Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
WhiskeyWolf said:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=915112&topic=40155362

Moron said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again....the only way to get a REAL RPG is online with lots of players who can actually role-play. A single player game can't possibly allow you to express yourself in the ways that you can in person and that's all there is to it.
Priceless.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
DraQ said:
Jaime Lannister said:
DraQ said:
Assuming steady warning rate, 75% of my posting time in the land of bethstapo is behind me. :(

</drama>

I have 75% too, 25% for making a fake "FO3 teaser is out" thread, and 50% for posting a link to Home of the Underdogs.
Mine are exclusively (IIRC) for pouring vitriol over agonizingly clueless.

I got mine for completely made-up reasons, such as... posting inappropriate links in a topic I'd never posted in. They were quite funny to read over, in retrospect.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
This thread now has the status of "famous for being famous."
Does anyone have the courage to end it?
You can always start part 3 when FO3 comes out.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
LittleJoe said:
This thread now has the status of "famous for being famous."
Does anyone have the courage to end it?
You can always start part 3 when FO3 comes out.

We can always leave this one open, everything else would just be the first step towards ESF moderation where threads are locked after they got 200 posts because of "keeping the forum database clean".

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... &forum=121

What would've made MotB truely awesome...

Ok, no game is perfect and it’s easy to criticize, but here let’s discuss specific things ("MOAR X" doesn't really help anyone out) would’ve elevated MotB from a good expansion to an awesome one. Let’s try to keep it positive, feel free to add suggestions or comment.

1) More of a personal opinion, but I would’ve loved to see Kaylan as a sacred fist for no other reason than to show off the new prestige class. (Illmatar’s favored weapon is unarmed, switch her might domain for war and you’re in business) It would’ve been fun to romance her, for no other reason than the plethora of cheesy pick-up lines available to fit the situation.

2) I doubt anyone would disagree that we’d love to see some of the old faces with the new. I don’t know how well this would’ve meshed with copyrights and whatnot, but having a red wizardess travel alone through Rashamen would be too risky for the Founder (especially with such an important mission), so it would stand to reason she’d hire a guard… someone strong… loyal… someone who knows Rashamen like the back of his hand… and most importantly someone with an already significant fan base. Someone like… Minsc! (Would make for some interesting interactions when he learns that Safria’s a Red Wizard) At some point, he could ask about your previous companions so you can let the game know who turned against you and who stayed as well as who you romanced and who you shunned, etc. Then think of a few places for them to pop up, for example Kelgar and Neeshka (if she stayed with you) maybe got locked in the storage portal in the shadow theatre while trying to save you.

3) As for the Academy, spice it up a bit. The puzzles are great, but I mean, they’ve just had a bloody coup. Even if it IS Thay, it’s kind of dull to just have business as usual. Have some of Arman’s forces wandering around the halls with giant golems (gnolls just don’t cut the mustard in Epic land)

6) As for the ol spirity meter, I might’ve made it a bit more like Soul Reaver. Defeating enemies yield little wisps who quickly try to pass on. You can still use the current spirit draining beam, but it’s more of a weapon than a means of gathering energy. The longer you wait between killing their corporeal body and eating their spirit the less spirit energy they yield. Eating these spirits gives you considerable benefits/powers (I was a little confused when those jerks you meet when you sleep at the dream rock kept calling the Hunger a blessing, I didn’t think we were taking about the same thing), but shifts you into the inhuman monster that everybody considers you to be already. Good guys, however have to try and maintain the status quo via with their own willpower and suppress, but you receive much more lovin’ from NPCs.

Deleted member 7219

Since when did anyone have a sexual attraction to someone's soul/s?

I mean, wasn't Okku's body still alive, just his essence was consumed? So One-Of-Many was just inhabiting it, the body wasn't re-animated or anything zombie-like like that. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:
Since when did anyone have a sexual attraction to someone's soul/s?

I mean, wasn't Okku's body still alive, just his essence was consumed? So One-Of-Many was just inhabiting it, the body wasn't re-animated or anything zombie-like like that. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Are you supporting necrozoophilia?

Lumpy

Arcane
2) I doubt anyone would disagree that we’d love to see some of the old faces with the new. I don’t know how well this would’ve meshed with copyrights and whatnot, but having a red wizardess travel alone through Rashamen would be too risky for the Founder (especially with such an important mission), so it would stand to reason she’d hire a guard… someone strong… loyal… someone who knows Rashamen like the back of his hand… and most importantly someone with an already significant fan base. Someone like… Minsc! (Would make for some interesting interactions when he learns that Safria’s a Red Wizard) At some point, he could ask about your previous companions so you can let the game know who turned against you and who stayed as well as who you romanced and who you shunned, etc. Then think of a few places for them to pop up, for example Kelgar and Neeshka (if she stayed with you) maybe got locked in the storage portal in the shadow theatre while trying to save you.
No. Just fucking NO.
Minsc is one of the worst characters ever. He fucking sucks. He's shit. Thank God he was entirely left out.
Besides, that witch in BG2 was hardly as cool as Sheva Whitefeather and her friends.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There was a witch in BG2???

If yes, damn! How can you fuck witches up! Like lumberjacks, ninjas and pirates, it takes some exceptional dumbassery to make them suck. [To see how to make pirates suck, watch PotC]

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.p ... #msg209354
Mass Effect has changed the way we look at characters in videogames now, for the first time, it feels like you are really talking to someone, not just because of the voice acting, but the dialog system is so quick, innovative, and cinematic. It has brought on a new era of videogame storytelling, and has reinvented character interaction

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... =121&sp=90
Suggestions for the Next Expansion Pack

Include cool new races like Half-Celestial and Demi-Demons (w/o needing to resort to mods) with wings and all. Go beyond level 30 and keep epic feats (it's nice to be powerful). Counter the last with the ability to fight powerful beings like Angels and even Gods (especially bad ones). It's time RPGS moved away from the dungeon crawl towards higher planes. Improve the gameplay camera (The Witcher, but with more flexible fighting styles - Oblivion - whilst keeping current spell system, or like Avencast)
Fuck D&D!

Suicidal

Arcane
I never liked figthing gods and other "almighty" beings in RPGs. Sometimes it doesn't just make sence - how can a simple mortal, who came from a simple village/town (in most cases), even after finding lots of ph4t l3wt and gaining lots of levels kill something that is supposed to be immortal/insanely powerful. I know that lots of people consider this "epic", therefore cool, but I prefer battles without gods, shadow kings and planet-nuking spells.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Suicidal said:
I never liked figthing gods and other "almighty" beings in RPGs. Sometimes it doesn't just make sence - how can a simple mortal, who came from a simple village/town (in most cases), even after finding lots of ph4t l3wt and gaining lots of levels kill something that is supposed to be immortal/insanely powerful. I know that lots of people consider this "epic", therefore cool, but I prefer battles without gods, shadow kings and planet-nuking spells.
I would find more evenly matched battles to be far more interesting. Like, avg joe v.s. avg joe or Ubermensche vs. Ubermensche.

God vs. god if you are really into Special FX :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom