Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
I don't see why people care so much about the Comunity Discussion in ESF. Go to a REAL forum! Not one in which you can't talk about politics, religion and have to be nice to every random moron that deserves to be flamed to ashes. The Comunity Discussion in ESF is crap, the only decent thing there is the comunity, but seriously if you want to talk about something other then TES, go to good forum where they talka bout things other then TES, not the ELDER SCROLLS Forums

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
I don't see why people care so much about the Comunity Discussion in ESF. Go to a REAL forum! Not one in which you can't talk about politics, religion and have to be nice to every random moron that deserves to be flamed to ashes. The Comunity Discussion in ESF is crap, the only decent thing there is the comunity, but seriously if you want to talk about something other then TES, go to good forum where they talka bout things other then TES, not the ELDER SCROLLS Forums
You also forgot about 70+ YEAR OLD MODERATORS *coughSummercough*. What kind of grandma moderate forums for free, huh?

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:
This is a review I trust:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=607514

Reason #8:

Oblivion has a score sheet saying the amount of different things you have done. The amount of jokes told, necks bitten, and people killed and so on.

I replied to the guy. It seems that the developer post in the thread is attracting more replies than the review itself, though. Speaking of which, that review was fucking awful.

Speaking of which, that review was fucking aweful.

Couldn't agree more. I replied on there also, but banned immediately afterward. Nice rebuttals, but he makes it too easy when thinking useless stats like "how many necks bitten" are one of the reasons to like a game.

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:
Speaking of which, that review was fucking aweful.

Couldn't agree more. I replied on there also, but banned immediately afterward. Nice rebuttals, but he makes it too easy when thinking useless stats like "how many necks bitten" are one of the reasons to like a game.

Ah, I think I see who you were. Didn't you post before? I wonder why they banned you for posting there...

cutterjohn

Cipher
@KreideBein
I've posted on the ESF forums now and again, although in the old days, I had my handle w/o the 42, and mainly posted in the modding section of the forums, esp. when whatshisname was doing the Roman themed mod for Morrowind.

Also had poked around under the Oblivion modding forum under my newer handle looking at the Greek island mod(IIRC), and trying to determine a method for making working sundials, although most of the posts that I will have made have long since been autodeleted.

Since then, I tend to post in some of the more idiotic threads, although not the kind that you guys tend to ... ahm ... flamebait in a manner more accessible to the average forum goer, or IOW my posts, while I might consider them to be mildly flammatory have, apparently, gone right over the official and fanbois heads. :D (Also, I had been trolling(reading, not flaming) the Oblivion mod forum again looking for items that might make Oblivion playable as I was going to mod it to hell and try again around Christmas, but since I've bogged down in NWN2 I'm going to force myself to finish that first instead, and maybe NWN1 OC too...

Still appears to have gone unnoticed, although I must admit that unless you're looking for it, it's kind of tricky to spot... :D

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I just love how the developers are treated as gods: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=607233

:lol:

OMFG!!!! Hahahahaha! From that thread:
hedavis said:
It's sad....so sad. Why can't we all get along and let these devs speak their peace w/o tearing them apart? :(
Slateman, I kneel at your feet and say to you "I'm not worthy!" You guys have really created a heck of a game and I can't wait to see what you do next.

ixg

Erudite
"they do read this forum ALLOT but they rarly poste
because when they do 50% of the time there postes get twisted and then there is more whining that they lied when they realy did not"

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THESE PEOPLE SPELL?

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
A million members, and all of them degenerate furbags.
Five million, actually.

Edit: Heh, if you think 94 pages is a lot, there are threads with page numbers n the hundreds of thousands (although these are pointless spam threads like "LETS GET TO 1 MILLION PAGES!!!111!!!)

Oblivion RELOADED:

So I gave up on Oblivion. Until a few weeks ago, when my friend started coming over and playing the game for five-ish hours a day, and inspired me to create another character of my own (Grobag the Bardbarian tongue.gif ). And since then I've been loving it. Just about every feature Morrowind had, Oblivion does better.

- The quests are superb; I can't think of an RPG with better designed quests. The Anvil recommendation in particular was very impressive (as was the guard who thrashed the Battlemages afterwards), and I liked the twist on the usual "kill the rats since you're too low level for anything else" quest.

I believe Mr. Howard said that Bethesda was "going to make the game they wanted to make" and not one the community wanted. And I'm glad they did. The technology they licensed (the face creation one in particular was a great addition), the features they added/improved... it's a game that really got everything that could possibly be licensed put in.

Everyone should just shup up and admit this is the greatest game ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom