Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
It's quite interesting, and daring, to buy food from the shop across the road from my school. I'm not sure what they put in the roll and sausage, but it quite certainly lacks sausage, and probably roll. I found green meat once, and blue hair another time. It's an adventure and a meal, all in one piece.

Monica21

Scholar
Dread said:
Considering Monica21's post, it seems she might give a damn. However, I could be reading into the fact the she felt the need to post about him trolling here. Maybe not. :wink:
It's really more curiosity. I'm just wondering what the point is.

KreideBein

Scholar
Dread said:
Not sure I understand why some of the users feel the need to continually bash certain ESF Mods though.

In the case of summer, it's because she has a tendency to seemingly abuse her moderator powers to get at certain people. She has also said some absolutely idiotic things, which makes her a standard target in this thread.

Dread said:
And how do we know that is really Attrebus? :shock:

It is. I spoke to him elsewhere about it.

Dread

Novice
Monica21 said:

I see, as I am curious to try and understand the point of people making personnal attacks on someone day after day.

KreideBein said:
In the case of summer, it's because she has a tendency to seemingly abuse her moderator powers to get at certain people. She has also said some absolutely idiotic things, which makes her a standard target in this thread.

It is. I spoke to him elsewhere about it.

I still don't think that is a reason to continually make threats and namecall constantly about someone. Do you?

I know it was Attrebus, I was just trying to be funny. Striker is always about causing mischief . He is very unpredictable. :)

Monica21

Scholar
Dread said:
Monica21 said:

I see, as I am curious to try and understand the point of people making personnal attacks on someone day after day.
So, two wrongs make a right?

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
And Stri'ker was just a much cooler name.

Summer isn't exactly my favorite moderator in the world, but personal attacks are stupid, and she has taken the time to discuss my own complaints on a few occasions, which I appreaciate.

Dread

Novice
Monica21 said:
Dread said:
Monica21 said:

So, two wrongs make a right?

Of course not, but when you compare the amount of times personnal attacks are made here with the 1 post made by attrebus just seems a bit absurd to say the least. Again, I am just trying to see the point of it. But that can only be made clear by the ones who are doing it. :)

KreideBein

Scholar
Dread said:
I still don't think that is a reason to continually make threats and namecall constantly about someone. Do you?

I don't see any particular problem with a bit of name-calling when she does something annoyingly stupid, but I agree that making actual threats against her is fucking retarded. And as you can see by the replies on the last few pages of this thread, most people here agree with that.

Monica21

Scholar
Dread said:
Of course not, but when you compare the amount of times personnal attacks are made here with the 1 post made by attrebus just seems a bit absurd to say the least. Again, I am just trying to see the point of it. But that can only be made clear by the ones who are doing it. :)
I'm not saying that I necessarily care what he says, but I'm just curious why moderators are posting here. Especially when it's banned from discussion on the ESF. What's the gain for you all?

Dread

Novice
KreideBein said:
Dread said:

I don't see any particular problem with a bit of name-calling when she does something annoyingly stupid, but I agree that making actual threats against her is fucking retarded. And as you can see by the replies on the last few pages of this thread, most people here agree with that.

I am fine with that as well. People need to be able to take some name calling, as it is part of life and results from ones actions. Heck, I get PM's and Emails weekly from people just popping in to tell me I am a fucking prick or a fucking moron ect... I have no problems with any of that.

:wink:

Vipera

Scholar
Just because you moderate a particular forum doesn't prevent you from visiting the various other realms of cyberspace. Now if it was an actual job, and the Moderators posted while clocked-in...

Monica21

Scholar
Vipera said:
Just because you moderate a particular forum doesn't prevent you from visiting the various other realms of cyberspace. Now if it was an actual job, and the Moderators posted while clocked-in...
Yes, Vipera, thank you for your insight. :roll: My point is that it's a bit of "you can't say anything about us on our forum, but we'll come to yours and do whatever we want." Again, I find it a bit strange.

Dread

Novice
Monica21 said:
I'm not saying that I necessarily care what he says, but I'm just curious why moderators are posting here. Especially when it's banned from discussion on the ESF. What's the gain for you all?

I understand what you are saying. :)

Not sure why moderators or former moderators post here. ;)

I just felt like explaining something to OverrideB1 a while back, hence the reasoning for my having an account here. And it doesn't hurt to have an account at one of the many forums across the net that I lurk at when I might want to converse or participate in any discussions going on. For me it is simply being Curious, as you were earlier in this thread.

Monica21 said:
My point is that it's a bit of "you can't say anything about us on our forum, but we'll come to yours and do whatever we want." Again, I find it a bit strange.

I, We (ESF Moderators) do not make the rules over on the ESF Boards. You know that. My opinions on certain matters may or may not be the same as the people who do make the rules. Because of that, should I limit myself to the places I can go and converse with people across the internet simply because I am a Moderator at one particular place. That seems a bit strange to me.

Vipera

Scholar
You're welcome. :)

They don't make the rules, they just enforce them. If they were the ones who created the "Codex Policy" then I agree it would be hypocritical; however, because the Moderators are just doing what the brass says, I don't think it's unusual.

Monica21

Scholar
Vipera said:
You're welcome. :)

They don't make the rules, they just enforce them. If they were the ones who created the "Codex Policy" then I agree it would be hypocritical; however, because the Moderators are just doing what the brass says, I don't think it's unusual.
Everything that you just said, I already know, and it still isn't relevant to my question. You can go back to doing whatever it is you do with dolphins now.

Vipera

Scholar
Wait a moment, I'm trying to remember who was bitching about Attrebus trolling... oh, that's right. I would be otherwise engaged with my Cetacean friends, but human males have an unfortunate physiological trait called a refractory period.

Please, explain how it isn't relevant.

Monica21

Scholar
Vipera said:
Wait a moment, I'm trying to remember who was bitching about Attrebus trolling... oh, that's right. I would be otherwise engaged with my Cetacean friends, but human males have an unfortunate physiological trait called a refractory period.

Please, explain how it isn't relevant.
a) I wasn't bitching about Attrebus trolling, I merely stated that it seems like a double standard to prevent any mention of this site on the ESF, but then have ESF moderators come here to post to say basically nothing.

b) I'm well aware that people can create internet accounts and post on any forum they like.

c) I'm well aware that the moderators only enforce rules the admins make.

Please tell me how your response was relevant.

Vipera

Scholar
Using a forum that you enforce strict censorship on at another forum is not hypocritical since it's "just business." If Attrebus one day got all the Moderators together and said, "Hey guys, I don't like what these people are saying, therefore we will impose the internet's equivalent of an embargo on them. Anyone who mentions this place will be banned," then his presence here would indeed be strange. Since he doesn't make the rules I don't see where you're coming from. Perhaps you could now explain why you feel my response is irrelevant?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Admiral jimbob said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=602285&st=140

dunt let it dye

A Role Play in the ESF? That in itself is sarcastic enough. Can't wait to read the posts.
I bet there will be at least 10 people saying something like "I go to t3h castel by jumping all t3h way to it LOLZ becuz I am Erik the Jumpar!!!1111!"

OverrideB1

Scholar
Summer isn't one of my favourite ESFMods either but I'm not one of the gotta hate Summer to be cool-crowd. Personally I think she's a spavined moron who deserves to have her internet connection taken away from her before she spreads her personal brand of logic to too many people - but hey, that's just me.

I'm also intrigued why there's no insta-ban for ESFMods making accounts here or, at the very least, precious princess-type auto-titles in the time-honoured ESF tradition of "I love Oblivion" for RPGCodex. Fair is, after all, fair...

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
OverrideB1 said:
I'm also intrigued why there's no insta-ban for ESFMods making accounts here or, at the very least, precious princess-type auto-titles in the time-honoured ESF tradition of "I love Oblivion" for RPGCodex. Fair is, after all, fair...

Because we are not ESF. :|

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
JarlFrank said:
Admiral jimbob said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=602285&st=140

dunt let it dye

A Role Play in the ESF? That in itself is sarcastic enough. Can't wait to read the posts.
I bet there will be at least 10 people saying something like "I go to t3h castel by jumping all t3h way to it LOLZ becuz I am Erik the Jumpar!!!1111!"

Ha, you don't know the half of it. Look through this thread for "The Angel Tears". Furry sex, Volourn, two-line posts, and Stopp that poisen make it a treat for the eyes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom