Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
GPWhBhObYAAU9QB

ferratilis

Magister
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/card-games/dire-decks-wildcard-clone/

Indie dev baffled after acquaintance clones his game, puts it on Steam, and acts like it's no big deal: 'Happens every day homie'​

News
By Tyler Wilde
published 12 hours ago
Dire Decks creator kindanice is at a loss after a fellow indie dev remade his game and refuses to take it down.

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right).

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right).(Image credit: Kindanice)

When he started chatting with Terry Brash, indie game developer kindanice thought he was just swapping tips with a fellow dev. He didn't know that his new acquaintance was going to take his whole game, too.
Kindanice related this story to PC Gamer over DMs this week, and shared screenshots of his conversations with Brash, who did not respond to a request for comment.

The two developers first chatted a little over a year ago: kindanice was a fan of Brash's game Gunrun, and Brash was a fan of kindanice's game Dire Decks, a deckbuilding shooter combo published on itch.io. The developers swapped some coding knowledge and Brash invited kindanice to his game dev Discord server.
A year passed, and then this week, Brash sent kindanice a Discord DM to share some cool news: He'd cloned Dire Decks in a new engine, added some new features, renamed it Wildcard, and put it on Steam under his own name.
This isn't one of those gray area situations where one game derives its basic design from another, but brings its own look and spirit to the table (the dozens of Vampire Survivor-alikes come to mind). The games are visually almost identical, and Brash himself called Wildcard a "rewrite" and "clone" of Dire Decks when he introduced it to kindanice.
Kindanice was taken aback: flattered, perhaps, but confused. He asked Brash if he really thought it was OK to take the art and concept of Dire Decks and put it on Steam under his own name without permission. Now Brash seemed taken aback: He pointed out that the code was original and that he'd redrawn the artwork, and asked if kindanice wanted an "inspiration" credit.
"Bro... there's 'inspiration' and then there's blatantly copying an entire game," kindanice replied.

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right).

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right). (Image credit: kindanice)
The question of whether copyright law protected Dire Decks came up. Brash wasn't sure it did, but admitted he wasn't a lawyer. Kindanice felt he had a case, but changed tack, telling Brash that, regardless of what the law says, copying his game just wasn't a cool thing to do and that his other developer friends were shocked and weirded out by it.
"I'm confused, what's weird here?" Brash replied. "I liked the game, so I made a clone with extra stuff. Happens every day homie."
Kindanice asked Brash to remove Wildcard from Steam, and Brash refused. Kindanice then suggested that Brash's reputation would be harmed when the public found out what he'd done, but Brash didn't budge.
"The decision's been made," said Brash. "I accept my fate."
That was the last direct communication between the two developers. On June 3, kindanice posted publicly about the situation on X.
"@terrybrash copied my game 'dire decks' and is releasing it on steam under a different name without my permission," said the developer. "I have tried to get him to take the game down but he is unwilling to do so. not sure what to do in this situation…"
@kindanicegames: hi everyone. @terrybrash copied my game “dire decks” and is releasing it on steam under a different name without my permission. i have tried to get him to take the game down but he is unwilling to do so. not sure what to do in this situation…
(Image credit: kindanice)

Brash continued to promote Wildcard on X after being called out by kindanice. He also posted an edited clip of the "Bold and Brash" SpongeBob episode in which his profile picture is dropped in the trash—I'm not sure precisely what he meant by that. Wildcard remains listed on Steam with a demo, and Brash has said that it will be free when it releases.
Kindanice is currently working on his own expanded Steam version of Dire Decks. He's considered making a copyright claim against Wildcard, but says he'd still prefer it if Brash would remove the game from Steam voluntarily. You can find the current version of Dire Decks and kindanice's other games on his itch.io page.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/card-games/dire-decks-wildcard-clone/

Indie dev baffled after acquaintance clones his game, puts it on Steam, and acts like it's no big deal: 'Happens every day homie'​

News
By Tyler Wilde
published 12 hours ago
Dire Decks creator kindanice is at a loss after a fellow indie dev remade his game and refuses to take it down.

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right).(Image credit: Kindanice)

When he started chatting with Terry Brash, indie game developer kindanice thought he was just swapping tips with a fellow dev. He didn't know that his new acquaintance was going to take his whole game, too.
Kindanice related this story to PC Gamer over DMs this week, and shared screenshots of his conversations with Brash, who did not respond to a request for comment.

The two developers first chatted a little over a year ago: kindanice was a fan of Brash's game Gunrun, and Brash was a fan of kindanice's game Dire Decks, a deckbuilding shooter combo published on itch.io. The developers swapped some coding knowledge and Brash invited kindanice to his game dev Discord server.
A year passed, and then this week, Brash sent kindanice a Discord DM to share some cool news: He'd cloned Dire Decks in a new engine, added some new features, renamed it Wildcard, and put it on Steam under his own name.
This isn't one of those gray area situations where one game derives its basic design from another, but brings its own look and spirit to the table (the dozens of Vampire Survivor-alikes come to mind). The games are visually almost identical, and Brash himself called Wildcard a "rewrite" and "clone" of Dire Decks when he introduced it to kindanice.
Kindanice was taken aback: flattered, perhaps, but confused. He asked Brash if he really thought it was OK to take the art and concept of Dire Decks and put it on Steam under his own name without permission. Now Brash seemed taken aback: He pointed out that the code was original and that he'd redrawn the artwork, and asked if kindanice wanted an "inspiration" credit.
"Bro... there's 'inspiration' and then there's blatantly copying an entire game," kindanice replied.

A side-by-side comparison of Dire Decks by kindanice (left) and Wildcard by Terry Brash (right). (Image credit: kindanice)
The question of whether copyright law protected Dire Decks came up. Brash wasn't sure it did, but admitted he wasn't a lawyer. Kindanice felt he had a case, but changed tack, telling Brash that, regardless of what the law says, copying his game just wasn't a cool thing to do and that his other developer friends were shocked and weirded out by it.
"I'm confused, what's weird here?" Brash replied. "I liked the game, so I made a clone with extra stuff. Happens every day homie."
Kindanice asked Brash to remove Wildcard from Steam, and Brash refused. Kindanice then suggested that Brash's reputation would be harmed when the public found out what he'd done, but Brash didn't budge.
"The decision's been made," said Brash. "I accept my fate."
That was the last direct communication between the two developers. On June 3, kindanice posted publicly about the situation on X.
"@terrybrash copied my game 'dire decks' and is releasing it on steam under a different name without my permission," said the developer. "I have tried to get him to take the game down but he is unwilling to do so. not sure what to do in this situation…"
@kindanicegames: hi everyone. @terrybrash copied my game “dire decks” and is releasing it on steam under a different name without my permission. i have tried to get him to take the game down but he is unwilling to do so. not sure what to do in this situation…
(Image credit: kindanice)
Brash continued to promote Wildcard on X after being called out by kindanice. He also posted an edited clip of the "Bold and Brash" SpongeBob episode in which his profile picture is dropped in the trash—I'm not sure precisely what he meant by that. Wildcard remains listed on Steam with a demo, and Brash has said that it will be free when it releases.
Kindanice is currently working on his own expanded Steam version of Dire Decks. He's considered making a copyright claim against Wildcard, but says he'd still prefer it if Brash would remove the game from Steam voluntarily. You can find the current version of Dire Decks and kindanice's other games on his itch.io page.
I hope the ersazt is better than the original game because I have been playing it for more than 2 hours and it's an endless game where in practice you'll never die, I don't like it.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Play Rainworld, you'll die 20 times in 2 hours.
Game is shit, but maybe more to your liking.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
A turtle smashed through a woman’s windshield while she was driving on the highway

CNN said:
A woman in Georgia was left shell shocked when a turtle went flying across the highway and through her windshield, nearly striking her passenger in the face.

Latonya Lark was driving along Harry S. Truman Parkway in Savannah with her brother, Kevin Grant, on May 19 to run a few errands. In a split second, the pair found themselves face to face with an unlucky turtle.

“I saw out of the corner of my eye what I thought was a brick,” Lark told CNN. “I told my brother, ‘Oh my God there’s a brick flying across the highway.’ No sooner than I said that, it impacted my vehicle. It scared me so bad, it sounded like a bomb went off and glass went all over my brother.”
Fortunately, Grant only suffered from minor cuts from the broken glass. The turtle, however, was met with a much more unfortunate fate: it died.
“We’re so grateful because this could have been fatal,” she said. “But the really sad part is that the turtle died. That was really upsetting.”
:(:negative:

Is this manually rebuilding Gothic levels inside TW3 or are people somehow transforming the level data from whatever Gothic uses to whatever TW3 uses?

Modron

Arcane

These guys should add that jumping to Twitcher 3, developer manually added context vaulting is the worst. I remember having to go 20 feet around a 2 inch high obstruction in TW3 at one point.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What if Astartes but about NCR's capture of HELIOS One?

(okay, it's nowhere near Astartes but still cool)

The action begins:
Is it over for the NCR bros?

Second wave:

When all else fails:

Getting tactical :obviously:

I'm not sure those jetpacks are canon.

NCR BERSERKERS. Yeah that's definitely not canon. :lol:
Entire series is just nonsense.

The nonsense continues:

The Brotherhood reaches its breaking point:

A breather episode of sorts as the Brotherhood retreats to HELIOS One for their last stand:

As the NCR seem to be moving in for the kill, the Brotherhood get a second wind with their DEATHBOTS:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom