Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

JrK

Prophet
2. The combat system is fallout was one of the worst, in any RPG, ever. Its the one thing that needs improving more than anything else IMO. In fact, if they gave me a 3d fallout2 with improved combat, and everything else the same, I'd be one happy camper.

What?! It worked like a charm! What better fun to pick between shooting a guy in the eye or the leg, or choosing between running behind that cover or bursting him with your shotgun...

I haven't had as much fun with a combat system yet as fallout. :(

Unlike ob's crappy system.

whatusername

Scholar
Have you plated The Temple of Elemental Evil? Because I swear, that game had the best combat in an RPG ever.

Bradylama

Arcane
How would ToEE lend itself to gunplay, though?

Nothing tops Silent Storm in that regard. Adopting an S2-like combat system is practically a necessity if you're making a 3D Fallout.

JrK

Prophet
whatusername said:
Have you plated The Temple of Elemental Evil? Because I swear, that game had the best combat in an RPG ever.

Tried it, but got scared of it right at the beginning after hearing it might crash yer harddrive. I did like the turnbased in the tutorial (the only thing I played).

Hazelnut

Erudite
JrK said:
whatusername said:

Tried it, but got scared of it right at the beginning after hearing it might crash yer harddrive. I did like the turnbased in the tutorial (the only thing I played).

Are you yanking our fucking chains? You bought a game, installed it, ran it successfully long enough to get through the tutorial - only to remove in a panic because you heard some rumor?

You gotta be kiddin'... :lol:

whatusername

Scholar
JrK said:
whatusername said:

Why didn't you get the Co8 Modpack?

JrK

Prophet
Hazelnut said:
Are you yanking our fucking chains? You bought a game, installed it, ran it successfully long enough to get through the tutorial - only to remove in a panic because you heard some rumor?

You gotta be kiddin'... :lol:

The source of my information is a trusted friend.

EDIT: didn't know about the modpack, thanks! I'll give it a spin cause the engine was really awexome.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Definitely try it with the co8 modpack... read the installation instructions and follow them and I (almost*) guarantee it wont erase your HDD.

* If it does your compensation will be along the lines of "Oh dear, well it didn't do that for me." :twisted:

denizsi

Arcane
The source of my information is a trusted friend

You seem like an obediant and unquestioning ever-loyal friend. Are you female by any chance? If yes, you could make a good submissive slave.

EDIT: didn't know about the modpack, thanks! I'll give it a spin cause the engine was really awexome

You want to be punished, no?

analt

Scholar
Data4 said:
I like to think that since a day as we know it is defined by the orbital behavior of the earth, a day in God's terms are relative to him. A passage in the NT says that to God, a day is as a thousand years, so...

Ordinarily I'd feel like I was being nitpicky about science here, but since the topic ostensibly is science ...

The orbiting isn't what causes day and night. The spinning does.

And the impossibility of days existing before planets or stars (not surprising, since the writers of the Bible had not the faintest clue what any of the three really were) is one of the smaller continuity errors in the Bible.

Data4

Arcane
analt said:
Data4 said:
I like to think that since a day as we know it is defined by the orbital behavior of the earth, a day in God's terms are relative to him. A passage in the NT says that to God, a day is as a thousand years, so...

Ordinarily I'd feel like I was being nitpicky about science here, but since the topic ostensibly is science ...

Uh... no, the topic is goofy/idiotic/strange threads from other places, but mostly the Elder Scrolls Forum. Sucks arriving late to the party, eh?

-D4

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Best. Thread. Ever.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=571342

I'm going to create a new "roleplay-character" and I wonder how exactly roleplay works. What should I do if I roleplay and what should I not do?
just try to do stander thins like eating every day and sleaping at nicht ore day (fore vanmp and thief)
I already use eat, dring slepp mods in my current character. I know that is roleplay but what else to do? Can I kill a creature?
if your caracter kils creatures tahne yes

like i do in the impirial city ore the wizard tower doing my dark brotherood quests
(it's like reading JeffK stuff, only better)

What kind of character do you RP? (EG. Thief, Commoner, Beggar, Hard-Worker, Rich folk etc)
As if you can role-play most of these types.

I want to be a normal citizen.
Comedy Fucking Gold. Please tell me it's a troll.

like my caracter is a assasin/mage/warior i know a lot but my rollplaying goos into stealth tongue.gif
and kiling poeople i dont like

but i dont know wahte you can do as a citisen
I haven't done much of the rp stuff in oblivion yet, but in morrowind I completely took over house telvanni by killing all of the other leaders.
Imaginary role-playing for teh win!

if fore exampel your caracter hates rats you can kill a rat tongue.gif all this talk about rping has me wanna make a char give him some gold and start rping tongue.gif
All this talk about rping... :lol: I almost fell off a chair.

A commoner is someone who isn't noble. That means poor, certainly downtrodden, bu maybe not quite a beggar or a thief, but possibly someone with a grudge against the establishment.
So, who's the OP?

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
fanboy upset about censorship(OblibianMan123) said:
ware did my psot go? i haet u nao! WHY CAN I LOEV OBLIBIAN???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

one moer time and i will haet Oblibian at laste ill try cesnorsihp!
:lol:

Lumpy

Arcane
It helps take away the aspect of feeling like you are being dragged through the storylines rather then making your own choices. The choices are there as far as what guilds you join and so on, but I found just thinking up my own reasons for the actions I take in the game help me enjoy oblivion more.
So they imagine choices and consequences? Wow.

thare is only 1 mod i need and thate is the thiefs den to live in tongue.gif but my mom wont let me buy oficial mods tongue.gif

Klinn

Novice
Lumpy said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=571633
Some of those responses are deliciously stupid.
Heh - I assume you must have really bored when you decided to bother making that kind of thread in the General forum. Even more bored than I was when I added a reply... :)

Kraszu

Prophet
Lumpy said:
Magic doesn't defy in game logic, since it's a part of Nirn's physics. What I pointed out defies any form of logic whatsoever.

Nefarious One said:
Magic works in Nirn but not in our Earthly world. But the possibility that percentages and chance(possibly governed through magic huh.gif ) work differently hasn't occured to you? If our realms' physics are different then, logically, so are any calculations.
[/quote]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom