Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Guys before you try to nail down it read i what i wrote. Unless something doesn't remind you of this (just in 2D) it isn't it.

Experience has taught me (and I've been helping people remember lost and forgotten games for more than 15 years now) that people don't remember as good as they think they do.

It's also more productive to throw out lots of games so that they can be dismissed, rather than not bring up a game because it only "partially" fits the description.

Perkel

Arcane
Experience has taught me (and I've been helping people remember lost and forgotten games for more than 15 years now) that people don't remember as good as they think they do.

It's also more productive to throw out lots of games so that they can be dismissed, rather than not bring up a game because it only "partially" fits the description.

True but is spend enough time with it to completely visualize parts of gameplay in my mind as screenshots you could make today with print screen in your pc.

Yes in general people tend to misremember things but there are things that are well established in their mind that there is 0% probability they will not remember. I can paint completely every quest in my mind in Diablo 2, i can completely from start to end remember Tyrian missions and there is no chance i can not remember those.
Games in general are repeatable experience that well established itself into head as visual experience.

Me personally i am rather weak with remembering names (due probabably to genetic lotery) but i can remember clearly visual snapshots and i don't tent to have problems with remembering those.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Oh CKII, you rascal.

jewmoney.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
You know, it's a legit alt-history question.

"What kind of games would the Soviet Union and the WarPact countries managed to get out?"

Shit-tier graphics, because tech behind the curve. WW2 and Sci-Fi games, because it's all you can do. RPGs, 4x and TB strategy because it's the best genre for shit-tier slavic-autism games. The situation with an eventual Soviet Internet would require some hardcore alt-history set-up, but it's an amusing perspective.

The most Soviet game I've ever played was probably 1962: Cuban Missile Crisis The Aftermath.

611559843.jpg

I've seen legit Soviet movies with less enthusiastic presentation of the Union than this game.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Typical buzzfeed with the spin. This is where that hot take stems from: https://archive.is/B1LNe

In an interview with police after the attack, Javier claimed she found a Tinder dating app on Lovell's phone and also fumed over his penchant for playing too many video games.

Lovell admits he may spend a bit too much time in front of a computer screen. But he insists he never cheated. "I barely had time to hang out with my girlfriend, let alone another girl," he said. In recent months, Lovell said he had spent 12 to 13 hours a day playing and training for "PlayerUnknown's Battleground," a computer game where players parachute onto an island, gather weapons and blow each other to bits. The long hours also required him to spend time doing exercises for his hands, wrists and shoulders and also practicing mouse moves and techniques to maximize performance. "I wasn't a sweaty nerd, more of an Ethlete," Lovell said, describing a person who has an intensive online gaming regimen.
lol at "Ethlete" though. Some more highlights, emphasis mine.

"I was just so proud for beating this samurai wannabe crazy lady with hate in her heart," Lovell, 29, told The Oregonian/OregonLive in a Facebook message exchange Wednesday. "I've been preparing my whole life for something like this."
Javier found red hair in the couple's shower drain, according to the police report. Her hair, on the other hand, is dyed green.
Javier told police she hid her boyfriend's phone so he couldn't call for help. After the lights went out, Javier said she retrieved the samurai sword - then brought it down on her boyfriend, according to a probable cause affidavit. Lovell said he woke up to being attacked by Javier. His instincts kicked in, and he drew on a lifetime of Kung Fu films and martial arts training. "I was able to wing chun my way to survival," Lovell said referring to a traditional form of Chinese martial art that focuses on close-range combat. Eventually he got her into a bear hug. "I saw the look in her eyes, and it scared the living poop out of me," he said.
Lovell's index, middle and ring fingers were nearly lopped off at the base though doctors have been able to reattach them, he said. He has deep lacerations on his feet and legs and may have fractured his right wrist, which is in a cast, Lovell said. There are various other wounds to his torso, neck and left side of his head. "Obviously, I got some gnarly injuries," he said.
"The feeling I had when I won the fight with my bare hands is just absolutely the best feeling," he said. "I've played all the sports, won big games, landed some decent tricks on my snowboard. This was better."
Asked if he and Javier were still an item, he wrote: "I haven't spoken with her if that's what you mean lol."

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some lecture by Zach Barth (of Zachtronics), developer of SpaceChem, InfiniFactory, and Opus Magnum:

NYU Game Center Lecture Series Presents Zach Barth
Thursday, March 1, 2018

Over the past 7 years, Zach Barth’s studio Zachtronics has released a series of strange and wonderful games. SpaceChem, InfiniFactory, Shenzhen I/O, and 2017’s Opus Magnum, as a body of work there is perhaps no better expression of the beauty of problem-solving and the complex aesthetics of engineering and automation. Join us for a conversation with Zach about his work, his ideas, and his creative process.

Didn't watch it myself yet, but would be interesting to people who like his games I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom