Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Radisshu

Prophet
Andhaira said:
In that case I was partly right. I does not include only jews.

You were still completely incorrect, you said it had to do with religion rather than ethnicity, when it was the opposite.

Andhaira

Arcane
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

You were still completely incorrect, you said it had to do with religion rather than ethnicity, when it was the opposite.

No, I was not completely incorrect. Antisemitism has something to do with jews and middle-easterns, and hatred.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Andhaira said:
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

No, I was not completely incorrect. Antisemitism has something to do with jews and middle-easterns, and hatred.

Semites are all middle-easterners, but anti-semitism is used to describe hatred of the Jewish race and religion specifically.

Andhaira

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
Andhaira said:
Radisshu said:
Andhaira said:

Semites are all middle-easterners, but anti-semitism is used to describe hatred of the Jewish race and religion specifically.

No its not! Didi you completely miss the defination of semite a few posts ago? Anti-Semitism therefore applies to all the included ethnic groups. Seriously, why the fuck should jews be special?

Andhaira

Arcane
Sem·ite /ˈsɛmaɪt or, especially Brit., ˈsimaɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sem-ahyt or, especially Brit., see-mahyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.
2. a Jew.
3. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.
[Origin: 1870–75; < NL sémīta < LL Sém (< Gk Sm < Heb Shém Shem) + -īta -ite1]

DraQ

Arcane
Andhaira said:
Antisemistism is hatred towards any religious group, not just jews.
Andhaira said:
Sem·ite /ˈsɛmaɪt or, especially Brit., ˈsimaɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sem-ahyt or, especially Brit., see-mahyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.
2. a Jew.
3. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.
[Origin: 1870–75; < NL sémīta < LL Sém (< Gk Sm < Heb Shém Shem) + -īta -ite1]
Lulz.

Andhaira's title said:
dumbfuck.gif

Andhaira

Arcane
Yes, as I said i was mistaken.

However, Anti-Semitism is bias towards all the people mentioned in the description.

Andhaira

Arcane
I have no prob admitting I'm wrong draq. :)

Its just that when people attempt to prove me wrong when I am right that irks me. (such as fallout uber fanboys refusing to admit that the game cannot be completed in a purely diplomatic manner and that being shot at constitues as violence and as a combat encounter)

DraQ

Arcane
Andhaira said:
I have no prob admitting I'm wrong draq. :)
I'm glad to hear that :D.

Its just that when people attempt to prove me wrong when I am right that irks me. (such as fallout uber fanboys refusing to admit that the game cannot be completed in a purely diplomatic manner and that being shot at constitues as violence and as a combat encounter)
It was fun while it lasted. :(

afewhours

Scholar
Helton said:
Ever had your cap peeled back?

What's the point in this? All you had to do in Morrowind was drink a thousand bottles of sujamma and you could one hit anything. What possible need is there to be more powerful?

Historically the term Semite, like Aryan, was solely a linguistic grouping. As far as I'm aware the derived term anti-Semite was coined by a German organisation that disliked Jews specifically (not Semitic peoples in general) and wanted to name their group something more sophisticated (if less accurate) than The Jew-baiters Club.

In contemporary usage the term anti-Semitism, like its ubiquitous cousin “racism”, is a form of battle cry employed by the shakedown operations masquerading as civil rights organisations.

afewhours

Scholar
muds_animal_friend said:
In contemporary usage the term anti-Semitism, like its ubiquitous cousin “racism”, is a form of battle cry employed by the shakedown operations masquerading as civil rights organisations.

Gorblimey! It's political correctness GAWN MAD! AMIRITE?

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
afewhours said:
Gorblimey! It's political correctness GAWN MAD! AMIRITE?

Islamic Extremists & Radical Islam = "Terrorists who abusively invoke Islam"
Illegal Alien = "Immigrant" & "Unregistered citizens"
Garbage Man = "Sanitation engineer"
Secretary = "Administrative Assistant"
Handicapped = "Handicapable"
Crook = “Morally challenged”
Cheating =“Academic Dishonesty”

I fucking hate political correctness, it's a modern form of censorship that's just weakening Western countries...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nobody says "Handicapable" and if you see someone who does, please kindly ask them to stop.

Political correctness is a terrible virus, uglifying languages world-wide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom