Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

KreideBein

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
r00fles, they deleted half the thread.

I missed the part that got axed... why was it deleted, and what was said in it?

EDIT: Also, you're ManEatingHamster, right?

Admiral jimbob said:
Very little that would be worthy of deletion. What might have been the beginning of -another- Gothic v Oblivion flamewar, a few sarcastic comments and a few perfectly legitimate posts about the game that were deleted because Summer forgot to take her medicine again.

R U NOSTRILDAMUS?

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
I should probably try some of that sarcasm you people are using when fighting the logic rezistant Oblivionerds. My best atempt so far at convincing people that Oblivion isn't an CRPG was

Callaxes said:
An ComputerRPG must follow 4 very important rules:

1. Provide the ability to customize you're character both physicaly and psyhologicaly throught the use of statistics
2. The impact of statistics (here we introduce a scale between 1 (you're flying the plane on auto-pilot) and 5 (you're flying the plane all by yourself, during a turbulance while the co-pilot is throwing cookies at you))
3. The chooice of action (scale between 1 (you can doom the whole of Nirn by giving Martin and the amulet to Mehrunes Dagon) and 5 (you choose to enter a dungeon through the hidden backdoor instead of the obvious front entrance))
4. The impact of chooice (scale between 1 (your killing of the count of Skingrad has provoked a civil war in the city) and 5 (your killing of the count of Skingrad has got you a bounty of 1000 septims, the town still thrives))

The more 1's the game scores, the closer it comes to being an CRPG. The more 4's and 5's it scores, the closer it comes to being an Action game.

NOTE: Do not mistake Action games for hack'n slashers. Action games use action game mechanics, like no dice rolls, reflex based combat and player skill interaction, i.e. Prince of Persia. Hack'n slashers or ActionRPGs or Rogue-likes are games that focus mostly on fighting, but still contain RPG elements like stat-based combat and heavy character skill interaction, i.e. Diablo, Dungeon Siege

Morrowind

• Dice rolls
  • Large amount of chooices and solution
  • Complex character creation
  • Heavy stat focus on non-combat interaction
  • Offers more challenges other then combat (exploration)

• Lack of strong dialog
  • Lack of conscequence upon actions
  • FP-TP perspective
  • Real-time with lite-reflex based combat
  • Linear storyline
  • Exploitable character creation for powergaming uses (i.e. 5x multipliers)
  • Weak narative (with the exception on the game's lore)

Conclusion: ActionRPG-Exploration game hybrid with great oportunities for LARPing

Oblivion

I realy can't think of anything except for the decent amount of skills

• Lack of strong dialog or NPC interaction
  • Severe lack of conscequences
  • FP-TP perspective
  • Real-time combat with great emphasis on player skill and reflex
  • Lack of dice-rolls
  • Linear storyline
  • Only 6-8 quests out of 200 have a chooice here'n there, although not all have seperate endings (lifting the vail)
  • [censored] minigames
  • Primary interaction is combat and stealth
  • Unballanced level-scaling that ruins the porpouse of statistics
  • Character Creation suportable for only 3 archtypes that can be exploited to the bone
  • Weak narative

Conclusion: Action game with statistics and great oportunities for LARPing

Yeah, I know why it failed. It's too long to read and has too many paragraphs and complicated senttences like "Character Creation".

Well what about Daggerfall & Arena? Or Morrowind with mods? Or just sharing some ideas in TES General? Heck I just started playing Redguard and I might want to talk about it once I finish it and share my opinions about the game.

There are ALOT more things to do in ESF then complain about Oblivion. IMO they should just remove the posting permision in cetain forums. Cow Guru didn't like Oblivion, but he still had mods for Morrowind that people might've wanted to talk about, thus it would've been smarter just to take away his permision to post in the OG forums, but still allow him to talk in the Mod section. Bah... the forum is fucked up!

Jim B. - yeah they banned me too :lol:

Hey Admiral, why don't you make a mod for Oblivion that makes fun of Bethesda? You could fill it with phat loot, so that Oblivion fanboys would play it thoroughly, and learn something about their beloved software house...

Yes, I would play that mod.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Are you fucking serious? You both got banned?
Duh, RomanianDude had proof that Oblivion sucks, and the Bethstapo doesn't want any facts. They want the criticism to be opinion.

Or summer forgot her medication again. :lol:

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
R00fles! The little kiddies there believe in Fatty Claws:
TearsOfIsha said:
I'd heard that Gothic 3's combat was pants, but I idn't realise the game was this big a disappointment. I was going to ask for it of Santa Claus. Oh well.

Adamus Phillida said:
Only reason Im posting here is to make this dude mad and defend my favorite game Oblivion -and halo 3- For some reason I bet this Kid made this topic for fun.
All right... Who's troll is this?

KreideBein it looks like you're left alone to fight the rabit TES all by yourself from now on, but it's just a matter of time untill the last living RPG fans like yourself shell be banned 'till 1952 :D

FOR THE TAO!

Ok OBLIBIANMAN123, I need some trolling ideas. The whole Xbox fanboy who can't write proper english is getting old. I want [Daggerfall]VENGEANCE![/DF]

PS: This could be usefull

KreideBein

Scholar
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
KreideBein it looks like you're left alone to fight the rabit TES all by yourself from now on, but it's just a matter of time untill the last living RPG fans like yourself shell be banned 'till 1952 :D

Shit, you're leaving me to deal with morons like haknslash and AmazonQueen all by my lonesome? FUCK.

Romanian_Dude2005 said:
Ok OBLIBIANMAN123, I need some trolling ideas. The whole Xbox fanboy who can't write proper english is getting old. I want [Daggerfall]VENGEANCE![/DF]

The kind that I'd like to see more of is the "pseude-intellectual belligerent moron" type. You know, the kind that acts like they're better than everyone else, makes sure to type with proper grammar and spelling, and likes to drag in philosophical concepts that they don't understand into arguments. As funny as the idiot AOLer trolls can be, they got old... a while ago.

That's actualy a pretty good idea. AOLer troll are too obvious and are banned on sight, pseude-intellectual belligerent morons on the other hand are harder to notice and can survive much longer. And I also have a friend who's just that kind of guy, he doesn't know half of the things he's talking about.

Sentenza

Scholar
KreideBein said:
Shit, you're leaving me to deal with morons like haknslash and AmazonQueen all by my lonesome? FUCK.
You won't be left alone ;)

Beside, is it you in the avatar pics? Jesus, you're so sweet

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Romanian_Dude2005 said:

Just be the opposite of Haknslash. Doesn't the thought make you cringe? :o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom