Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, you're gonna have to explain that one, that looks like prime modder drama material.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
If I were to take a guess, what pisses Mr. Pink off is not so much the context, but what is written.

"Hi, I had this issue as well! But I fixed it, kthxbai"

Mr. Pink was googling how to fix some problem, found this poster with the exact same issue, the poster then said that they fixed the problem without saying how.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
9ca9252676.png

FUCK YOU
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x
Did you set it to wumbo?

Gerrard

Arcane
:hmmm: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-22-angela-merkel-will-open-gamescom-2017

Angela Merkel to open Gamescom 2017
Would EU believe it.

E3 is barely over, but already we're looking forward to Gamescom 2017 in August - which this year will be opened by Germany boss Angela Merkel.

jpg

Point and click.

It's the first time the show, held every year in Cologne, Germany, will be opened by the country's leader.

Open to the public, Gamescom is the world's biggest video games event. Last year it packed in some 345,000 people to Cologne's vast Koelnmesse exhibition center.

Speaking from experience, it gets very, very, very, crowded.

By comparison, E3 usually has only 50,000 attendees (though this year it was boosted by public attendance to 68,000) - Gamescom is five times as busy.

"The participation of the Chancellor is a sign of great appreciation for us," Gamescom organiser-in-chief Gerald Böse said.

"With her visit she honours the development of gamescom into one of the most successful and largest events in the German trade fair system. Gamescom is today the world's largest event for computer and video games. She emphasises the position of Koelnmesse as one of the leading trade fair organisers worldwide in the digital media and entertainment segment."

Merkel has never, to our knowledge, publicly expressed much interest in video games. Still, anything to take a break on hearing the latest on Brexit.

Clearly President Trump will have to open E3 next year.
Check out the comments for the state of cuckening.

Latro

Arcane
example of why a man must choose idealism, even when that means LARPing himself to death

Why? Did you read DQ? Both parts I & II? There was no moral or spiritual victory, he died regretting what he did. He didn't do much good either, and he died with Pancho literally counting his inheritance shekels. He released prisoners...who jacked up Pancho and caused havoc. Well, he tried to save damsels...who laughed at him behind his back and made him suffer. I must defer completely to Nabokov here, God is not present in DQ, and Quixiote is there to suffer for no reason. Cervantes did not bestow DQ any idealism, he gave him a very amusing and pathetic insanity.

I suppose literature gets "multiple interpretations" when nobody reads the book.

Dostoiévski on Dom Quixote

Dostoevski is a moron, Nabokov is right. Sorry feelapeepee

Last edited:
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So you could read Quixote it as a cautionary tale of a man who LARPS himself to death, or as an example of why a man must choose idealism, even when that means LARPing himself to death

Why? Did you read DQ? Both parts I & II? There was no moral or spiritual victory, he died regretting what he did. He didn't do much good either, and he died with Pancho literally counting his inheritance shekels. He released prisoners...who jacked up Pancho and caused havoc. Well, he tried to save damsels...who laughed at him behind his back and made him suffer. I must defer completely to Nabokov here, God is not present in DQ, and Quixiote is there to suffer for no reason. Cervantes did not bestow DQ any idealism, he gave him a very amusing and pathetic insanity.

I suppose literature gets "multiple interpretations" when nobody reads the book.

Ironically, my reading is probably closer to yours than felipepe, albeit with more sympathy for Quixote the character. I've taken the liberty of reinserting the bolded part of the sentence you quoted because I'm not sure how you can read the whole sentence and think that I personally endorse LARPing yourself. I was being a bit glib though, so maybe that's on me.

But anyway many people have read the novel and taken a different meaning from it. My point was that I choose not to view those with different readings as having the incorrect subjective mental states in reaction to the novel. You can call Dostoevsky many things, but when you call him an idiot you may want to reexamine your desire for vitriol.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Dostoevski is a moron, Nabokov is right. Sorry feelapeepee

PAN-CHO

:roll:

Max Stats

Liturgist
example of why a man must choose idealism, even when that means LARPing himself to death

Spent way too long trying to figure out if this was about Dragon Quest or Dairy Queen

:selfhate:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Calling it now: This will be even harder to get a hold of than the original NES Mini.

SNES Mini - officially titled the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System - will launch in the UK on 29th September.

The microconsole will again launch with 21 games pre-loaded onto the system - including the never-released Star Fox 2. Classics such as Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past are also included.

The full list of games included with the SNES mini in Europe lies below:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi's Island

pippin

A huge number of mini nes were later returned or sold in the second hand market because even dumb hipsters realized they were just buying an emulator.

A user named cat

I bought a relative an NES mini for Christmas off ebay. Thing is a joke since you also have to purchase a cable extension as the wired controllers were made for tiny Japanese people who sit two inches from their tv. Some of the included games were awful choices too, who the fuck wants to play Balloon Fight or Ice Climber? Why no River City Ransom, Ducktales or something? However you can easily mod the thing and add every NES rom you want, I believe.

Still you'd be a ton better off grabbing a Fire TV or Raspberry Pi, then setting up Retroarch where you can play much more than just NES. Fuck these cashgrab mini consoles.

Vorark

Erudite
jpg

This pic would make an excellent smile/icon/whatever. :mrpresident:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom