Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

tindrli

Arcane
What's the deal with those gloving eyes?
its a cosmetic mod. if they glow a bro is in berserk mode
Berserk-mode being part of yet another mod?
TC6K8Sl.png

tindrli

Arcane
i just bought a new bro. how to level ? i think he is ideal for nimble but i never used nimble. i need suggestion.
in 5 levels hes 91 in melee. how much should i go leveling melee? is it worth to level a ranged defense? what perks would you used to level it. damn never found nothing similar as this man
FmjVhVg.png

Tigranes

Arcane
Jesus christ how many bros do you need for a threesome

Dude traits aren't great but I like the star distribution. If it were me I'd stay low/medium armour and double up on Brawny and Nimble rather than going full nakedbro, and I think a lot of the perk discussion around Viper last couple pages would apply. But I am by no means A-level bro munchkin.

I do remember hiring swordmasters then going naked fencingbro for the theme, but it seemed to me that there are more useful weapon categories (two-handers) and that full naked will inevitably get him killed after an unlucky wound.

Murk

Arcane
I usually go light-to-mid armor on my nimble bros anyway (noble mail + sallet if no uniques; the new southern armors are good for this too, or the basic mail shirt). This way you're at like 50% damage reduction but still have some armor to soak up initial hits. The assassin robes are nice too.

If you do go nimble, get him some HP too, and fatigue depending on what weapon build you go for.

For weapons I prefer axes, cleavers, or warhammers over swords unless you specifically want to make him a riposte character. Daggers help too, too bad the new (strong) qatal dagger doesn't have armor bypassing.

I almost always prefer to go nimble now unless I get very lucky with a hedgeknight or unique armor that's too good to pass up.

Parabalus

Arcane
What, in fact, would be the KODEX KONSENSUS on best Viper build?

Dodge Berserk, Nimble, Dagger Mastery are surely a given, but I've been experimenting for the rest. With the current run, mr Viper is levelling up both melee and ranged defence every level for some serious Matrix dodging, and hell, I'm even thinking about Lone Wolf and Footwork so he runs bravely through enemy lines for that necromancer.

Also is every single map going to have the 3 Southern cities really far apart, or what

I use the Lion as a dagger dude instead. Given Viper's high initiative and his unique trait I prefer to use him as 2h with the swordlance, which utilizes the incredible Reap-ability. Traits in my current build; Colossus, Executioner, Dodge, Polearm mastery, Nimble, Berserk, Killing Frenzy, Pathfinder, Relentless and Recover. In that order, mostly. Pumping melee attack and initiative primarily, third level alternating between fatigue and hit points (mostly hit points). He's easily the company's most deadly bro.

Gotta second this, the Viper is much better with swordlance.

You get 3x easy 3-hit attacks + repositioning, and since it's backlineish you can skimp on the defs.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
i just bought a new bro. how to level ? i think he is ideal for nimble but i never used nimble. i need suggestion.
in 5 levels hes 91 in melee. how much should i go leveling melee? is it worth to level a ranged defense? what perks would you used to level it. damn never found nothing similar as this man
FmjVhVg.png

I'd level ranged and make him a backliner. He has too low fatigue/hp/initiative to be frontliner, aoe two hander or duelist. Put quick hands on him and pick polearm mastery and throwing weapons.

Pick nimble and brawny maybe for a little additional fatigue with slightly better armor.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
FmjVhVg.png

I'd level ranged and make him a backliner. He has too low fatigue/hp/initiative to be frontliner, aoe two hander or duelist. Put quick hands on him and pick polearm mastery and throwing weapons.

Pick nimble and brawny maybe for a little additional fatigue with slightly better armor.
And who is he going to hit with his throwing weapons, having a whopping 29 Ranged ATT rating?

That'll still be only one good attack with his polearm - if you want that, you can also just give him a 2H weapon and as much armor as he can carry while still having some fatigue. AOEs are rarely worth it.You can save the Berserk perk then. I don't like Swordmasters anyway, maybe for tanks who just stand somewhere, because they can start with up to 20 MDef and tanks have some perks to spare to buff his weak HP.

Nimble with HP that low should be out of the question, however.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron

You want him to take his swordmaster with 29ra and no stars and have him throw shit?

You can either do the standard nimble duelist build which won't be as effective as a tin man two hander but can still do a lot of damage. Just be mentally prepared for him to get his head caved in sooner or later. Or just give him a polearm, ideally a warscythe. Consider executioner instead of berserk+frenzy since he has very little fatigue to work with even with minimal armor.

jungl

Augur
adrenaline perk is a must on your heavy 2 handed guys late game very few enemies have it. When fighting stuff like executioners or just guys with shields you want to kill before they start shield walling. With unique weapon and perk can usually have enough fatigue for them to adrenaline and attack every turn. Otherwise they are really shit going last in their turn.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
FmjVhVg.png

And who is he going to hit with his throwing weapons, having a whopping 29 Ranged ATT rating?

That'll still be only one good attack with his polearm - if you want that, you can also just give him a 2H weapon and as much armor as he can carry while still having some fatigue. AOEs are rarely worth it.You can save the Berserk perk then. I don't like Swordmasters anyway, maybe for tanks who just stand somewhere, because they can start with up to 20 MDef and tanks have some perks to spare to buff his weak HP.

He has 81 fatigue almost naked, if you put heavy armor and shield on him he'll be like ephialtes on 300 movie, won't be even able to lift his shield. With that low hp and not even that high melee defense he's gonna die for peasants with spears with 2 hits. On backline atleast he has higher survivability and can help other bros by throwing nets and bombs at enemy.

That's one case of a bro with lots of stars but shitty distribution and starting stats.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
you fucking people

that's a perfectly serviceable nimble relentless duelist dodgebro, just dress him up in necromancer gear because he belongs in a cemetery

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
FmjVhVg.png

He has 81 fatigue almost naked, if you put heavy armor and shield on him he'll be like ephialtes on 300 movie, won't be even able to lift his shield. With that low hp and not even that high melee defense he's gonna die for peasants with spears with 2 hits. On backline atleast he has higher survivability and can help other bros by throwing nets and bombs at enemy.

That's one case of a bro with lots of stars but shitty distribution and starting stats.
This one wouldn't be a tank. I never said that - ( though he wouldn't be a terrible one either) He would have enough fatigue for one attack each round. With 43 MDef he won't get hit very often. So you put him somewhere in the frontline to do his thing.

And a 'Tank' swordmaster with around 20 Startind MDef and a couple of stars wouldn't need to shieldwall, just having a shield will be enough for 75 Mdef. And he would have room for some safety perks as well.

Of course, you wanted to make him a thrower with 29 Ratt, so...

Jrpgfan

Erudite
you fucking people

that's a perfectly serviceable nimble relentless duelist dodgebro, just dress him up in necromancer gear because he belongs in a cemetery

How come he's a dodge bro with 86 initiative naked at lvl 5 and no stars.

edit. nevermind. You were being ironic lol

FmjVhVg.png

This one wouldn't be a tank. I never said that - ( though he wouldn't be a terrible one either) He would have enough fatigue for one attack each round. With 43 MDef he won't get hit very often. So you put him somewhere in the frontline to do his thing.

And a 'Tank' swordmaster with around 20 Startind MDef and a couple of stars wouldn't need to shieldwall, just having a shield will be enough for 75 Mdef. And he would have room for some safety perks as well.

Of course, you wanted to make him a thrower with 29 Ratt, so...

He has 10 mdef at lvl 5. Unless he hasn't leveled up him yet, he won't survive long in the frontline. Also, it's a waste of that melee attack, which is the only thing he's got going for him. Just give him a polearm and atleast you'll have a reliable hitter from the backline that won't die to the first bandit thug that gets lucky.

Throwing weapon was for reducing fatigue cost from throwing nets and usables, not for throwing weapons, but he could choose whichever perk he wants instead, it's not like he'd be short on them anyway.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
you fucking people

How come he's a dodge bro with 86 initiative naked at lvl 5 and no stars.
1, not naked, 2, not levelled yet, 3, it's a joke, 4, it's funny because it's true

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Oh, ok. I didn't notice he hand't leveled up him yet. I thought it was only 1 level but it's actually 5 levels. That changes things I guess. Depending on the rolls, you could make him a 2hander or even a tank, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom