Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Astral Rag

Arcane
Inb4 they discover a fully functional Polybius cabinet.

Incredible Arcade Treasures Found In Beached Ship

The machines were discovered inside The Duke Of Lancaster, a former cruise ship that has been in dry dock since the late Seventies in Llanerch-y-Mor, North Wales. Having seen them on an urban exploration forum, collector Oliver Moazzezi spent months tracking down the owners of the ship and arranging to purchase the games.

The machines are all golden age arcade games, including a number of Space Invaders cabinets, as well as Asteroids, Missile Command and more. They’ve now been sold to collectors and are being restored to pristine condition.

What's the big deal exactly? Would "guy finds old cars in an abandoned shed" make headlines?

I really don't get why anyone cares about finding cabinets of games that we have fully emulatable and in many cases still have the literal schematics so that anyone can build their own. Its one thing if we're actually helping preserve history, but all this is going to do is go in some guy's basement. There's thousands of these. I bought an old 1970s pinball machine at a yard sale for $50, can I get a news story stating how incredible I am?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looking Glass was where I learned what video game development culture was. It was a guild of great women, men, gay folk, trans folk, furries, elves and lycanthropes. Neckbeards, outcasts, neurotics, anger management cases, freaks, geeks and everything in between all united in a common goal: To stop at nothing to make something great.

-Ken Levine

Told you we're everywhere.

tormund

Arcane

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
more like, 'stealing is okay as long i deserve the shit i stole because social justice'

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
If you ignore his complete lack of programing skills.

In other news, new epic modder drama is afoot http://www.funnyjunk.com/Mods+being+stolen+on+console+no+credit/funny-pictures/5937062/
Console modder steals content from PC Fallout 4 mod, then blames original mod creator for "classism and elitist mindset" (fashionable marxist philosophy applied to platform fanboy wars :lol:) because he didn't port his mod to console Fallout 4.

Console users are inferior plebian commies confirmed.

All hail the glorious PC master race.

tormund

Arcane
I'm finding it p hilarious that the console guy is accusing PC modder of being "entitled" (with straight face and apparently with support from console players that used his mod) because he didn't release console versions and because he attacked the guy who used his content without his approval or even visible credit. Because someone is definitely acting like spoiled entitled kid here...
I guess that "entitlement" has been used so much by journos and publishers in connection to PC gamers that it lost all meaning and is now applied to every PC played that does or says something disagreeable to console players.

pippin

Thing is people believe they are entitled to things because they paid money for them. Which might be true, but mods aren't being made by Bethesda.

Angthoron

Arcane

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm finding it p hilarious that the console guy is accusing PC modder of being "entitled" (with straight face and apparently with support from console players that used his mod) because he didn't release console versions and because he attacked the guy who used his content without his approval or even visible credit. Because someone is definitely acting like spoiled entitled kid here...
I guess that "entitlement" has been used so much by journos and publishers in connection to PC gamers that it lost all meaning and is now applied to every PC played that does or says something disagreeable to console players.

Gamejournos have been using it to discredit opinions they don't agree with/opinions that are "harmful" to publishers for a very long time.

It's only natural that the sheep throw it around randomly as well.

Astral Rag

Arcane
tumblr_nbbt7eRjLA1tzwbf7o2_1280.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom