Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Bundle Ever - KOTOR, SR: HK, Styx, AoD, and more

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/kingslayer-bundle

It's been hard to keep this collection secret, but now we can shout it from the rooftops... introducing the Kingslayer Bundle. Packed with 10 fantastic PC games for just $4.99, our latest 'Fanatical Exclusive' boasts an array of highly-rated titles from leading developers - you won't find another bundle like it this year!

Explore a galaxy far, far away with a trio of awesome STAR WARS titles. Become the Jedi's last hope or succumb to the dark side in Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, and discover the untold story of Darth Vader's powerful apprentice in single-player action STAR WARS - The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.

Experience the ultimate form of SNK PLAYMORE’s flagship 2D versus fighting title with THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION, run and gun your way through an absolute retro arcade classic with METAL SLUG X, and venture through a dystopian 'tech meets magic' future in the cyberpunk cRPG Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition.

Become a master Goblin assassin and infiltrate the perilous territory of the Dwarfs in stealth adventure Styx: Shards of Darkness, let your imagination run wild with the city-building delights of SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, and enter a harsh and unforgiving fantasy world filled with adventure and a compelling narrative in RPG The Age of Decadence.

If you're pining for a story-driven supernatural thriller, Oxenfree is the place to be. Recently voted 'Overwhelmingly Positive' by gamers on Steam, dive into a dark journey after an overnight island party goes terribly wrong - with multiple mysteries to solve and an intelligent conversation system that changes the story based on your decisions.

Did we mention that the Kingslayer Bundle is our best ever bundle? Don't miss out on this killer deal!

Plus - as part of your order, you will receive a coupon via email to get 15% off your next game from Fanatical. You will be able to use this until the 31st December at 11:59 PM. It cannot be used on bundles, pre-orders or Star Deals.

skycycle

Educated
AoD finally gets the bundle treatment, and it's a nice pack indeed. Fanatical have been upping their game in recent months, might grab a copy for gifts since I own most of the games already :)

passerby

Arcane
I can't understand why indie devs do bundles, especially with key resellers on the market. How much profit you'll make on a copy? 0,3$ ? For a tiny quick buck you are undercutting your future sales for years to come.
You can buy Avernum 2 key on G2A for 1$ two years after it was in HB. Could you explain me how is it worth it ?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Fanatical has far better bundles then Humble Bundle.

Themed ones, yes. I think most of them tend to be kinda all over the place and I tend to have at least half of the games included anyway. But this one is a steal considering AoD alone was going for 4,99€ recently during that Steam sale.

Turjan

Arcane
While it's a bundle of very good games, this means that I have pretty much everything I want and even some I don't want from that bundle. I looked, and I'm only "missing" Metal Slug X (well, not really).

Regarding AoD, I have it on GOG.

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
I always assumed the goal was to get more exposure, not to make money.

But the goal of exposure is to make money in the end, right ? I'm positive bundles generate way more lost sales than exposure is worth.
I could understand generic platformer, that no one remembers would have zero future sales potential. But a niche rpg like AoD has to still move some copies.
When Generation Ship RPG lands, new players could get interested in back catalog of the developer, but nope they'll already have AoD from a bundle.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I can't understand why indie devs do bundles, especially with key resellers on the market. How much profit you'll make on a copy? 0,3$ ? For a tiny quick buck you are undercutting your future sales for years to come.
First, it's not about the price per unit, it's about the number of units sold.

We released AoD 3 years ago. Our sales are dropping steadily, which is normal as new games get more exposure and attention, plus most people who really wanted the game bought it a long time ago. Now we barely sell anything at full price, so 95% of units are sold on sale and that number is dropping steadily too, so those "future sales for years to come" you speak of are sales at $2.99 (not now but down the road), which is probably closer to $1-1.5 once you adjust for regional prices and Steam's cut. So now the question is, do we want to sell 50,000 units at $0.3 or 3,000 units at $1-1.5?

Second, it's about awareness now, introducing AoD to a large group of people (who might buy Colony Ship on release) while making some money to spend on art assets.

When Generation Ship RPG lands, new players could get interested in back catalog of the developer, but nope they'll already have AoD from a bundle.
Very few people buy games that are older than a year at full price, so either they buy it for a few bucks on Steam (of which we'll get a dollar) or they buy it for a few bucks in that bundle.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
All those bundles sold and so far only one review (negative one):

Worm

548 products in account
24 reviews

Not Recommended
0.2 hrs on record

POSTED: 6 DECEMBER
Barely could get through the tutorial. If you think the core problem with Fallout is that the combat needed to be more complex then you'll probably like it.

Edit:
This guy is an interesting fellow, most of his reviews are negative, e.g. he has over 160 h played in Skyrim but still he says that it's a decline over Daggerfall and he wrote about Dark Souls 2: "SO NICE YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO BUY IT TWICE!" and gave it a negative review.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
All those bundles sold and so far only one review (negative one):

Worm

548 products in account
24 reviews

Not Recommended
0.2 hrs on record

POSTED: 6 DECEMBER
Barely could get through the tutorial. If you think the core problem with Fallout is that the combat needed to be more complex then you'll probably like it.

Edit:
This guy is an interesting fellow, most of his reviews are negative, e.g. he has over 160 h played in Skyrim but still he says that it's a decline over Daggerfall and he wrote about Dark Souls 2: "SO NICE YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO BUY IT TWICE!" and gave it a negative review.

His user name suits him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom