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I initially emailed Jason Schreier at Kotaku for advice, not even for an interview or anything. He's a guy I knew was a fan of the original and he's really into RPGs. He immediately offered an interview and made an announcement on Kotaku that we'd be running a Kickstarter soon. After that, a lot of people came to us, but we also sent a few emails out too. We've done three interviews so far, with Kotaku, the Verge, and with CrookedB here at RPGCodex, but we've got a lot more lined up.

tiagocc0 asked me to write up some Kickstarter advice for him and I'm still in the process of doing that (also keep in mind we're still only on day 3), but I'm going to post it for everyone because I've learned a lot and I think I can probably help out anyone who's thinking of launching their own.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It probably doesn't sound like much, but the people here are responsible for more than 1% of our total pledges, almost $1000, and that's huge to me, so thank you all. You guys are the best.
How can you tell?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom