Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.thesims.com/news/new-cas-update

The Sims 4 Expands Gender Customization Options
JUNE 2, 2016BY MAXISCOMMENT

For more than 16 years, The Sims franchise has empowered players to express themselves through open gameplay and endless customization. That's why we're so excited that today's free* update to The Sims 4 features an expanded Create A Sim mode with new gender customization options, and gives our players even more ways to play with life.

For the first time, you'll be able to customize your Sims without the gender boundaries previously set in place. This means you can now create Sims with any type of physique, walk style, and tone of voice you choose – regardless of their gender.

We've also made clothing, hair, jewelry, and other visual options available to all Sims. Over 700 pieces of content previously only available to either male or female Sims, have now been made available to all Sims regardless of initial gender selection. This includes content from The Sims 4 base game and previously launched packs.

You can now dress your Sims in any attire, give them short, long or styled hair, or customize them with some personal accessories to top off their look. Through the addition of new filters and sorts in Create A Sim, what you do with these new options is entirely up to you!

CASUpdate_Screen_Official.jpg

The Sims
is made by a diverse team for a diverse audience, and it's really important to us that players are able to be creative and express themselves through our games. We want to make sure players can create characters they can identify with or relate to through powerful tools that give them influence over a Sims gender, age, ethnicity, body type and more.

So, no matter how you like to play, we hope this update to Create A Sim gives you plenty of new options. Personally, we've had a ton of fun exploring how good many of the short hair male hairstyles look on the female Sims, and vice versa. And we’re just getting started checking out how outfits and styles look on totally different body types.

We can't wait to continue to hear from you about all the ways you use the game to play with life.

I assume Sims 5 will have tranny option for gender, after all its 2016.

pippin

Gay marriage was a thing in the game long before this update right?
If anything, it kinda makes sense they add this kind of stuff to the game.

Caim

Arcane
Come to think of it, didn't Saints Row 2 allow you to put a bra and panties under the boss man's snazzy suit? So why is this new?

Brocken Jr.

Arcane
Come to think of it, didn't Saints Row 2 allow you to put a bra and panties under the boss man's snazzy suit? So why is this new?
Saints Row 2 had a slider to set your gender instead of a binary male/female. Ahead of its time with this stuff.

Caim

Arcane
Saints Row 2 had a slider to set your gender instead of a binary male/female. Ahead of its time with this stuff.
The most progressive game in history has a minigame that makes you shoot shit at people.

Fitting metaphor.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haven't been in this thread in a while.

I'm Doc, the personification of mischief. When I'm not making, writing about, or playing FPSes, I'm freelancing for Kotaku, PC World, & PC Gamer, or consulting

Wonder why he didn't think it held up to Dragon Age. Possibly encounter design? :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You forgot to quote this crucial part:

Wonder why he didn't think it held up to Dragon Age. Possibly encounter design? :smug:

Yes, I'm sure he's the kind of person who appreciates encounter design. A smugger thing to do would be to point him at Tyranny.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Starbreeze AB: Starbreeze acquires the rights to Cinemaware's classic video game catalogue, including "It Came From the Dessert", "Defender of the Crown" & "Wings"

STOCKHOLM (May 31, 2016) - Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, today announced its acquisition of the intellectual property (IP) rights to the entire Cinemaware library of titles from CW Entertainment USA LLC D/B/A CINEMAWARE, including titles "Defender of the Crown" and "Wings", for a total consideration of 525,000 EUR in cash.

"Defender of the Crown is one of the games that made me and many others at Starbreeze go into the gaming industry all those years ago. For many, Cinemaware set the bar for fun and immersive gaming in the ATARI and AMIGA-era. For us, as a developer, it will be a pleasure to re-energize and bring these great brands into the new era of VR and other platforms," said Bo Andersson Klint, Starbreeze CEO. "The classic Cinemaware games are concepts that still in this day are epic imaginations. We will make them excel in excellent VR-experiences at our location based IMAX centers. "

Starbreeze will thrill your imagination and ask - Who wouldn't like to save England on horseback, pick up a bow and arrow like Robin Hood, fight epic Samurai battles or pilot a WWI biplane against the Red Baron in our IMAX centers in full StarVR® resolution and fidelity. Starbreeze will bring the Cinemaware legacy forward and into location based entertainment centers and beyond, entertaining gamers for decades like the original creators already have.

The full list of IP's included in the transaction are:
  • The Cinemaware brand
  • Defender of the Crown
  • Wings
  • The King of Chicago
  • Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon
  • Lords of the Rising Sun
  • Rocket Ranger
  • It Came from the Desert
  • It Came from the Desert II: Antheads
  • SDI
  • TV Sports: Basketball
  • TV Sports: Baseball
  • TV Sports: Boxing
  • TV Sports: Football
  • TV Sports: Hockey
The rights include all brands, websites, existing products and licenses including the Cinemaware label. The Cinemaware library is intended to be one of Starbreeze resource banks for years to come. It will be selectively used in Starbreeze internal development and its external publishing business.

udm I think you might know something about why this happened?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Rumors floating that Bethesda might announce Skyrim remastered for PS4 & Xbone on E3.

That would make most GOTY contestants wet their pants.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Back in my day this thread welcomed posts featuring games journalists saying stupid things and I found him because he specifically mentioned RPG Codex so

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom