Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For people asking what PST:EE offers over the original game + mods, see this section of the FAQ for more in-depth answers.

How is this worth $20? And why are these changes worthy of having a big Beamdog stamp to make it look like they developed the content? While at the same time banishing the original from shops?

This is mod stuff, not $20 worth of changes.

Deleted Member 16721

There's more than $20 worth of changes, IMO. Zooming in, highlight interactble objects button, changing text size, 4K and widescreen support and so on are more than enough reason for me to buy it. The new generation of players will also appreciate it when they don't have to scour the bowels of the internet to figure out how to mod the original version and why their game keeps crashing when they mess up some obscure mod setting. Been there, done that. So I'll pay $20 for a nice convenient version that also supports devs who are looking to breathe new life into classic CRPGs.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I made sure to grab the Planescape: Torment on GOG before they remove it and "upgrade" it, which I'll probably be distributing illegally, since it'll be impossible to get legitimately without supporting Beamdog and the EE soon. I haven't gotten it before, because I knew it was on GOG and I've actually got my original CD:s somewhere, and the original box.

:negative:

Good, maybe actually play the game you pretend to give a fuck about. Then you'll realise that the way they've approached this re-release, is the way anyone with a brain would want it done (using the original engine) - because it's a complete reversal to the way these guys have done every "Enhanced Edition" before this.

This is the same sort of garbage I see from codexers in the Dwarf Fortress thread wanting dumb tilesets and 3rd party management tools built into the game. I don't mind that stuff existing as third party free add-ons, but it should not replace the original as some sort of "definitive vision". Hell I'd even tolerate this release if they let the original non-Beamdog version be available as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's more than $20 worth of changes, IMO. Zooming in, highlight interactble objects button, changing text size, 4K and widescreen support and so on are more than enough reason for me to buy it. The new generation of players will also appreciate it when they don't have to scour the bowels of the internet to figure out how to mod the original version and why their game keeps crashing when they mess up some obscure mod setting. Been there, done that. So I'll pay $20 for a nice convenient version that also supports devs who are looking to breathe new life into classic CRPGs.
Ok, you just might be a moron. Highlighting objects will break quests as the game has been developed with no highlighting in mind - see stash quest in buried village. Changing text size, high resolution support, high res UI are already there in mods. So what, zoom? So you can switch between normal and pixelated as fuck? Because no upscaling of textures will happen.

And there is one mod pack you need to download that will install all the mods for you.

Edit: also mods will give you running (I.e. actually dangerous and not ones that you can run circles around) monsters.

Deleted Member 16721

If highlighting objects breaks one quest, I'm not worried. If that is in fact something to be concerned about for multiple quests or secret things, I will not use the feature.

I don't want to install mods, I don't want to dig into modding hell and I appreciate Beamdog and others who update these ancient games for doing the hard work for everybody. Once the mods are compatible with the EE version then I really see no good reason to struggle with the original other than purely history-related purposes.

Deleted Member 16721

Seriously, take a moment and remove the +5 Goggles of Blind Hate and look at the FAQ of the changes they made. Thousands of corrections and improvements from Chris Avellone? Searching the journal? Tooltips easier to read? Plenty of good stuff.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If highlighting objects breaks one quest, I'm not worried. If that is in fact something to be concerned about for multiple quests or secret things, I will not use the feature.

I don't want to install mods, I don't want to dig into modding hell and I appreciate Beamdog and others who update these ancient games for doing the hard work for everybody. Once the mods are compatible with the EE version then I really see no good reason to struggle with the original other than purely history-related purposes.
"Hard work".

You want Beamdog to come over to your house and install the game for you, too, maybe give you a blowjob while the setup is running?

We desperately need a "Confirmed retarded" flair, the "Possibly retarded" just doesn't cut it for you anymore.

Some tester is apparently posting stuff on /v/.

11tbshx.jpg

Lines. Why so many horizontal lines? My eyes, they are burning! OOooooo... :what:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So a shitty mod is worth $20, as much as some other games cost. Because a zoom feature is as much work as creating an entire game.
It's because of brain-dead sheeple like this that they can get away with this shit.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm more inteerested in who would be the lunatic that wouldn't want what you just described? :D

I want to stress that you're the one that wants to invite Beamdog, notorious rapists and degenerates, into your home, let them touch your hardware, and then have one of these illustrious people give you a blowjob:

Site-6-events-_-beamdog-edmonton-event-planner-3-794x436.jpg

And yet you call the rest of us lunatics.

I take it back. You're not just retarded. You're certifiably fucking brain damaged.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They look like nice people to me. :)
I know, that's the worst part, that you'd think that and say it with a straight face, even knowing who they are and what they're responsible for.
Is that their entire staff?
No, only the ones that they dared show on camera.
How is this worth $20?
Their hands-off approach to anything gameplay/story related this time around - leaving all that to an actual developer who worked on the original. Something completely unexpected considering how they've handled every other "Enhanced Edition".
So not ruining something as bad as they could've ruined it is somehow a laudable act that should be rewarded, now? Can I get a reward for every person I'm not murdering right now? When I shit in your mailbox, can I get a cashier's check for not also throwing up in it or trashing it with a bat? For every line of Twilight fanfic I'm not writing, can I get an unenthusiastic blowjob from Keira Knightley? I didn't ruin a single game on my way to work today, so by that logic, I should get millions more than Beamcuck.

I should set up a fucking Patreon for this. Every day I get paid 10k, I promise I won't do something awful.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't want to install mods, I don't want to dig into modding hell and I appreciate Beamdog and others who update these ancient games for doing the hard work for everybody.
Look... there is one fucking file you need to download. One. It's here. It has a nice graphical interface just for you and it does everything you'll ever need. Just click forward a couple of times. It can't be that hard, can it?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
You want Beamdog to come over to your house and install the game for you, too, maybe give you a blowjob while the setup is running?

Well hang on a minute now, is this actually on the table? Because these threads move fast. I'm asking for a friend.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't want to install mods, I don't want to dig into modding hell and I appreciate Beamdog and others who update these ancient games for doing the hard work for everybody.
Look... there is one fucking file you need to download. One. It's here. It has a nice graphical interface just for you and it does everything you'll ever need. Just click forward a couple of times. It can't be that hard, can it?
That thing has options. The Beamdog installer doesn't have options. This will be all too confusing for him.

Well hang on a minute now, is this actually on the table? Because these threads move fast. I'm asking for a friend.
Everything is on the table if you're brave enough.

hexer

Damn!

I realized only now TTO tells you he killed both Ravel AND Trias.
How the hell did I miss Trias kicking the bucket?!?
Maybe the substance abuse in my youth got a little out of hand...

Fucking sad now.. loved Trias!
RIP bro

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This thread is exploding in realtime.

When I got the email from GoG today, I noticed that one of the main features they announced was, that you can turn of all their "enhancements", even though they promised that this time, their additions will be good and MCA "curated".

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
That thing has options. The Beamdog installer doesn't have options. This will be all too confusing for him.
I understand that concern. Like I said, in case you're confused by options, just click forward and everything wil be all right. The installer has a safe set of mods preselected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom