Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=606656&pid=8839253&st=140&#entry8839253

Urrrgh.
"Oblivion is perfect OR UR PERCEPTIONS ARE WONKY"
"Doods hatin mah oblivians DONT GOT NO LIFEZ"
"PATRICK STEWART IS MY BUM BUDDY"

Surgey

Scholar
I found myself watching the Spike TV Video Game Awards because I was trying to find ingenius (sic) ways to commit suicide, and there was a category called "Best Cast," as in voice-acting. Oblivion got nominated, as did Family Guy and a couple others. Yeah! Oblivion had such big-name actors like Sean Bean, Patrick Stewart, and... and... er... um... well, it had that one guy from Star Wars Episode 1...

I guess having Patrick Stewart do like 3 lines makes you awesome or something. I bet there are people out there who've played Oblivion and didn't even realize Patrick Stewart did voices for it, because he has so few lines.

Texas Red

Whiner
OccupatedVoid said:
The Old Hag^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsummer wants to get rid of Community Discussion of the ESF. After that everyone will have to go to...*EEEEEEK-OMFG-NOE*...Oblivion General.

Teh Forum Post

Ah yes, the constant elitist nostalgic whining of the CD... Every now and then a topic pops out and everyone becomes a drama queen, complaining how their once-great society of artist and scientists is doomed. The real problem is the retarded moderation team which is TEStapo. All they do is prevent the members from having simple fun. I havent conversed with anyone who wasnt in the opinion that the moderators, specifically summer with a small s, should fuck away and let the people discuss whatever they want.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
OccupatedVoid said:
The Old Hag^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsummer wants to get rid of Community Discussion of the ESF. After that everyone will have to go to...*EEEEEEK-OMFG-NOE*...Oblivion General.

Teh Forum Post

Ah yes, the constant elitist nostalgic whining of the CD... Every now and then a topic pops out and everyone becomes a drama queen, complaining how their once-great society of artist and scientists is doomed. The real problem is the retarded moderation team which is TEStapo. All they do is prevent the members from having simple fun. I havent conversed with anyone who wasnt in the opinion that the moderators, specifically summer with a small s, should fuck away and let the people discuss whatever they want.
Actually, one user was spamming the forum with "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!?! *gasp*" Polls. Some around the topic of Murder.

yeah...

KreideBein

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
OccupatedVoid said:

Teh Forum Post

Actually, one user was spamming the forum with "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!?! *gasp*" Polls. Some around the topic of Murder.

yeah...

That was Zanthia. I'm still not convinced that she made all those threads for no reason in particular.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Ahzaruuk said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
OccupatedVoid said:

Teh Forum Post

yeah...

That was Zanthia. I'm still not convinced that she made all those threads for no reason in particular.
Neither do I. I can't check how many she made right now, but it was aquite a few.

KreideBein

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
KreideBein said:

yeah...

Neither do I. I can't check how many she made right now, but it was aquite a few.[/quote]

It was five, I think. All made within the span of about thirty minutes. Must be some kind of record.

Whatever the case, it looks like they'll be taking down CD. I'm pretty sure that the mods and admins have already made up their minds about it; they probably just wanted to use that thread as a heads-up to the members there that it would probably be going down.

Now we know the source material used to construct Radiant A.I.

Relamus: Relamus walked over to the camp and said "greetings"

Sij'Rath: "Hello" he said and looked at them both

Leadership Lessons 101. On what they plan to do upon obtaining the dreaded ANG3L TEER, and finally someone among them realizes what the face of stupidity looks like:

Akar'da: "I'm just telling you this,I will,whatever the price,get that tear before you"He said "Even if I have to kill you" "And once I get it,I will destroy it"

Sij'Rath: "Yea right and make the war against the orcs longer" he said "I dont think so"

Akar'da: Akar'da stood up "As I said,nobody can be trusted,and what shall happen to the tear afterwards?!"he said.

Sij'Rath: "I uess he will destroy it" he said "Or i will destroy it... if it can be destroyed"

Akar'da: "Look,do you really think the Emperor would destroy his chance to rule Nirn?"He said "Power corrupts,young one" "I wouldn't count on it"

Sij'Rath: "Well we will see" he said. "But if he goes crazy... what will happen then... how do we take it... or destroy it? It could be hard as diomands" he said

Akar'da: Akar'da sighed "Then,we must assure it will never be found"He said "Even diamonds are breakable" Akar'da laughed to himself, this was one stupid khajiit

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Ahzaruuk said:
KreideBein said:

yeah...

Neither do I. I can't check how many she made right now, but it was aquite a few.

It was five, I think. All made within the span of about thirty minutes. Must be some kind of record.

Whatever the case, it looks like they'll be taking down CD. I'm pretty sure that the mods and admins have already made up their minds about it; they probably just wanted to use that thread as a heads-up to the members there that it would probably be going down.[/quote] I don't get the idea why the Mods would want it shut down. In the way that they start to look for excuses to do it anyways.

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:
Now we know the source material used to construct Radiant A.I.

Relamus: Relamus walked over to the camp and said "greetings"

Sij'Rath: "Hello" he said and looked at them both

Leadership Lessons 101. On what they plan to do upon obtaining the dreaded ANG3L TEER, and finally someone among them realizes what the face of stupidity looks like:

Akar'da: "I'm just telling you this,I will,whatever the price,get that tear before you"He said "Even if I have to kill you" "And once I get it,I will destroy it"

Sij'Rath: "Yea right and make the war against the orcs longer" he said "I dont think so"

Akar'da: Akar'da stood up "As I said,nobody can be trusted,and what shall happen to the tear afterwards?!"he said.

Sij'Rath: "I uess he will destroy it" he said "Or i will destroy it... if it can be destroyed"

Akar'da: "Look,do you really think the Emperor would destroy his chance to rule Nirn?"He said "Power corrupts,young one" "I wouldn't count on it"

Sij'Rath: "Well we will see" he said. "But if he goes crazy... what will happen then... how do we take it... or destroy it? It could be hard as diomands" he said

Akar'da: Akar'da sighed "Then,we must assure it will never be found"He said "Even diamonds are breakable" Akar'da laughed to himself, this was one stupid khajiit

That thread is seriously beyond stupid. I just can't come up with the words to accuractly describe just how bad it is. Reading the damn thing is in itself difficult, as it requires that I copy and paste the text into an "idiot-to-english" translator. Seriously, "goed"? What the fuck is with them?

Ahzarurk said:
I don't get the idea why the Mods would want it shut down. In the way that they start to look for excuses to do it anyways.

I can't figure it out either. It seems like their problems could be solved by 1) adding a few more moderators, which isn't really a problem since they don't have to be payed, and 2) implementing a per-sub forum ban system. In other words, if a user is disruptive in one section, ban them from posting there in the future, but allow them to post elsewhere.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
2) implementing a per-sub forum ban system. In other words, if a user is disruptive in one section, ban them from posting there in the future, but allow them to post elsewhere.
Don't forget tha most PHP coders like good RPGs, so the offer of contributing some code at the ESF wouldn't be all that enticing. :)

Darkflame

Scholar
I think they should get rid of it. Either that or leave the CD forum entirely unmoderated...
Community discussion is supposed to reflect the community, isn't it?

on second thought, perhaps it's doing that too well...

Darkflame said:

Ouch.

I vote they should keep it. Not that I give two shits, but anything that makes those mods to work to clean up more horseshit, I'm for.

cutterjohn

Cipher
OccupatedVoid said:

Teh Forum Post
Well, you realize that in keeping with the spirit of making TES(and based) games more accessible to the underprivileged section o the market, that the entire forum structure at elderscrolls.com SHOULD be reduced to the single forum:
Teh Uber Oblivious Fanbois

Content would be entirely restricted to ebonics based praise, or more preferably, recorded audio comments of uberness of Oblivous, it's downloadable content, and any other item tangentially related to Bethesda Softworks, and it's parent company Zenimax Media.

I've been banned again; made an account Menno1982 and they banned it immediately, and then they accuse me of being the OTHER one.

I think I've been banned about 15 times the past two days. I give up. They win.

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:
I've been banned again; made an account Menno1982 and they banned it immediately, and then they accuse me of being the OTHER one.

Don't give in, just stop making accounts that make it obvious who you are. They didn't catch on to your alt there until you made the Menno alt, so it's obvious that you can post there as long as you don't give them some sort of reason to ban you.

KreideBein said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:

Don't give in, just stop making accounts that make it obvious who you are. They didn't catch on to your alt there until you made the Menno alt, so it's obvious that you can post there as long as you don't give them some sort of reason to ban you.

I will never give up. I am a Paladin.

I'm giving it one more shot. So far, no problems.

There's retarded, and then there's this guy:

Oblivion allows this within the confines of its engine, of its world. There is no right choice so to speak, it is your choice as a player. The path of a quest is generally set in stone, but the methods are yours to choose, but again within the confines of the world. Thats the way it is, I don't see anything wrong with that. I may prefer more consequences and multiple paths and possibilities, but the amount of time and space it would take is imeasurable, plus they still wouldn't cater for every possibility. So a Path is supplied, but how you get from point to point is what you control.

So you can walk, fast travel, or ride on your horsey from point A to B.

The future of RPG's, ladies and gentlemen.

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:

Oblivion allows this within the confines of its engine, of its world. There is no right choice so to speak, it is your choice as a player. The path of a quest is generally set in stone, but the methods are yours to choose, but again within the confines of the world. Thats the way it is, I don't see anything wrong with that. I may prefer more consequences and multiple paths and possibilities, but the amount of time and space it would take is imeasurable, plus they still wouldn't cater for every possibility. So a Path is supplied, but how you get from point to point is what you control.

I had to try really, really hard not to reply to that. Grumtheld can be quite... open when it comes to the definition of what an RPG is. But unfortunately,replying to him probably would have involved a good bit of flaming, and I'm apparently under very heavy scrutiny by the establishment over there, so I need to make sure that I don't violate their obnoxious rules.

KreideBein said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:

I had to try really, really hard not to reply to that. Grumtheld can be quite... open when it comes to the definition of what an RPG is. But unfortunately,replying to him probably would have involved a good bit of flaming, and I'm apparently under very heavy scrutiny by the establishment over there, so I need to make sure that I don't violate their obnoxious rules.

I was going to reply, but they locked it. Probably for the best though, because I would have likely been banned afterwards. He truly is delusional, and a sucker of Bethesda cock. He thinks a sequel can be ready in two years (apparently Bethesda -- and Todd Howard -- will suddenly do an about-face and no longer care about visuals). Oh, and it'll have greater writing, lore, and substance. Right...

I do think 2 years is a viable target if the game engine is left alone and the making of the next one is dedicated solely on creating a new world with greater detail in writing, lore and substance, using the same engine for gameplay.

kohla

Educated
I think they should get rid of it. Either that or leave the CD forum entirely unmoderated...

There used to be a General Discussion section before too but was taken off due to innessant spams. This was around late 2002, iirc, after Morrowind was released. Coincidently enough, there used to be a poster at the old ESF boards by the name of Unforgiven who got banned by Fredo and went on a one man war against Bethesda and Co. He even had his own forums, a la rpgcodex's Best Thread Ever, and even claimed that he got a cease and desist letter from Bethesda's lawyer because his board members were creating alt (troll) accounts at ESF! :D

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
kohla said:

There used to be a General Discussion section before too but was taken off due to innessant spams. This was around late 2002, iirc, after Morrowind was released. Coincidently enough, there used to be a poster at the old ESF boards by the name of Unforgiven who got banned by Fredo and went on a one man war against Bethesda and Co. He even had his own forums, a la rpgcodex's Best Thread Ever, and even claimed that he got a cease and desist letter from Bethesda's lawyer because his board members were creating alt (troll) accounts at ESF! :D

I tried doing that when I was banned as jimbob 11, but it kind of fell away because I had no real arguements against it.
"You were banned for being underage."
"Yes, I was underage."
"I saw a mudcrab yesterday."

EDIT: Oh God this is too good.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 5745&st=60

"I completely agree. OB is the best rpg ever. There is no sensible argument to the contrary."

EDIT: Oh God this is too good.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 5745&st=60

"I completely agree. OB is the best rpg ever. There is no sensible argument to the contrary."

I also find it amusing that these same fucks believe these discussions are pointless, yet involve themselves in EVERY fucking thread where criticism of Oblivion arises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom