Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best mods as Standalone Games of all time

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'd like us to make a list of all mods as standalone games and have a vote, sort of like Codex Top 101 RPGs.

What made me think of it is that I completely missed Thief: The Black Parade and Castlevania for Doom. I'm sure there's more that I missed and it scares me.

We should gather all info in a single place, vote, figure it out. Help appreciated.

a666e6b3eb9ce4d003ee80319d33a898.jpg

deama

Prophet
There's nehrim(oblivion) and enderal(skyrim).

There's also archolos(gothic 2).

There's a seperate thread for neverwinter nights, so I'll leave that one off.

I heard blue planet (free space 2) was good, voice acted, and a type of spiritual successor (sequel) to the original campaign.

There's a kotor/star-wars total conversion for morrowind, not sure how good it is, but I heard it's note worthy.

There's the ultima 4 or 5 remake for dungeon siege that I heard is good.

The "protectors" mod for warlords battlecry 3 is good, but not too sure if it's considered a total conversion, I always use it cause it makes it easier to play it. It does use the same overland map as the original, but it's got it's own custom campaign.

Modron

Arcane
Fallout 1.5 Resurrection
Fallout Nevada
Fallout Sonora
CoM: Archalos
Shit ton of civilization mods
Quite a few warband mods
Lots of half-life mods

Edit: I should include Hammer and Sickle.

430am

Educated
Speaking of, this presentation came out today, and they're aiming to release in April. Gonna have to see if it'll be good. It says the protag isn't voiced which is a good sign.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Archolos obviously and if it counts and as autistic as it might be, Stallker Gamma is the shit.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SEE THE DOOM MOD THREAD FUCKING LOADS OF GOOD MODS

BRO OP IF YOU WANT THIS FUCKING TOPIC THEN EDIT THE FIRST POST WITH GOOD MODS

THAN WE CAN STICKY IT OR OTHRLEWISE NO ONE CARES THEN SHIT POSTS DRAG A DECENT TOPIC TO OBLIVIOV

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Age of Wonders and HoMM 3 have lots of user-made maps that are far better than the scenarios shipped with the games, and which may take as long time as many standalone games.
The prime examples are Mirror of Galadriel for AoW and Unleashing the Bloodthirsty for HoMM 3.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
I'm not sure what you mean by 'mod as standalone game'.
Total conversions that still require the base game?

If so I want to throw Quake 3 defrag into the ring (still not sure if that counts, since it doesn't really modify much of the core gameplay, but completely focuses on one of its core gameplay mechanics — movement — instead; which does transform it into a whole new game in a way. Whatever).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom