Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://wingsandtails.tumblr.com/post/33219524615/re-this-post-about-not-coloring-in-characters

That's it.

Next time some one throws up a save-the-world-plot in my rpg, I'm gonna blow it up instead.

Oh wow, she's serious.

Her pic.

tumblr_mc8zquRBCW1qhisbjo2_1280.jpg

I expected something less... privileged white-ish.
She's transaboriginal, you insensitive prick. You should check your post for cisethnicity privilege and ableism.

This post has given the spell checker function in Opera a nice work out.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

mck

Cipher
EVERYONE STOP QUOTING THAT PICTURE HOLY FUCK I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT

Coyote

Arcane
It's, um... it's under a spoiler tag, man. You only have yourself to blame if you clicked it five times, expecting something different.

Might be reasonable to expect something different here, though. But you'd be wrong.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

One for the road.

One for the sidewalk.

You're really still clicking these. All right, fine, here you go.

yTHjD.jpg

P.S.

Machocruz

Arcane
The Renaissance artists mostly drew on buff colored paper, and guess which skin color 'buff' most resembles? They were most interested in drawing people who looked like them, and buff and pale tinted papers add to the effect.

Bleach white paper is a print standard. It provides contrast for black ink type and luminosity for thinly laid and/or transparent/translucent colored ink. The kind of white paper we have in the modern age probably wasn't even possible centuries ago, as paper was made from materials like linen. There were no chemical processes by which to make paper so white. If you wanted to make a drawing or painting surface snow white, you'd have to apply chalk based or lead based compounds like gesso (chalk, hide glue, white pigment) or Flake/lead white paint.

Champions of social justice might want to get an education before they try to lay down "how it was and how it is."

Turjan

Arcane
The Renaissance artists mostly drew on buff colored paper, and guess which skin color 'buff' most resembles? They were most interested in drawing people who looked like them, and buff and pale tinted papers add to the effect.
Eh, you do not really have to dig that deep to make that point. I mean, is your skin color bleached white? And I can ask this question without knowing what color your skin actually is. Even the skin color of "whites" is something between pink and brown.

But really, this thread is in danger of being moved to GD.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Buzzwords aplenty, arguments nowhere to be found.
I can assure you that there are non-white, non-middle class women using tumblr and getting involved in internet social justice shit. I'm not obligated to find them for you, particularly since I already linked to one days ago.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's fine, since I'm not interested in social justice 101. I would still stand by the claim that most of the utter crazies are whites on a guilt trip, but I do not care enough to do a ethnicity check.

Machocruz

Arcane
Eh, you do not really have to dig that deep to make that point. I mean, is your skin color bleached white? And I can ask this question without knowing what color your skin actually is. Even the skin color of "whites" is something between pink and brown.

Were I making that point, but I wasn't. The point is that she is wrong about history, is ignorant of the basic technical reasons for things being done the way they were and are --not that caucasians aren't actually as pale as copy paper. She really thinks she's on to something with her spiel, but it's not grounded in reality. What's next, blackboards symbolize black history being overwritten by the white man, as symbolized by chalk?

evdk

Patron
Were I making that point, but I wasn't. The point is that she is wrong about history, is ignorant of the basic technical reasons for things being done the way they were and are --not that caucasians aren't actually as pale as copy paper. She really thinks she's on to something with her spiel, but it's not grounded in reality. What's next, blackboards symbolize black history being overwritten by the white man, as symbolized by chalk?

Well, I have found this:
http://kanliforniadreams.tumblr.com/post/33665372120/why-did-schools-feel-the-need-to-switch-from

visions

Arcane
It's, um... it's under a spoiler tag, man. You only have yourself to blame if you clicked it five times, expecting something different.

When browsing with noscript on, stuff in spoiler tags displays automatically.

Angthoron

Arcane

Bleach white paper is a print standard. It provides contrast for black ink type and luminosity for thinly laid and/or transparent/translucent colored ink. The kind of white paper we have in the modern age probably wasn't even possible centuries ago, as paper was made from materials like linen. There were no chemical processes by which to make paper so white. If you wanted to make a drawing or painting surface snow white, you'd have to apply chalk based or lead based compounds like gesso (chalk, hide glue, white pigment) or Flake/lead white paint.

Champions of social justice might want to get an education before they try to lay down "how it was and how it is."
Fucking whites suppressing coloured paper and its tradition with chemical treatment.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Sometimes I put white sugar on my crêpes, and other times brown sugar. I also like blonde sugar a lot. And I feel happily racist each time.

Turjan

Arcane

*Shrug* Does it matter that she is wrong in the complicated matters if she is already wrong in the simple ones? She's just wrong.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Might be reasonable to expect something different here, though. But you'd be wrong.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

One for the road.

One for the sidewalk.

You're really still clicking these. All right, fine, here you go.

yTHjD.jpg

P.S.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom