Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Gamer Beware Witcher Fraud!

aidamei said:
As a customer of this game it is time the genie is let out of the bag

Firstly for anyone browsing this forum considering buying this game here are two considerations

1. If you may be new to the genre of Role Playing Games think twice about buying this game. You will be presented with literally impossible fight sequences on Easy setting.
2. These sequences are very near to impossible to win
3. There are no hints
4. There are no cheats.
5. You will simply lose and you will be forced to abandon your game meaning you will have been duped-defrauded of your money.
6. For someone here in United States that amounts to $60.00
7. Don;t count on answers from this forum as they clearly either have no clue or simply choose not to offer any viable solution
8. Lastly thank goodness such forums as this allow legitimate consumers to see the truth plainly.
9. As a consumer of the game myself I am speaking from experience this game is a total rip-off fraud s-c-a-m
10. I never even got a third of the way through the game before being forced to abandon it.
11. In the short few weeks I played this I had to buy two new computer mice because of the trauma this game required on the mouse
12. There are numerous crashes (and I mean with the "patch" installed from the beginning)
13 These crashes can and could possibly rip your system to shreds from the rough treatment this game requires

The truth needs to be told about this game
Especially when people are wasting $60.00 on something in which they will lose

dolio

Scholar
Amusing. And since it's about The Witcher, it reminded me of this thread (apologies if it's already been posted; 119 pages is far too many to read).

Essentially: The Witcher sucks because you're forced to be a man, and she's too much of a grrrl to accept that. The fact that there are, canonically, no female witchers is, apparently, not a good enough explanation for her. Besides, how unique can you make your character by making stat/skill choices and such if you can't choose your gender/face/hair color/etc.?

Oh, and by the way, Planescpe: Torment sucks for the same reason. :)

fastpunk

Arbiter
Lestat said:

aidamei said:

Firstly for anyone browsing this forum considering buying this game here are two considerations

1. If you may be new to the genre of Role Playing Games think twice about buying this game. You will be presented with literally impossible fight sequences on Easy setting.
3. There are no hints
4. There are no cheats.
5. You will simply lose and you will be forced to abandon your game meaning you will have been duped-defrauded of your money.
7. Don;t count on answers from this forum as they clearly either have no clue or simply choose not to offer any viable solution
8. Lastly thank goodness such forums as this allow legitimate consumers to see the truth plainly.
9. As a consumer of the game myself I am speaking from experience this game is a total rip-off fraud s-c-a-m
10. I never even got a third of the way through the game before being forced to abandon it.
11. In the short few weeks I played this I had to buy two new computer mice because of the trauma this game required on the mouse
12. There are numerous crashes (and I mean with the "patch" installed from the beginning)
13 These crashes can and could possibly rip your system to shreds from the rough treatment this game requires

What a retard! That post is sig worthy... too bad it's so long.

DraQ

Arcane
Ahzaruuk said:
DraQ said:
:lol:

This thread is ripe for harvest:
crap RP'ing ideas....

Quick, somone with active TESF account post this link there!
Did I not value my TESF account so (I'm active in the OB Mod and CD, y'lknow?) I might have done it.

Alas...my Master rank proves too valuable to my e-penis.
Meh, there is no need to worry until you drop to 50% warn level.

Also, we need Purple Cog medal to decorate those who were banned from TESF while fighting for putting the 'Role' back in RPGs.
(People banned for posting links to goatse thinly disguised as pictures of akatosh need not apply.)

fastpunk said:
What a retard! That post is sig worthy... too bad it's so long.
If my vision of perfect world ever comes to fruitation, people like this will take part in common happiness and wellbeing, by fertilizing the soil with their bodies, so that others can benefit from fruits it bears.

Ahzaruuk said:
OccupatedVoid said:
Heh, nice.
Meh. Lacks subtlety. I'd rather throw in a few truly retarded (meaning even more retarded than those that are already there) ideas to the mix.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lestat said:

aidamei said:

3. There are no hints
4. There are no cheats.

I want to force that fucker to play all Wizardries straight through, from 1 to 8, in one week. He will not complain about "combat difficulty" ever again.

Seriously, the game is simple on normal. It might be challenging sometimes, but hey - that's why you can use alchemy and spells!

DraQ

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Lestat said:

aidamei said:

3. There are no hints
4. There are no cheats.

I want to force that fucker to play all Wizardries straight through, from 1 to 8, in one week. He will not complain about "combat difficulty" ever again.
:D
In all my malevolence, I approve.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Also, there should be a law that is valid on the whole of the internets, on every single forum out there, that allows people to goatse and tubgirl such persons infinitely.

Suicidal

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Seriously, the game is simple on normal. It might be challenging sometimes, but hey - that's why you can use alchemy and spells!

It's simple even on hard. Starts out a bit challenging (until you get used to the combat system), but then the difficulty starts rapidly going down and reaches the minimal value once you've put enought points in the Igni sign and learn how to make potions that increase spell damage.

DraQ

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
DraQ said:
Ahzaruuk said:
OccupatedVoid said:
Heh, nice.
Meh. Lacks subtlety. I'd rather throw in a few truly retarded (meaning even more retarded than those that are already there) ideas to the mix.

Yeah, that's what I did. I wonder how long they took to remove "Prison Bitch", anyway...
*salute*

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Hey, what do you think of my idea of making a huge print of goatse and taking it with me wherever I go, so I can real-life goatse people when they start talking shit. The reactions would be double as hilarious as when you do it on the internets, and it would make for lulz of epic proportions.

DraQ

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Hey, what do you think of my idea of making a huge print of goatse and taking it with me wherever I go, so I can real-life goatse people when they start talking shit. The reactions would be double as hilarious as when you do it on the internets, and it would make for lulz of epic proportions.
What if the person responds with a large print of tubgirl?

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
DraQ said:
Also, we need Purple Cog medal to decorate those who were banned from TESF while fighting for putting the 'Role' back in RPGs.
(People banned for posting links to goatse thinly disguised as pictures of akatosh need not apply.)

I got banned (but unbanned due to a technicality) when I hosted the RPGCodex's review on my website and linked to it on the TESF.

Helton

Arcane
I don't know how you guys get banned. They have some stupid policies but as long as you stay out of the proverbial pool of shit that is Oblivion General...

Nevermind.

Though, honestly, I don't know. Maybe the Fallout forums are bad, too.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Helton said:
I don't know how you guys get banned. They have some stupid policies but as long as you stay out of the proverbial pool of shit that is Oblivion General...

Nevermind.

Though, honestly, I don't know. Maybe the Fallout forums are bad, too.
As far as I know, I've seen blatant idiocy on Both sides of the fence. Whether it's Mech's trolling, Playcircus' "pong-is-turn-based" mantra, and Gunslinger is just plain beyond comprehension.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Suggestions for the Next Expansion Pack
Wylonus said:
i better get this off my chest before this topic get locked up at 10th page limit.

i agreed, that Silver Sword of Gith seem to be loose end, and there something more than that story yet to resolved why he had shard in his heart in first place, and where was his "father", was he dead or missing as captive or hiding until the time is right?

something i like to see in 3-4 chapters in next expansion pack instead of 3 parts.

Chapter One: Mysterious Letter of Threats, sending main character to investigate local sword coast while expanding the Keep's defenses "via-Suikoden" theme as more new npc and speciality unique shops open up.

arch-nemesis make his/her challenges, leaving some hints of trail of hideouts, discovering the base of operations leading to chapter 2.

Chapter Two: Far reaching locations in Chult, Calimshan, Cormyr, Amn, Icewind Dale/ Mithril Halls, Shadowdale, and main parts of Balder Gate/ Candlekeep, Berighost, if need Kura-Tur or Al-Qadim.
to discover new npcs for Crossroad keep as you get new series of craftings, more revelations about deep catacomb of Crossroad Keep leading to Underdark section.

finding archnemesis's goons isnt easy and then learn about a "mole" at the Crossroad Keep, who is it? that who we need to find out.

Chapter Three: Revelation of Arch-nemesis, main character get fed up with mysteries, intrigues, backstabbings, stabotagings, then decided to chase nemesis to the edge of the world and to find shocking truth.
Chase still continued, planar travel begins, learning more about reason why Silver Sword was stolen in past and how the silver shard of life 'healed' the baby and why it chosen the child to wield.

Kelvemor had warned him about enemies had plan to revenge the betrayal at the gate of judgement hall from Celestials and hordes from Abyss, then decided that character was too much and realized it has a "destiny"

Chapter Four: Conclusion of Silver Sword of Gith.

climatic battle scene with arch-nemesis, deciding to either to spare or pass the judgement.
facing the trail of deities, resolving the test challenges made by the avatars to meet his "final fate" or succeed to ascend as one of new deities.

then, make your guessing.

who is that arch-nemesis?

His/her Father?
His/her twin?
his/her brother or sister?
his/her mother back from fake death?
Gith?
Someone who hate that hero/heroine?
Some Avatar Deity who went insane and want to possess Silver Sword?
Someone close to him/her became traitor?
Entity of Silver Sword? the spirit guiding along then betrayed at the end?

so, that person made the personal vendetta on hero and knew every steps and thwart the plans or sabotage at the keep, or knew hero's personal life and knows how to get hero angry or hit raw nerves.

Obsidian, please make some interesting arch-villian that we love to hate and the secrets revealed by the conclusion of Silver Sword of Gith.
we had too many "great evils" from tin can prison syndrome lately and that gets old from overused plots.

make that armor look very interesting on arch-villain.

by the way, make that arch-villain to have warped sense of humor and funny. one heck of sick puppy!
:facepalm:

Suicidal

Arcane
Why isn't ignoring the arch-nemesis until he/she drowns in his/her own bile a possible option?

Imagine a quest in an RPG which involves someone wanting to kill you and and doing everything in his power in an attempt to lure you to his stronghold and have a cinematic clash with you. You have the option to do what he wants in order to shut him up, or just ignore him and his threats and attend to more important matters, like enslaving nations with necromancy.

Archenemy: [charname], if you don't come to my Fortress of Doom and face me and my legions I will burn every village in the kingdom and sacrifice all of the virgins to my gods!!
PC: K.
Archenemy: I'm serious!
PC: Uhuh.
Archenemy: So, will you be coming?
PC: Nah.
Archenemy: AAAAARHG!!!

dolio

Scholar
No, no. That's no good. The enemy is clearly: yourself!

Turns out you've had insomnia and multiple personalities this whole time, or something!

Lumpy

Arcane
dolio said:

Turns out you've had insomnia and multiple personalities this whole time, or something!
Hey! That was a decent plot twist.

dolio

Scholar
Lumpy said:
dolio said:

It was, but copying it wouldn't be very good.

There are other examples of "the enemy is actually you!" where it isn't a very good twist, as well. Perhaps I should have said: it's actually the essence of your evil/good that you've been striving to suppress in physical form.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
dolio said:
Lumpy said:
dolio said:

It was, but copying it wouldn't be very good.

There are other examples of "the enemy is actually you!" where it isn't a very good twist, as well. Perhaps I should have said: it's actually the essence of your evil/good that you've been striving to suppress in physical form.
Hi, Revan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom