Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
who the FUCK takes caravan missions unless you are like trademaxing

Tigranes

Arcane
My Lone Wolf run has gotten off the ground. It was great how it did require different tactics and calculations for the early game - e.g. how to set up for your LW to get a couple of early kills to try and frighten them before they surround you.

Due to map shenanigans I also ended up having zero archers until quite a while later, meaning trying to fight people at night.

Now I've given my lone wolf lone wolf so that he can lone wolf it out there

Murk

Arcane
Take underdog too if you want to go the "horde breaker" route and it's p. gud.

My strategy for anything that isn't undead is basically cause enough morale damage that they start to flee, giving free hits and causing more morale loss.

One thing that seems different than pre-North DLC is that enemy archers seem less likely to run away when their melee buddies are wiped out. Had a few fights where I spent 5-8 turns chasing an archer down until the AI failed to move far enough, letting me get next to them.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

My strategy for anything that isn't undead is basically cause enough morale damage that they start to flee, giving free hits and causing more morale loss.

One thing that seems different than pre-North DLC is that enemy archers seem less likely to run away when their melee buddies are wiped out. Had a few fights where I spent 5-8 turns chasing an archer down until the AI failed to move far enough, letting me get next to them.

Use dogs?

Murk

Arcane

Use dogs?

You can, but using only one character I tend to prioritize a trinket to protect against stun or fear depending on what I'm fighting. The point isn't that it's an issue tbh since it's just a few mouse clicks to deal with, but that the AI behavior is different. I've also noticed that enemies are far more likely to try to leave my AoO-zone as well, though I'm not sure if this is because I'm only using one character or if it is an AI change.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Day 60 and my peasant horde already met first mixed undead gang. I think i know what crisis it is.
Btw it means i'm ancient king, not some peasant.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Some 'Lone Wolfs' with 'Iron Lungs' seeds, if you're interested:

ZCSSJBLMYL (ATT: 65, DEF: 5, FAT: 120, RES: 51) + 'Strong'

ZOUIUDHPBX (ATT: 65, DEF: 10, FAT: 109, RES: 50) + 'Sure Footing'

FFMLBDYTXQ (ATT: 58, DEF: 4, FAT: 109, RES: 57) + 'Drunkard'

BREAKFAST (ATT: 60, DEF: 6, FAT: 107, RES: 54) + 'Tough'

CDGZZRZZNY (ATT: 67, DEF: 8, FAT: 107, RES: 54)

UDECKBAEAP (ATT: 66, DEF: 8, FAT: 108, RES: 54)

DGVAEHLPPB (ATT: 67, DEF: 6, FAT: 110, RES: 51) + 'Lucky'

GQCJFGSARM (ATT: 65, DEF: 13, FAT: 107, RES: 49) + 'Sure Footed'

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Couldn't wait any longer and started my barbarian expert run.

The beginning is tough, everyone wants a piece of me ...

But nice barbarians bequeathed their weapons to me before departing for a better world.
Barbarians 2H hammer and mace are pretty good.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a mod to just remove alps, or maybe replace them with the old style? Currently stuck in a fight which I refuse to let go the way "ironman" by alt-f4:ing. These 3 fucking alps are ruining a great/entertaining run otherwise.

Edit:

Jesus Christ... can't even retreat. Because the fuckers move faster than me on the map. I retreat, lose a guy, thinking, oh well, now I can continue the campaign but then I see Alps coming for my soul again in full speed. I genuinely hate Alps. Could possible be the worst designed enemy in any turn-based game.

Edit 2:

Apparently the Alps don't produce any more shadows after the first batch... if you retreat that is. So, kill the first batch of shadows and then retreat. They will just stand there watching, letting you escape. Guess they show some mercy :)

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Day 60 and my peasant horde already met first mixed undead gang. I think i know what crisis it is.
Btw it means i'm ancient king, not some peasant.

Will your own men become mutineers upon learning of your Bourgeois origins? That'd be a great event to weather; they try to guillotine you and you have to talk your way out of it or risk making an example and executing some of your own troops.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Lone Wolf progress.

Orcs on day 2 !? I ran away.
6A3B0A5B074B30DD2F8F40C0BF6EF8D40AD6D590

After 1 month :)
2EC4274A40DC31486685BF11F6C18A06F22F44A1

Noble house event !?
38D3C29F95C7493C08D3BA7C8E7778B321A414CD

Barbarian meeting.
97BE29D39F6CAD0BE89A8E5698E4AAB10FF8B7FA

Another quest. I chose option 2.
4A94818FAA914A0D778F73314B85F276FB2F00C1

With some luck (he missed twice) and 3 reloads. This guy was doing like 200 dmg per hit.
AE5AAC49E25C6AE38585E051597E3B0E734EAE8E

Barely won :(
6D03815EFFCEE1F48B4E3CE45A944AF9932B8647

Quest end.
BEEF09B1608BB1C690FAABB7976ACF65D6995E86

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I reached level 11 on my Lone Wolf, and I hired 3 bros, one of which I made into the standard bearer. Unlike my last run, I am paying more attention to resolve on new bros.

Are caravan missions inefficient? It seemed like a decent way to lure bandits/orcs.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i mean you can get randomly ambushed by like something that you wouldn't fight otherwise or you might end up not fighting at all

the variance is too high for my liking usually

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just got my second 3000 gold for delivering a noble prisoner back home after taking a caravan mission. Have sex.

Is there a mod to just remove alps, or maybe replace them with the old style? Currently stuck in a fight which I refuse to let go the way "ironman" by alt-f4:ing. These 3 fucking alps are ruining a great/entertaining run otherwise.
I gave up and savescummed to avoid my first battle with 3 alps earlier, yesterday I fought my first alps, 4 of them, and won. Levels around 5-6, 12 people in the group. Two dogs, also helped a lot.

Prime Junta

i mean you can get randomly ambushed by like something that you wouldn't fight otherwise or you might end up not fighting at all

the variance is too high for my liking usually

I play BB like I play roguelikes -- high risk/high reward in the early game when I'm not yet invested in the run. If it starts looking like it's going places I get more careful. Caravan runs are very good for this.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually my personal experience is that more often than not, nothing happens during a caravan run. That combined with the payed food makes the whole deal quite profitable

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
On caravans contracts that reward additional gold for each enemy slain, I receive zero attacks. One flat rate caravan missions, I get hit back to back. For example, just last night, as soon as I started a caravan contract (3-5 seconds in), a group of 7 brigands and a subsequent group of 10 came out of the woods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom