Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by TT1, Mar 24, 2017.

1. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    ^^^ Here's a person who never talked to an actual person from Ireland. Of all the Irish accents out there (the Kerrymen take the cake), Annah sounds nothing like an Irish person.

Hers is a pretty much a Scottish accent.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Sorry to inform you but your Shield tablet does not support 4K
    :martini:

^ Top  
  3. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    The Transgenderent One

• Funny Funny x 4
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    UI looks pretty, zoom in/out feature, can toggle black outlines on/off. Basically Baldur's Gate EE,

Day 1 torrent.

• retadred retadred x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
    • Shit Shit x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. MuscleSpark Augur Patron

MuscleSpark
    • Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    So they should have done that since it is a firm that made the game. Not Hasbro, not WotC but Black Isle. And Beamdog are only modders so their logo shouldn't even be shown every time I run a game. And in the first place, how come were they allowed to mod the game when Hasbro has only Planescape rights but code and everything in the game belongs to Black Isle (Interplay)?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    I'll go ahead and say that, however, I seriously hope that cannon video is not representative of the end product. They should leave the original or remake it from the ground up.

^ Top  
  8. trientic Novice

trientic
    They probably just edited screen ratio and added some filter. Speaking of it, what did the videos in previous Enhanced Editions look like?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Well I appreciate the fact that you are subscribed to begin with. :) Thanks!

I'm not really the one to go to for day one videos, though. My stuff is mostly just boring Let's Plays that were recorded in advance. But maybe a PST:EE in 4K Let's Play could be started when the game comes out, who knows.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt
    Don't want to derail the discussion away from the majestic PST:EE, but for those talking about the deals etc this is worth reading (on the development of BG:EE)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/190432/postmortem_overhaul_games_.php

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Sherry Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Sherry
    Hi!

Going to stalk you okay because if the price is too high for me right now at least I can watch a LP and then when you announce the first episode here I won't miss it. :hug: Gosh at least I have NWN to play and the Darkness Over Daggerford adventure to wrap up plus some other ones someone mentioned Swordfight and a Prophet series from what I have written down but I will still follow PT:EE discussions. *fingers crossed it is not a lot*

Thanks,
    Sherry

• Friendly x 4
    • When words are not enough x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    Complete makeover, but they look like absolute shit. And not in a "hurr durr is enhanced so it sucks" Codex mentality, but rather, in a "it sucks because it looks like shit" sense. They went for the "stylized" look, and they failed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Still waiting for somebody to tell me what they did with the prerendered cutscenes in IWD:EE (I'm guessing nothing)

^ Top  
  14. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    Speaking of which, how goes the Swordflight Let's Play?

^ Top  
  15. an Administrator Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
    hello

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    You misunderstood. The tablet itself is not 4k, what is the point of connecting a tablet to a TV to play games? You might as well use a PC that has a superior control scheme.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Hey, my first stalker. Well, my first stalker that made it known they were stalking me. Nice. :)

I think I had mentioned Swordflight to you in the NWN thread. It's a very good module so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

You wouldn't believe it, but I'm actually 60 episodes deep already. All recorded in advance! :) Not sure if this is the ideal format for my LPs going forward, but I'm experimenting a bit with that. Considering I haven't uploaded the first episode of it yet (I have other LPs going on my channel currently), it leads to a...well...interesting situation. :)

As for the game itself, I'm a few hours deep in Chapter 2. I like that the game opened up a bit once you get to the city. I was afraid with how the game started at the Shifting Sands Inn that it would be more condensed than it actually is. Enjoying the high combat challenge a lot, and character development is as fun as ever. Things like potions and scrolls make an even larger difference than usual, the economy is pretty tight so far and the writing remains solid. Overall I am digging it.

Oh, and I think I clocked closer to 25-30 hours to finish Chapter 1 (which had an amazing dungeon crawl and fantastic ending, IMO.) I believe the expected playtime for Ch. 1 was 15 hours or so. 50 hours or so for Chapter 2. So, by this time next year I may be finished with the entire module. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    • incline incline x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. A tablet is a bit more portable than my gaming PC. :) And when it's in Console Mode connected to a TV you use a controller anyway. I'm waiting for the Steam Controller to get proper Android support. Since I've been using the Steam Controller recently, I actually now consider it a superior control scheme to my keyboard and mouse. I'm playing NWN entirely with the controller, pretty much, and enjoying it a lot.

• decline decline x 5
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Black Arcane

Black
    Too sober?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    Jesus fucking christ. When are you uploading them, and how many times do you die in 60 eps?

• retadred retadred x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It looks like the countdown website is timezone-adjusted. Not sure what's up with the Australian Codexer who told me he had the same number of hours left as me.

So, five hours left until official reveal. Silly VentureBeat.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. I died approximately 842 times. :P Just kidding, but I died a ton. That is likely the reason the first chapter took me almost double the expected playtime to complete. For the record, I did not min/max and have forgotten how to play D&D, apparently. :) Just happy I was able to progress in the chapter without having to roll a new character.

Oh, and I am uploading them when the current LPs I'm doing are finished. I have Lords of Xulima Hardcore Ironman "Blind" + Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics "Blind" going right now, so it will probably be awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    • Shit Shit x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

Darth Slaughter
    Divinity: Original Sin
    the question that needs to be asked (dunno if already asked): "What can change the nature of a game?"

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Shit, mainstream media have noticed this trailer and there are more upvotes than downvotes under the movie now. :argh:

• incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.