Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Infinitron is spot on. Hopefully they leave IWD:EE as is, because if they do update it, IWD:EE will possibly be getting the awful UI update from SoD. No fucking thanks!

IWD is the first time everybody thought they'd done a good job with how the UI looks, so i don't see them drastically changing it.

hexer

WTF?!
"changes curated by MCA"
So they did change more than they say?

I doubt they asked him if they can add support for 4K resolution!

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
IWD is the first time everybody thought they'd done a good job with how the UI looks, so i don't see them drastically changing it.

Hope so, because the IWD:EE UI is more or less the same as the previous BG:EE and BG2:EE UIs, which were both changed to the SoD UI.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But Black Isle doesn't even exist anymore and it went away with a sour aftertaste, you should ask Feargus Urquhart for his permission to use Black Isle's logo and I think he'd be rather reluctant to give it

I dunno, mate, I could see Fargo leasing the Black Isle logo for a few dollars more...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
TBH, the IE++ 2.0 UI has some cool features, like zooming out from the game to the map screen. The black outlines can be disabled.

But Black Isle doesn't even exist anymore and it went away with a sour aftertaste, you should ask Feargus Urquhart for his permission to use Black Isle's logo and I think he'd be rather reluctant to give it

I dunno, mate, I could see Fargo leasing the Black Isle logo for a few dollars more...

Huh? They don't own it. Herve does.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is it with BeamDog and the fucking black outlines? Is nothing sacred!? :argh:
1m8jcp.jpg

Sykar

Arcane

By that retarded logic if someone would make a remastered version of let us say the two three peat runs of the Chicago Bulls, with tiny improvements to audio and video quality from the 90s, but they do not exist anymore in let us say 50 years it would be fine to replace all the Chicago Bulls logos with whatever the current team logo of Chicago would be.

:deathclaw:

Sykar

Arcane
By that retarded logic if someone would make a remastered version of let us say the two three peat runs of the Chicago Bulls, with tiny improvements to audio and video quality from the 90s, but they do not exist anymore in let us say 50 years it would be fine to replace all the Chicago Bulls logos with whatever the current team logo of Chicago would be.

the person in charge of the Chicago Bulls logo has to give their consent for the logo to be used, otherwise it's intellectual property infringement

whether or not Beamdog contacted the people now in charge of Black Isle's logo (according to Infinitron, that'd be Herve Caen) is a different matter

:nocountryforshitposters:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

Do not worry about those outlines like mentioned before it can be disabled in the game options just in case you need verification I can verify it works like this in the BG:EE series so probably the same for this new game okay?

I think the double coloured circles was done for tablet or maybe even telephone screens so the player could know easier what party member was selected but it can be disabled for the old school green circles too if you want but I like the different colours myself so leave them like that.

Pillars with the expansions was a lot for me but really worth it and I got NWN for free but since this is an improved version of an old game like BG:EE series and if no new story content or characters are being added could it sell for $13.99 or less? Maybe I will follow a LP and see it first before deciding if it is too much on release but on my to play list so you can follow my gaming progress just like I did for Pillars and NWN when I start playing PT:EE.

Thanks,
Sherry

T. Reich

Arcane
Hiring a Scot to voice someone with an explicitly Irish accent. :hmmm:

^^^ Here's a person who never talked to an actual person from Ireland. Of all the Irish accents out there (the Kerrymen take the cake), Annah sounds nothing like an Irish person.

Hers is a pretty much a Scottish accent.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
UI looks pretty, zoom in/out feature, can toggle black outlines on/off. Basically Baldur's Gate EE,

Day 1 torrent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom