Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Something nice, for a change.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-the-quest-for-shadow-of-the-colossuss-last-big-secret

[...]
Still, the secret-seekers did make some discoveries. Not the Last Big Secret, perhaps, but these quirky hidden features of the game are a reflection of their dedication. Someone found a beach eerily reminiscent of a similar piece of shoreline seen in Ico's closing scenes. Another player found two ponds with actual, animated fish hidden in the world. But my favourite find is the Lokis. There are birds flying all over the Forbidden Lands, and it didn't take long for players to realise that Wander could leap and grab them. But the secret-seekers found three special birds, unlike any others in the game. These giant hawks weren't tugged down by Wander's weight when players grabbed them - meaning they'd take players off on a flying, sightseeing tour of the surrounding landscape. But not, sadly, into a hidden colossus' lair.

"They were probably four or five times the size of other birds in the game," Ozzy recalls. "Their flightpath never changed, but it was exciting, and there was no doubt it was intentional. They must have been meant to be there."

It was a different set of birds that brought Ozzymandias to his clifftop, however. While other players were Agro-jumping into unintended corners of the map, many with half-finished textures and unreliable collision planes, Ozzy was convinced that, if there was a Last Big Secret to be found, then it would be uncovered by more legitimate means. What's more, he'd found a promising lead. Down at the southernmost part of the Forbidden Lands were a flock of seagulls whose flightpath, just like that of the Lokis, brought them for a tantalising moment within range of Wander's grasp. There just one problem: the player had to jump off the cliff first.

"I remember seeing them and watching them for like five minutes," Ozzy recalls, "before they'd make that split-second pass. I was watching them for an excruciatingly long time. But I knew the jump was possible. I don't know how many times I died trying to do it."

And then it happened: Ozzymanias jumped from the clifftop and grabbed a fistful of seagull on his way down. "I thought for sure it was going to take me to secret cave within which I'd find a 17th colossus that nobody had seen before," Ozzy recalls, laughing.

The bird carried Ozzy around for a short while, before his weight dragged them both to the ocean where they drowned.
[...]

In an alternate universe more awesome than ours, Kotaku is filled with this sort of article instead of rants on sexism.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35217/?

35217-1-1366860883.jpg

Probably will be nuked like a certain other classic mod.

http://skyrimdownloads.producertoolz.com/2013/03/21/cabbage-in-a-pot-skyrim-mod/

—————
FEATURES
—————
- Adds a cabbage in a pot to Riverwood
- Both cabbage and pot are fully interactive
- Can be picked up and placed somewhere else
- Full 3D models for the inventory system and the world view
- Increases realism and immersion, as well as the overall experience

much butthurt was generated

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.p...titute-the-mod-cabbage-in-a-pot-on-the-nexus/

Kitako

Arcane
I'd like to know what makes a cabbage in a pot a innopriate mod, on a site hosting troll dongs and horse vagoos

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
You can't larp fucking a cabbage. Well you can, but that's just wrong, even for Bethesda modders.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=462181&page=1

Hi, I just saw your game on kickstarter and I am worried about something, primarily because of your promotional art.

I really hate females in any game because it totally breaks the immersion, it's like being forced in real life to cross-dress. I never even considered buying Tomb Raider because of that.

So, will any class, ability, quest or anything at all be gender locked?
I don't even want to be forced to have a female companion.

Whole story concept is about a male and female apprentices, so it is an essential part of a story. You will have one male and one female charachter to role-play simultaneously.

Also, i don't really quite understand you attitude toward a female charachters, why you hate them
smile.gif

Oh crap, that's really bad news, pretty much ruined it for me.

I really wish developers would stop pandering to vulgar sexuality and heteronormativity already.
Overwhelming majority of gamers are male and only 18% played as female Shepard in Mass Effect 3, which was the most mainstream marketed game ever. Can't they take a hint from raw data already?

P.S.
I quite clearly explained why I hate them in the opening post, can't you read?
:codexisfor::codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Kirtai

Augur
I really hate females in any game because it totally breaks the immersion

wat? :lol:

Read as: I can't identify with the character who is otherwise strangling dragons with his left hand while drinking the blood of virgins with the right, if I can't make him look exactly like me.

Or read as: I'm a retarded newfag larper.
Sounds more like he's really insecure in his masculinity.

Or maybe he's just afraid he'll get cooties from playing a gurl.

Regdar

Arcane
Some people use female characters exclusively because they like their dick to be rock hard while gaming. Some people find the idea of women in full plate immersion-breaking. I don't see what's wrong with the latter.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Some people use female characters exclusively because they like their dick to be rock hard while gaming. Some people find the idea of women in full plate immersion-breaking. I don't see what's wrong with the latter.
If we were playing in realistic medieval times game(only one i could remember is mount and blade) i could see how it could be important for immersion but it's not that immersion breaking in a universes full of magic powers and monsters.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

Losers attracted to mediocre 3d models vs. Autists who shit themselves over things being 'unrealistic' even in absurd fantasy settings. Which is better and why?

Personally I have more sympathy for the autists' argument.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Fantastical elements don't need to invalidate mundane real-world physics. A setting's mundane elements are expected to function as they do in real life unless noted otherwise.

Regdar

Arcane
I think Witcher had the right idea by having women conform to gender roles - prostitutes and mages.

Even better than that, I'm pretty sure Gothic 3 didn't have any women at all.

catfood

AGAIN
I think Witcher had the right idea by having women conform to gender roles - prostitutes and mages.

There were a few female soldiers here and there but they didn't have anything interesting to say.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

There were a few female soldiers here and there but they didn't have anything interesting to say.

Thats what I call realistic portray of women in games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom