Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Deleted Member 16721

Wait so fluent plays the EE shit on a tablet? Man, how can one tard be so full of decline?

I play them on PC and tablet. Variety is the spice of life.

Beamdog added multiplatform multiplayer support which means you can not only play online with other players, you can play on different devices. I co-oped IWD:EE recently on tablets. BG:EE I played on PC. I plan on co-oping the entire Baldur's Gate series including Siege of Dragonspear with myself on PC with someone else on an Android tablet as soon as Siege of Dragonspear gets a proper Android release.

Not sure how any of that is decline when the Shield tablet is not only a gorgeous device to use but the touchscreen controls are immaculate. If you would stop hating for a second and try the touchscreen version of the EEs you may be surprised. The controls feel as though the game was designed for touchscreens from the beginning.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That's because they never got around to updating IWD:EE with the new "IE++ 2.0" engine they developed for Dragonspear.

No citation handy, but I read they're gonna upgrade the IWD:EE and BG2:EE UIs after their next project, which would be this one.

Deleted Member 16721

And the Android versions will be upgraded to the newest version once Dragonspear gets an Android release, according to the fellow from Beamdog support I was chatting with.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Three screengrabs from the 1080p release trailer.

WmJOcNI.jpg

D8twGvh.jpg

wjoiZ0W.jpg

That's not what I call enhancement. This is enhancement.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Three screengrabs from the 1080p release trailer.

WmJOcNI.jpg

D8twGvh.jpg

wjoiZ0W.jpg

That's not what I call enhancement. This is enhancement.

Is it just me or does that footage look worse than just playing the regular game with the high resolution mod installed?

Like not even just the characters, but the pre-rendered backdrops look like they have had their dimensions scaled incorrectly.

Deleted member 7219

Watched the trailer. Now listening to the soundtrack again. That's one positive thing that's come out of it.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
So the countdown is for the actual release, right?
There's no way they'd tease something so badly, completely spoiling it, releasing the launch trailer, having worked on it for a year, and then have the countdown just be an announcement that they're working on it and the release date, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the countdown is for the actual release, right?
There's no way they'd tease something so badly, completely spoiling it, releasing the launch trailer, having worked on it for a year, and then have the countdown just be an announcement that they're working on it and the release date, right?

I think if it was going to be released today, the accidental VentureBeat leak would have said so.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I would be interested to see what an 'enhanced' Curst looks like. Do we know what was originally intended? Also, the end-game castle is kinda dumb in a jrpg way, running around trying to avoid shadows. I guess some people liked it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom