Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Nael

Arcane
Fucking shit. I hate the New England Patriots.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthre ... 333&page=6

RPG Watch strikes again. About the witcher by the way.

My problem is the fundamental mechanics of movement and combat in the game, I just don't like them at all, and I don't think that's going to change with more gameplay.

I wish they had made combat a true real time experience ie: you click= he swings, like in Gothic, rather than the pseudo real time experience that it actually is. This is further aggravated by the fact that they chose to highlight the enemies with colored rings, making it look and feel more like "point and click" combat to me. I don't like the camera either, they call it "over the shoulder", but it's actually slightly off to the side in a weird way that bothers me, maybe because I've been playing Gothic 3 lately.

I don't care for the movement either, although I think that's due to engine limitations more than actual design decisions. It bugs me to no end that you can not jump in the game. It feels very restrictive to me, especially with the liberal use of invisible barriers that keep you from exploring off the beaten path. Again, I suspect this may be amplified due to the fact that I've been playing Gothic 3.

Suicidal

Arcane
I wish they had made combat a true real time experience ie: you click= he swings, like in Gothic....

I actually agree with this point, I myself would have preferred if The Witcher used a similar combat system, but not because it's a "truer real time experience". TW's combat system just seems kind of uncomfortable and clunky to me.

Deleted member 7219

This is further aggravated by the fact that they chose to highlight the enemies with colored rings, making it look and feel more like "point and click" combat to me. I don't like the camera either, they call it "over the shoulder", but it's actually slightly off to the side in a weird way that bothers me, maybe because I've been playing Gothic 3 lately.

That proves he didn't once look inside the settings.

It bugs me to no end that you can not jump in the game. It feels very restrictive to me, especially with the liberal use of invisible barriers that keep you from exploring off the beaten path.

That proves he is a moron.

El Dee said:
Nael said:
I do too.

Don't worry, the Colts will take care of them in the playoffs.

Only if Manning or his NFL commissioner daddy decide to pleasure the referees...or bribe them. Basically what happened last year in the playoffs.

The Packers however, they could do it, in the Super Bowl at least, just because Brett Favre is a supreme badass.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=8317.0

PLEASE CDP - swimming,diving and secret Treasures for The Witcher2

Hi there people,

The Witcher is a real amazing SRPG and i like it very very much, BUT what i miss is exploration.
So i wish me that Gerald will be able to swim and dive in The Witcher2. Some hidden Caves, deeper Dungeons with cool riddles.
Please CD Projekt make W2 with more RPG-Adventure Feeling.

John Yossarian

Magister
Edward_R_Murrow said:
El Dee said:
Nael said:
I do too.

Only if Manning or his NFL commissioner daddy decide to pleasure the referees...or bribe them.
They were playing the pats dude. Do you not see the irony in accusing the Colts of cheating?

El Dee

Scholar
John Yossarian said:
They were playing the pats dude. Do you not see the irony in accusing the Colts of cheating?
No doubt about that. What happened to NE's spy tapes? Oh that's right, the NFL had them destroyed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lestat said:
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=8317.0

PLEASE CDP - swimming,diving and secret Treasures for The Witcher2

Hi there people,

The Witcher is a real amazing SRPG and i like it very very much, BUT what i miss is exploration.
So i wish me that Gerald will be able to swim and dive in The Witcher2. Some hidden Caves, deeper Dungeons with cool riddles.
Please CD Projekt make W2 with more RPG-Adventure Feeling.

I just installed and played it today, and I gotta agree, swimming would be cool, as it would be a nice shortcut when the bridge is a bit far away [heh]. But I'm drunk now anyways.

But still, "RPG-Adventure Feeling", lol :lol:
What the fuck does swimming have to do with either RPGs or Adventures?

Special_Can

Scholar
John Yossarian said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
El Dee said:
Nael said:
I do too.

Only if Manning or his NFL commissioner daddy decide to pleasure the referees...or bribe them.

That's not ironic. Every team in the NFL cheats, it's just the Pat's were caught...

El Dee said:
John Yossarian said:
No doubt about that. What happened to NE's spy tapes? Oh that's right, the NFL had them destroyed.

Everyone does it. Heck, the Jets put someone in the endzone during a Patriots home game to do it to them beforehand and instead of causing a big fuss about it, the Patriots just told them to get out and they changed their signals.

Anyways, the whole "cheating" thing is pretty weak. It's because the NFL is lazy and don't actually have their players memorize different play signals ever. Heck, baseball players change them every inning.

It's pretty much a way to hit a team with no dirt on them. They all play with sportsmanship, they take pay cuts to get more guys on the team, they aren't assholes abusing their power, they aren't whoring themselves on every damn advertisement, and they play well. They're professionals. The NFL doesn't like that type of team because it hurts ratings when people have dominate teams like that. Same thing that happened in the early to mid 90s with the 49ers.

Anyway,as long as Tony "God is on my side" Dungee (seems like a nice fellow, but the whole thing with his coaching and religion is a little too much) and Peyton Manning don't win the Super Bowl again, I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind seeing Favre show all the young guys that old bucks can still kick ass, or watch Eli stomp his arrogant brother into the ground.

DraQ

Arcane
Ahzaruuk said:
God vs. god if you are really into Special FX :cool:
That's only if entire play area can be destroyed or otherwise remodelled at will. Playing a god is only worthwhile if you can rip out the planet's very core, all blue-white and incandescent, and smash your adversary upside the head with it. Otherwise, I find games where good quality steel stuff is considered high-end and more exotic materials are considered ZOMGÜber much more appealing.

Lingwe

Liturgist
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 3165&st=20

Even Oblivion, which was hyped by empty promises, was better than most games, same with Fable, it's not like they are releasing a bad game after saying they are working hard on it, Oblivion had flaws but it pushed the envelope in other areas, it was probably the best magic and elves game ever made.

Playcircus is freaking gold I tell ya.

Deleted member 7219

'Magic and elves game'...

I guess he missed out MotB, The Witcher and Morrowind then.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
DraQ said:
Ahzaruuk said:
That's only if entire play area can be destroyed or otherwise remodelled at will. Playing a god is only worthwhile if you can rip out the planet's very core, all blue-white and incandescent, and smash your adversary upside the head with it. Otherwise, I find games where good quality steel stuff is considered high-end and more exotic materials are considered ZOMGÜber much more appealing.
I just got a mental Image of Zeus shoving Saturn into Jesus' face :lol:

Planet-slap!

DraQ

Arcane
Ahzaruuk said:
DraQ said:
Ahzaruuk said:

Planet-slap!
Win. :D

Top Hat said:
Ahzaruuk said:

Planet-slap!

Top Hat shoves Uranus into ur face. GAME OVER.
DraQ shoves Jupiter into Uranus.

That's how it's done.

Fucking amateur.
:|

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Clearly you never played Megaman 5 on the gameboy where you have to use your Power Fist on Uranus to get the Deep Digger (which Pluto, the furry boss, might be weak against).

DraQ

Arcane
Jasede said:
Clearly you never played Megaman 5 on the gameboy where you have to use your Power Fist on Uranus to get the Deep Digger (which Pluto, the furry boss, might be weak against).
I'm a gameman and, unlike many members of the clergy, I don't play with boys.

Also, could we please quit fucking talking about anyone's-anus?

I said "fucking", see how manly I am?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom