Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Sentenza said:
KreideBein said:
Shit, you're leaving me to deal with morons like haknslash and AmazonQueen all by my lonesome? FUCK.
You won't be left alone ;)

Beside, is it you in the avatar pics? Jesus, you're so sweet

Don't think so. I've seen her before.

Just be the opposite of Haknslash. Doesn't the thought make you cringe? Surprised

IT'S NOT AN OPINION.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
The kind that I'd like to see more of is the "pseude-intellectual belligerent moron" type. You know, the kind that acts like they're better than everyone else, makes sure to type with proper grammar and spelling, and likes to drag in philosophical concepts that they don't understand into arguments. As funny as the idiot AOLer trolls can be, they got old... a while ago.
I second that, and I'm not even an ESF member, I've gotten tired of it just from this thread. Something like anus.com or some of the whack-jobs that can go on for pages that we get here. Try to make this position sound as painfully thought out and rhetorically justified as possible.

KreideBein

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Sentenza said:
KreideBein said:
Shit, you're leaving me to deal with morons like haknslash and AmazonQueen all by my lonesome? FUCK.
You won't be left alone ;)

Beside, is it you in the avatar pics? Jesus, you're so sweet

Don't think so. I've seen her before.

OMFG u stokker

Admiral Jimbob said:
Just be the opposite of Haknslash. Doesn't the thought make you cringe? Surprised
IT'S NOT AN OPINION.

I'M OLD ENOUGH THAT I DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OPINIONS KTHXBAI.

Actually, I haven't seen him recently. Hopefully he decided to leave for good.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
TheGreatGodPan said:
KreideBein said:
The kind that I'd like to see more of is the "pseude-intellectual belligerent moron" type. You know, the kind that acts like they're better than everyone else, makes sure to type with proper grammar and spelling, and likes to drag in philosophical concepts that they don't understand into arguments. As funny as the idiot AOLer trolls can be, they got old... a while ago.
I second that, and I'm not even an ESF member, I've gotten tired of it just from this thread. Something like anus.com or some of the whack-jobs that can go on for pages that we get here. Try to make this position sound as painfully thought out and rhetorically justified as possible.
Now how do I use this method? Use it for pseudo-supporting Oblivion or dissing it?

KreideBein

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
TheGreatGodPan said:
KreideBein said:
Now how do I use this method? Use it for pseudo-supporting Oblivion or dissing it?

Supporting it would be funnier. An example: "Now, we all know that Oblivion is, without a doubt, the most freeform RPG ever to hit the market. However, what I think that we all need to consider is that Oblivion is actually the final manifestation of Kant's Categorical Imperitive. Blah blah blah blah."

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Supporting it would be funnier. An example: "Now, we all know that Oblivion is, without a doubt, the most freeform RPG ever to hit the market. However, what I think that we all need to consider is that Oblivion is actually the final manifestation of Kant's Categorical Imperitive. Blah blah blah blah."

Alright, I'll do it soon thanks to Mr. Proxy. I just won't tell you what the account name is so the ESF Secret Police doesn't ban me before I get to have fun. :)

Romanian_Dude2005 said:
That's actualy a pretty good idea. AOLer troll are too obvious and are banned on sight, pseude-intellectual belligerent morons on the other hand are harder to notice and can survive much longer. And I also have a friend who's just that kind of guy, he doesn't know half of the things he's talking about.

It's only a matter of time before they find me.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
whitemithrandir said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
That's actualy a pretty good idea. AOLer troll are too obvious and are banned on sight, pseude-intellectual belligerent morons on the other hand are harder to notice and can survive much longer. And I also have a friend who's just that kind of guy, he doesn't know half of the things he's talking about.

It's only a matter of time before they find me.
I know who you are on there! However, since I'm such a nice person, I will not blurt it out loud.

cutterjohn

Cipher
I was pretty amazed with the ESF the other day, in fact I almost thought that I was losing my mind. I originally went there because of the recent threads discussing Oblivion again(here) and trying out some of the various mods in a feeble attempt to fix the game for another try around Christmas.

So, while I was there poking through the POS that the ESF have become, I stumbled across a mod list while looking for another. Followed the bread crumb trail to the list that I HAD been looking for Aelius' list o'mods, which led to yet another, most amazing thread(tome me):
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=548577

Some pretty amazing, and unexpected commentary in that community nowadays. Even more amazing to me was the fact that the thread had NOT been deleted and/or locked, along with the, apparent, total lack of teh ESF uber fanbois presence. Although, I expect the complete sentences, application of grammar, and multisyllabic vocabulary must've frightened them off.

In any event, I am not very hopeful as to "fixing" Oblivion with mods, but I'm willing to give it a shot once more. (I was also checking out some of the nifty tools from the MW area. It appears that someone has recently come up with an automated program to export landmasses and NPCs from MW into Oblivion format. Apparently can also do statics, etc. but I sensed a bit of fear wrt that, and opening the door to a wholesale importation of MW into the Oblivion engine... There were also a couple of nifty MW focused tools in there as well, which I might play around with for a bit over the holidays if Oblivion turns out to remain an annoying POS even when modded to the gills...)

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Found this post about Oblivion here:http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=605138

conradbaine said:
you can eat, drink, buy a house or houses, tune whatever skills you chose or otherwise, you can hunt,ride a horse, pick flowers, swim, walk, run,visit shops, save cities, help people, kill people, steal from people,burglarize...the list goes on.

Know what i did today in my REAL life? I played oblivion all day, ate, drank and visited this forum. I think oblivion's life is more appealing

What version of Oblivion does he have?

OccupatedVoid said:
Found this post about Oblivion here:http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=605138

conradbaine said:
you can eat, drink, buy a house or houses, tune whatever skills you chose or otherwise, you can hunt,ride a horse, pick flowers, swim, walk, run,visit shops, save cities, help people, kill people, steal from people,burglarize...the list goes on.

Know what i did today in my REAL life? I played oblivion all day, ate, drank and visited this forum. I think oblivion's life is more appealing

What version of Oblivion does he have?

The imaginary one for the roleplayers that don't want their hands held.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I just have show people this:

Swift Kill said:
I am [censored] scared of mud crabs... dont know why... you just kill them in one hit but once in the sewers i was down this long corridor and a mudrab was at the very end of it walking slowly towards me....getting closer and closer i was [censored] myself. i jumped over it and ran ahead lol

Horrible creatures, eh? :lol:

OccupatedVoid said:
I just have show people this:

Swift Kill said:
I am [censored] scared of mud crabs... dont know why... you just kill them in one hit but once in the sewers i was down this long corridor and a mudrab was at the very end of it walking slowly towards me....getting closer and closer i was [censored] myself. i jumped over it and ran ahead lol

Horrible creatures, eh? :lol:

I avoid them whenever I can.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
conradbaine said:

Huh? Is that supposed to mean you can't hunt, ride a horse, pick flowers, swim, walk, run, visit shops, help people, kill people, steal from people, burglarize etc. in real life? Or that it's just too much effort to actually do a thing when you can simulate doing it with a mouse click?

Claw said:
Huh? Is that supposed to mean you can't hunt, ride a horse, pick flowers, swim, walk, run, visit shops, help people, kill people, steal from people, burglarize etc. in real life? Or that it's just too much effort to actually do a thing when you can simulate doing it with a mouse click?
Well, you can only ride horses to boring places, visit shops that don't have shimmering magical weapons, and kill people if you want to go to jail.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I need a name for my next account, please PM it. I don't want the ESF secret police to ban it. It isn't going to be AOLer either.

MacBone

Scholar
Well, there's this:
Volourn Honourblade said:
Anon said:
Need further evidence? See Sony's new exciting adventure into the land of viral marketing (viral marketing isn't necessarily a bad thing, though you wouldn't know it from Sony's attempts).

"Gamers across Web 2.0"
Fail. Morons. r00fles!
And this:
Of course they know. They have mutant senses. r00fles!
But then there's this:
In Hitman: Blood Money, you receive an end-of-level newspaper report that's different according to how many people you killed, how you played the level etc. I remember once I killed quite a few security guards, and the report had a Chief of Security guy on saying "this is the worst day of my life. Those guys weren't only my employees, they were my friends."
I felt very sad. :(
And this:
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sorry. We all have stereotypes to live up to.
Does Volourn cry or apologize? For that matter, when does he type lengthy posts without misspelling? Jasede swears that Volourn can pull this off, but I smell an alt.

Edit: I should have read the rest of the posts. I agree with you, KreideBein.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom