Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

The Decline

Arcane
I bring you...via this incident...

the Official Doritos mascot!

ad_209063284-e1465471861895.jpg

I don't know, he might be coocoo for Cocoa Puffs instead.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Riot uses LoL chatlogs to weed out toxic employees

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-06-10-riot-uses-lol-chatlogs-to-weed-out-toxic-employees

Riot has used the behaviour of its employees when playing League of Legends to identify potential problems in the workplace, finding a high correlation between those who are toxic in-game and unacceptable workplace behaviour, Re:Work reports.

Because all Riot employees play League, and have the same persistent player records as everyone else, it's a relatively easy matter to take stock of which employees have been attracting bad feedback from team mates and opponents. That done, Riot looked back at the dismissals it had made over the last year and found a correlation between poor in-game reputation and problem behaviour at work - a quarter of all fired employees had been unpleasant players. Toxic players tended to be toxic employees, even if the reverse wasn't always true.

Following that realisation, Riot took a proactive stance, looking at the most problematic LoL records of current employees and examining their workplace behaviour. Looking at the traits exhibited, snarky passive aggression and over authoritative behaviour were found to be the most common negative associations, with some employees 'pulling rank' on other players to intimidate them. This behaviour tended to fluctuate with mood, unsurprisingly, but the situation was bad enough that the company singled out the 30 worst offenders and separated them into two groups: those who needed a warning, and those who needed to leave.

These 30 employees were brought into resolution meetings and confronted with their chat logs. Most, the company reports, were appalled when asked to justify the behaviour, showing contrition almost across the board.

"Pretty much everyone we spoke with was appalled at their own behaviour. We actually received some essays from employees vowing to change their ways and become not just more considerate gamers but better people," said Riot's Talent head Jay Moldenhauer-Salazar.

Now, the logs form an active part of recruitment. All prospective employees are asked for their in-game account names so their behaviour can be tracked. All are then rated on a traffic light system to highlight any potential troublesome proclivities. In addition, Riot is now using the study to try and find out which players work best together, identifying the best team players to create more efficient employee groups.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This, of course, begs the obvious question...if a potential employee of Riot Games doesn't have a League of Legends track record (because he doesn't play the game)...what then?

Surely there must be positions within the company that do not require any past experience with their flagship product?

pippin

Riot's attitude strikes me as being extremely shitty. It's not the first time they have said they were going to spy (because that's what they are doing) players and now employees to keep LoL as a "safe" space. I mean, out of courtesy, your employer should give you at least the benefit of a doubt when you hav any sort of problem. Riot must be a very shitty place to work at.

DramaticPopcorn

What the fuck did you expect?! I mean, seriously, it's an online only game that records your progress, it's not like it would be tough to record everything else along with that as well.

Perkel

Arcane
box press conference had like half of room full of MS employess in white/gray shirts screaming.

It really looked weird as fuck

Grimlorn

Arcane
Now they are paying people to scream in excitement for their shitty games. Are we suppose to believe a woman would be screaming for all that popamole crap and know what Quake was and be excited it's coming back?

A horse of course

Now they are paying people to scream in excitement for their shitty games. Are we suppose to believe a woman would be screaming for all that popamole crap and know what Quake was and be excited it's coming back?

They've been doing this for years. Employees are scattered around the audience and scream/cheer at scripted moments.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are we suppose to believe a woman would be screaming for all that popamole crap

:nocountryforshitposters:

Also if anything most women LOVE bethesda games.
Have I ever told that I have 70 hours in unpatched Oblivion on a PS3

Or how I had 130 hours or so with Fallout 3 (ps3 lol)

no worries I grew up tho

still bought elder scrolls online on day 1:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom