Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Black Isle is dead, to use Black Isle's logo on a product you intend to sell for non-Monopoly $$$ you need to contact the guy who handles the logo or get fucked in court
So they should have done that since it is a firm that made the game. Not Hasbro, not WotC but Black Isle. And Beamdog are only modders so their logo shouldn't even be shown every time I run a game. And in the first place, how come were they allowed to mod the game when Hasbro has only Planescape rights but code and everything in the game belongs to Black Isle (Interplay)?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I'll go ahead and say that, however, I seriously hope that cannon video is not representative of the end product. They should leave the original or remake it from the ground up.

Deleted Member 16721

If I don't see a 4K video of PSTEE on Fluent's World on release day I'm unsubscribing.

Well I appreciate the fact that you are subscribed to begin with. :) Thanks!

I'm not really the one to go to for day one videos, though. My stuff is mostly just boring Let's Plays that were recorded in advance. But maybe a PST:EE in 4K Let's Play could be started when the game comes out, who knows.

Weasel
Don't want to derail the discussion away from the majestic PST:EE, but for those talking about the deals etc this is worth reading (on the development of BG:EE)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/190432/postmortem_overhaul_games_.php

an extract said:
The deal was a bear simply because of the number of parties involved: Atari, Hasbro, Wizards of the Coast, BioWare, EA and us (Beamdog). We managed to get the terms sorted quickly through great former relationships. It actually took longer for me to get through the wall at Atari and talk to the right people than it took to put the core deal together. I remember meeting the fellow who had shut me down for a few months at GDC once we had the deal underway. He offered, "You must hate me," when we met in person, to which I responded, "Not anymore."

I'm very happy to have had some great friends such as Richard Iwaniuk, Greg Zeschuk, and Ray Muzyka, who were exceptionally helpful in getting terms agreed to by the involved parties and signed off in a reasonable timeline. Richard was able to line up the key people on that end and quarterback the requirements. Derek French was also a great asset at BioWare, as he assisted us in our spelunking for code and art assets throughout the course of the development. (Key lesson here is without someone on the ground running a contract in each group, it just doesn't happen.)

Sherry

Arcane
If I don't see a 4K video of PSTEE on Fluent's World on release day I'm unsubscribing.

Well I appreciate the fact that you are subscribed to begin with. :) Thanks!

I'm not really the one to go to for day one videos, though. My stuff is mostly just boring Let's Plays that were recorded in advance. But maybe a PST:EE in 4K Let's Play could be started when the game comes out, who knows.

Hi!

Going to stalk you okay because if the price is too high for me right now at least I can watch a LP and then when you announce the first episode here I won't miss it. :hug: Gosh at least I have NWN to play and the Darkness Over Daggerford adventure to wrap up plus some other ones someone mentioned Swordfight and a Prophet series from what I have written down but I will still follow PT:EE discussions. *fingers crossed it is not a lot*

Thanks,
Sherry

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
They probably just edited screen ratio and added some filter. Speaking of it, what did the videos in previous Enhanced Editions look like?

Complete makeover, but they look like absolute shit. And not in a "hurr durr is enhanced so it sucks" Codex mentality, but rather, in a "it sucks because it looks like shit" sense. They went for the "stylized" look, and they failed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still waiting for somebody to tell me what they did with the prerendered cutscenes in IWD:EE (I'm guessing nothing)

ArchAngel

Arcane

Deleted Member 16721

Hi!

Going to stalk you okay because if the price is too high for me right now at least I can watch a LP and then when you announce the first episode here I won't miss it. :hug: Gosh at least I have NWN to play and the Darkness Over Daggerford adventure to wrap up plus some other ones someone mentioned Swordfight and a Prophet series from what I have written down but I will still follow PT:EE discussions. *fingers crossed it is not a lot*

Thanks,
Sherry

Hey, my first stalker. Well, my first stalker that made it known they were stalking me. Nice. :)

I think I had mentioned Swordflight to you in the NWN thread. It's a very good module so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Speaking of which, how goes the Swordflight Let's Play?

You wouldn't believe it, but I'm actually 60 episodes deep already. All recorded in advance! :) Not sure if this is the ideal format for my LPs going forward, but I'm experimenting a bit with that. Considering I haven't uploaded the first episode of it yet (I have other LPs going on my channel currently), it leads to a...well...interesting situation. :)

As for the game itself, I'm a few hours deep in Chapter 2. I like that the game opened up a bit once you get to the city. I was afraid with how the game started at the Shifting Sands Inn that it would be more condensed than it actually is. Enjoying the high combat challenge a lot, and character development is as fun as ever. Things like potions and scrolls make an even larger difference than usual, the economy is pretty tight so far and the writing remains solid. Overall I am digging it.

Oh, and I think I clocked closer to 25-30 hours to finish Chapter 1 (which had an amazing dungeon crawl and fantastic ending, IMO.) I believe the expected playtime for Ch. 1 was 15 hours or so. 50 hours or so for Chapter 2. So, by this time next year I may be finished with the entire module. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

You misunderstood. The tablet itself is not 4k, what is the point of connecting a tablet to a TV to play games? You might as well use a PC that has a superior control scheme.

A tablet is a bit more portable than my gaming PC. :) And when it's in Console Mode connected to a TV you use a controller anyway. I'm waiting for the Steam Controller to get proper Android support. Since I've been using the Steam Controller recently, I actually now consider it a superior control scheme to my keyboard and mouse. I'm playing NWN entirely with the controller, pretty much, and enjoying it a lot.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks like the countdown website is timezone-adjusted. Not sure what's up with the Australian Codexer who told me he had the same number of hours left as me.

So, five hours left until official reveal. Silly VentureBeat.

Deleted Member 16721

Jesus fucking christ. When are you uploading them, and how many times do you die in 60 eps?

I died approximately 842 times. :P Just kidding, but I died a ton. That is likely the reason the first chapter took me almost double the expected playtime to complete. For the record, I did not min/max and have forgotten how to play D&D, apparently. :) Just happy I was able to progress in the chapter without having to roll a new character.

Oh, and I am uploading them when the current LPs I'm doing are finished. I have Lords of Xulima Hardcore Ironman "Blind" + Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics "Blind" going right now, so it will probably be awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

agris

Arcane
Patron
also lol @ upscaled character sprites with black outlines (they look like shit)

How can they look so bad? They look like a blurry mess compared to the original. Also: anyone else notice the extreme map pixelation in the forge map? I wonder how they're scaling the game's resolution, the widescreen mod didn't do any of that, it just increased the viewport size.

agris

Arcane
Patron
TBH, the IE++ 2.0 UI has some cool features, like zooming out from the game to the map screen. The black outlines can be disabled.
The new map system is a regression, not a feature. What's better about it, or are you just taken by the zoom-out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom