Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

oasis789

Arcane
Peasant horde can definitely give you scaling issues early game with your starting party outsizing your stats and gear but its a self-resolving problem since outscaled enemies will end up wiping out half your squad anyway, bringing you back down.

Old One

Arcane
I've become addicted to Band of Poachers. It's hard to give up faster movement on the map and better pre-battle scouting. Smaller inventory becomes negligible as soon as you buy a wagon upgrade.

agris

Arcane
Patron

rapsdjff do you see this? This is a great idea for an end-of-support patch, a final hurrah to the community around your game. Lock it behind completing the game once (with an easy ini flag to enable, for the power user), so that your vision of play remains intact for a players first complete game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Had a really silly battle against southerners. I was attacked by a 23 strong army, they had a mortar, several gunners, officers and gods know what more, so I was as good as dead. OR SO THEY THOUGHT anyway. What they didn't know was that I lured them into a trap. They didn't have to kill just me, they had to kill 16 serpents as well. So while they were battling me, the serpents came into their flank from the top, kidnapping man after man to quietly snack on them a bit above the fighting line. It was hilarious to see until the endless hunger of the serpents turned to me. I managed to fight them both off, but lost 4 men in the skirmish, 3 came back traumatized. Not that I blame them.

Brancaleone

Liturgist

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Bros share a good map seed plz
You know about the 'Seed Generator'? https://wlirareddit.github.io/bb_calculator/seed_search_gladiators.html (I'm apparently too dumb to create a proper link.)

My favourite is 'VczRNDxEaz'. It has good North - South connection and an Arena port.
Am I missing something, or it only works with five origins?
If you want to look for specific Bros, you only can do that with the five origins, yes.

But if you only care about the map and not the starting Bros, search for 'Map Criteria Only'. The map stays the same, regardless of origin.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Had a really silly battle against southerners. I was attacked by a 23 strong army, they had a mortar, several gunners, officers and gods know what more, so I was as good as dead. OR SO THEY THOUGHT anyway. What they didn't know was that I lured them into a trap. They didn't have to kill just me, they had to kill 16 serpents as well. So while they were battling me, the serpents came into their flank from the top, kidnapping man after man to quietly snack on them a bit above the fighting line. It was hilarious to see until the endless hunger of the serpents turned to me. I managed to fight them both off, but lost 4 men in the skirmish, 3 came back traumatized. Not that I blame them.

So, your clever plan misfired?
You forgot to equip your psi-amps to fight-off the snakemen serpents?

Most (if not every time) of the time, the extra assailants come from the north, so, depending on the battlefield, you could have just retreated (just 2 hexes back and 2 hexes south) for one turn and wait before acting on the second one before flanking them from the south and suffer no losses.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Most (if not every time) of the time, the extra assailants come from the north, so, depending on the battlefield, you could have just retreated (just 2 hexes back and 2 hexes south) for one turn and wait before acting on the second one before flanking them from the south and suffer no losses.

They did split off some of their men, and the biggest help was that they aimed the mortar at the snakes before targeting me, so I wouldn't say it misfired, it actually helped me, until I had to kill the snakes :)

tKeZfKE.jpg

Snakes coming for the rest of us.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Shieldbros everywhere...
Where are your DPS bros?

Sling... I would rather have an archer, 2 quick shots can wound enemies or easily kill unarmored ones and gimp enemies morale.
Or a crossbowman which can sometimes fire twice a turn with berserk.
Or even a gunner.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

They did split off some of their men, and the biggest help was that they aimed the mortar at the snakes before targeting me, so I wouldn't say it misfired, it actually helped me, until I had to kill the snakes :)

tKeZfKE.jpg

Snakes coming for the rest of us.

Considering how far you are gear-wise, is the decision to use shields a self-imposed restriction? Otherwise I heavily suggest some two-handers.

Sling... I would rather have an archer, 2 quick shots can wound enemies or easily kill unarmored ones and gimp enemies morale.
Or even a gunner.

tbh I much prefer thrower hybrids on the current patch. Even if I build an archer he'll typically have throwing as well

Darth Canoli

Arcane
tbh I much prefer thrower hybrids on the current patch. Even if I build an archer he'll typically have throwing as well

To be fair, i never played a specialized throwing build nor a remotely competitive one and barely touched the thing.

All i know is the ranged enemies i fear the most are Master Archers and crossbowmen, sling users can be dangerous on a crit but they're by far the less reliable, aside from the throwers.

I would probably have tried a good throwing build had i found some great named throwing weapons but i haven't.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Shieldbros everywhere...
Where are your DPS bros?

Or even a gunner.

I like shields, and I got one front-line two-hander, with a bunch of dudes that throw javelins and use 2tile-reach weapons. And the sling-guy is just a personal meme thing, he have used that thing since the beginning but I'm really I'm starting to like it. He does some serious damage to people without helmets, and a hit usually has a stun effect too.

I don't really meta in any game, so I don't follow the best optimized killing scheme.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I like shields, and I got one front-line two-hander, with a bunch of dudes that throw javelins and use 2tile-reach weapons. And the sling-guy is just a personal meme thing, he have used that thing since the beginning but I'm really I'm starting to like it. He does some serious damage to people without helmets, and a hit usually has a stun effect too.

I don't really meta in any game, so I don't follow the best optimized killing scheme.

The more damage you can ditch, the less you take in return, i just can't play a defensive party in BB, the more the combat drag, the more the RNG is likely to fuck you up.
Also, there's a shitload of combat and heavy offense makes them shorter.

And i don't meta either, after playing BB (Legends in my case) a couple of times, you know how things work.
But don't worry about it, it was just my two cents.

It's also fun (even if slower than regular 2 sides battles) to join ongoing battles.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I had decided to start over last Friday. Now that I know a bit more about the game I wanted to do things a bit differently. Also with more knowledge I now realize how important map seeds are and my first one was pretty awful. Hardly any big cities and every place rolled poorly for buildings, i.e there were hardly any. Even the southern states were quite empty. Tbh this is one thing I definitely do not like in the game. I wish it had the option to se some parameters for frequency of things to pop up in the world. Instead I found a fun seed now and it's unlikely I'll play on anything else.

Anyway, this time I took the Perk that gives you more XP and Gifted for an instant level up and my start was a lot smoother. Colossus seemed like a really good choice when I started as a newbie which is why I gave it to everyone, but I came to realize that it's almost a trap choice as armor is where it's all at. I find that the early perks are somewhat situational and the stats you get from leveling up matter more, and having faster access to the mid tier perks is great since they are less situational. I don't see Gifted as a wasted perk since most of the guys you have at the start are going to get replaced by better ones anyway.

I have two guys throwing axes and spears and they're really beastly. I also have an archer but it feels like he misses most of the time (despite having the best ratkt) and when he doesn't it's not all that effective. Good for sniping enemy archers, but I think a Crossbowman would've served me better. Did some trading and got a massive amount of wealth pretty fast and was able to kit my ddues with decent 100 dura armor and helmets, which makes a big difference at making the early game less of a RNG fest.

I fought an Alp but didn't really like it. Feels like there's only one way you can reasonably expect to win this creature, which is to stun it with a mace. At the time I didn't have anyone with a mace. I think having pros and cons on weapons is good, but this kind of railroaded gimmicky enemy design where it at least feels impossible if you don't fight against the enemy the exact way the developer intended is not so great imo. Also fought some giant yeti/ogre guy who I liked a lot more. He was cool.

The music is pretty underrated. Overall I think it's a great soundtrack, especially the world and battle themes of the south.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I fought an Alp but didn't really like it. Feels like there's only one way you can reasonably expect to win this creature, which is to stun it with a mace. At the time I didn't have anyone with a mace.

Or you just one-shot him with a two-handed bro...

Anyway, this time I took the Perk that gives you more XP and Gifted for an instant level up and my start was a lot smoother. Colossus seemed like a really good choice when I started as a newbie which is why I gave it to everyone, but I came to realize that it's almost a trap choice as armor is where it's all at. I find that the early perks are somewhat situational and the stats you get from leveling up matter more, and having faster access to the mid tier perks is great since they are less situational. I don't see Gifted as a wasted perk since most of the guys you have at the start are going to get replaced by better ones anyway.

There's the exceptional bros, you don't want to mess with their build, every perk count and there's the bad and average ones who will die to protect the formers, theirs builds have to be efficient right away and it doesn't matter if it's not optimized for the end game nor for mid-game for that matter.

By the way, there's a war out there, pretty much like Gothic old camp versus new camp, it's nimble bros vs armored bros.

And of course nimble berserkers with two-handed weapons are the best.

I have two guys throwing axes and spears and they're really beastly. I also have an archer but it feels like he misses most of the time (despite having the best ratkt) and when he doesn't it's not all that effective. Good for sniping enemy archers, but I think a Crossbowman would've served me better

Don't give a bow to new recruit, don't give a bow to an average recruit either.
The way of the bow is the way of excellency, only the best make good archers and they're a lethal weapon capable of killing a unhold by themselves, they're orc berserkers nemesis, direwolves and hexens will run away when they spot them from afar.
First, you give them an arbalest and when they get 75+ ratk and bow mastery, they're ready to be apprentice archers.
When they reach 90-100+ they'll crush your enemies, see them driven before you and you'll hear the lamentations of their women...

Barbarian

Arcane
Can't deny this game has staying power. Every couple of months I keep getting back to it.

Itt, thematically I have decided Northern Raiders to be the best origin. Love that Bob Howard esque start. Just wish it had more events.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Can't deny this game has staying power. Every couple of months I keep getting back to it.

Itt, thematically I have decided Northern Raiders to be the best origin. Love that Bob Howard esque start. Just wish it had more events.

Not to mention every new DLC, you can't help it and buy it to play another 300h.

Shaki

Arbiter

Not to mention every new DLC, you can't help it and buy it to play another 300h.

Same on every new release of Legends mod

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I always get back to it because, well, WHAT IF I will used my two-handed cleaver instead ofregular zweihander? Or Flail headhunter duelist? Or go full choppa? Or have berserker with orc two-handed axe?

Old One

Arcane
I've been playing this on and off all summer. I'm impressed that it remains interesting even after you progress to the late game. Not many games can pull that off.

Starting out is still the most fun though.

Barbarian

Arcane
New game in the works. They are looking for 3d artists so whatever is coming will be 3d.

Personally I think they should do a sequel. It would be dumb not to do so, being that this was a hit.

Beowulf

Arcane
New game in the works. They are looking for 3d artists so whatever is coming will be 3d.

Personally I think they should do a sequel. It would be dumb not to do so, being that this was a hit.

What an amateurish business approach.
It's obvious that instead of 3d artists they should look for leg artists.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

What an amateurish business approach.
It's obvious that instead of 3d artists they should look for leg artists.
They might've blown most of the next game's budget on Can-can.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom