Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

dolio

Scholar
Ah yes. Heroes of Might and Magic V. That's certainly a dialogue-heavy, low-emphasis-on-combat game.

Andhaira

Arcane
Bg2 had greast implementation of mages...though the mage dues didi start getting old after a while (they went a little too overboard with the protection/resistance spellz)

Pylon

Novice
DraQ said:
Stop derailing the best thread ever, you faggots!
This thread isn't the best thread ever, faggot, this thread is the second part of the thread ABOUT the best thread ever (which is on the ESF iirc).

Also I agree with Jasede about the mages, if there is protection why not use it? Usually you're the one attacking the mages and because they aren't out adventuring and gathering phat lewt they don't have to fill their spell slots / sequencers with magic missiles.

Andhaira

Arcane
It started getting old after your 20th fight against a mage who started out the battle casting mantle, improved mantle, protection from EVERYTHING, etc etc.

It was great but near the end it started getting to be a bit much. Still, I don't think any other crpg has even come close to those kinds of mage duels, mage strategies. Really shows the power of mages.

Lumpy

Arcane
Some moderator should merge this and "Best Thread Ever.", to have a single, massive thread spanning the entire retardization of the Codex.

Radisshu

Prophet
Andhaira said:
Antisemistism is hatred towards any religious group, not just jews.

Uh, NO. Antisemitism is hatred towards semites, the ethnic group, which is constituted of jews and various other middle-eastern people (e.g arabs).

Andhaira

Arcane
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

Uh, NO. Antisemitism is hatred towards semites, the ethnic group, which is constituted of jews and various other middle-eastern people (e.g arabs).

Well yes, it includes not just jews but all middleasterns.

However, AFAIK the general term has come to include basic racial/discrimination towards any ethnic group by another ethnic group.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Andhaira said:
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

However, AFAIK the general term has come to include basic racial/discrimination towards any ethnic group by another ethnic group.

Nuh-uh. I haven't checked but I'm guessing Wikipedia and every other reliable source on teh interweb would disagree with you.

Radisshu

Prophet
Imbecile said:
Andhaira said:
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

Nuh-uh. I haven't checked but I'm guessing Wikipedia and every other reliable source on teh interweb would disagree with you.

Sem·ite /ˈsɛmaɪt or, especially Brit., ˈsimaɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sem-ahyt or, especially Brit., see-mahyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.
2. a Jew.
3. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.
[Origin: 1870–75; < NL sémīta < LL Sém (< Gk Sm < Heb Shém Shem) + -īta -ite1]

The term antisemitic is nowadays mostly used as antijewish, but I think its been pretty much hijacked by some israelist/zionist agendas (I'm not racist, I don't dislike the jewish people, it's the state of israel I'm kind of annoyed with). Also, lol @ wikipedia and every other reliable source.

Andhaira

Arcane
In that case I was partly right. I does not include only jews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom