Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Yes, and the idiocy in your post is also difficult to describe, I, however, have not wasted twenty minutes of my life typing this.

I certainly wouldn't use STEAM for all purposes (things like the 5 install limit and late patches for Stalker: Clear Sky come to mind), but ON THE WHOLE I like it for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only:
- I can download a game overnight or in the morning instead of going to the shop (especially in my end of Australia - in Perth, literally the most isolated state capital, and most isolated city over 1 million population, in the world - where there is no guarantee that you'll be able to buy the game through local retail)
- It gives small developers an alternative to big publishers.

That's all. Oddly enough that's the only things I've seen the makers promote it for.

Pastel

Scholar
Yeah Steam is pretty fucking awesome. Sure, owning a physical CD might be fun, but owning a digital library that you can access whenever you want is just as nice.

Occasionally Fatal said:
racofer said:

Good effort, i suppose...

Azrael the cat said:
things like the 5 install limit

lolwut? since when does steam have install limits? last i checked, you can download and install any game in your account to any computer you are logged on to.

Not STEAM's fault, just one of the developers that happens to be using steam. Basically GSC put a 5 install limit on the STEAM version of Clear Sky, but not on the retail version, giving people a good reason to get the retail version. As far as I am aware there is no install limit inherent to STEAM itself.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
Yes, and the idiocy in your post is also difficult to describe, I, however, have not wasted twenty minutes of my life typing this.

Good, because I've done it in ten.

The levels of butthurt Steam faboys just went off the chart.

Cloaked Figure said:
a lot of retarded people confuse steam for DRM

Then why is it required?

and i have never ever gotten a phone call home from steam, and i have over 20 games on it.

So you managed to install games through steam without an internet connection? Impressive.

R00fles indeed.

Pastel

Scholar
Given that you're wasting your time on the Codex right now, I can tell that you do have an Internet connection. So what's the fucking problem?

Pastel

Scholar
If he means failure should still allow you to continue on, then I fully agree. I assume he doesn't mean that.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
*motherfucking facepalm*

It took me a whole minute before I grasped what the fuck was going in that thread.

Radisshu

Prophet
As no one has done this yet and seeing how the game is like what 20 days form being in our consoles I think we should all let out a little excitement by typing Fallout 3 with our FACE!!! Because lets face it, (hahaha see what I did there) it's super fun and epic and it just has to be done =D I shall start!

fraloloout5 3!!

OH! Snap son I even got the exclamation marks in there by doing a chin/nose combo!!!

"Because let's face it", haha haha.

DraQ

Arcane
Radisshu said:
As no one has done this yet and seeing how the game is like what 20 days form being in our consoles I think we should all let out a little excitement by typing Fallout 3 with our FACE!!! Because lets face it, (hahaha see what I did there) it's super fun and epic and it just has to be done =D I shall start!

fraloloout5 3!!

OH! Snap son I even got the exclamation marks in there by doing a chin/nose combo!!!

Hahaha haha.

Radisshu

Prophet
But let's not completely pan this game, people! We don't want to fall out of the loop! Whatever that means! Haha.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DraQ said:
Radisshu said:

fraloloout5 3!!

Hahaha haha.

riso4ielt5.gif

Data4

Arcane
I wonder how long a thread inquiring about what percentage of profits to Zenimax goes to support politics would stay up. I mean, it's a legitimate question, right? If Zenimax is sending money to Obama (PBUH) and I buy a game from one of their underlings, I could be tacitly supporting the holy one, yes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom