Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Those lists are there just to farm pageviews & ad money, you have to load 50 pages just to see the names... they are clearly not worried with quality.

Butt Rhetler

Learned
I am really, really annoyed right now. Over the past three weeks I have struggled to play this game, and every time I thought I had it, that I could just forget about installing mods or messing with the config file some new issue would rear its ugly head and I'd be back on the Internet reading arcane gibberish written by brilliant twelve year olds (well that's what mod readmes seem like to me).

I am heartbroken by this game, it could have been the best game ever. No hyperbole, this is the kind of virtual world I used to dream about when I was a little kid talking about what games would be like in the future. It could be, but it really isn't because instead of spending time in that amazing virtual world that you have created I'm having to go online every couple of hours looking for console commands and mods to do basic things like give me a proper inventory menu.

I own both Morrowind and Oblivion and I was initially blown away by the changes you had made to the character system and the more mature, realistic tone of the game, and I've got to hand it to you Bethesda, you learned a lot from your mistakes in Oblivion and it really does seem like you listened to the fans. It was all for nothing though. I can't like you, I can't forgive you for the hours and hours of frustration I have faced. This game is way buggier than Oblivion of Morrowind. Broken quests everywhere, and these issues are known because modders are fixing them before you do. It isn't good enough.

I love the deep, detailed imaginary world you have created in these games, and it's really sad to have to leave but I just can't handle the stress any more. Every time I think I've won a robe disappears or a quest marker points to the wrong location or... well I'm sure you know. I KNOW that you KNOW about these issues. Then I come here to complain (which I never wanted to happen, when I first tried the game I was going to play it to death then come on here and give praise and constuctive criticism) and I discover that instead of fixing these glaring issues you're releasing expansions which will create new bugs and you'll never get around to fixing them.

I give up. I want my money back. Not from the retailer that sold me the game, it isn't their fault. I want it back from YOU. In the unlikely event that someone actually takes me seriously (and I am dead serious) I will provide details of my Steam account to board administrators to prove I paid money for a legal copy of your unfinished game, and I don't want it anymore.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/14...mbly-required/page__p__21788975#entry21788975

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
66400_o.gif

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I'm shocked that morrowind is higher than skyrim.

What now, nords.

Kitako

Arcane
Brace yourself, Mass Effect 4 it's coming.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/an-update-from-bioware-montreal/

yanick_headshot-200x300.jpg

That evolution now takes its next step, with the news that the next Mass Effect game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. This is the goal we have been working toward for years now, and every member of our team is proud, excited, and humbled to take on the responsibility for the next game.
To ensure a proper and effective transition, we’ll continue to be supported by the Edmonton studio through the game’s development, working with and learning from them on some critical initiatives. On top of that, Casey remains the Executive Producer, but he will have a Project Director under him, working in Montreal, leading our development team and making day-to-day decisions for the game. We all care very much about Mass Effect and make our decisions based on what’s best for the game.
There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite as its foundation, enhanced by many of the systems that the Dragon Age III team has already spent a lot of time building.
The other thing I can tell you is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both on the gameplay and story fronts. You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.
Now that the core of our team is in place, the next step for us is to have the BioWare Montreal studio grow at an accelerated pace over the next year as we build a team large enough to support the production of what we know is going to be an amazing game in the franchise. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, keep an eye on our job postings. We’re always looking for talented and passionate people, but it is more the case now than ever!
We’re all looking forward to telling you more about this next Mass Effect game, but it’s probably going to be quite a while before you hear from us again. We know you have high expectations for the franchise and we want to make sure whatever we show you lives up to those expectations.
Thank you all for your interest and your passion,
Yanick
Studio Director – BioWare Montreal
@YanickRRoy

:yeah:

DraQ

Arcane
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/11/the-50-best-pc-games-of-all-time/eveonline#gallery

Considering the recent posts in this thread, this is actually "lite derp", but it's still the most retarded list I've ever seen, even though it includes Fallout 1, Ultima Underworld 2 and Beyond Good & Evil.

I mean, they can't even get many of the game titles right.
:what:
It's all over the fucking scale.

For example - it has FO1 as well as SW:TOR.
:retarded:
Also, at least 2 duplicates.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
To see just how horrible popular gaming media is? Top 50 lists means they have 50 different games to give an uneducated opinion on, giving maximum probability for something incredibly stupid to appear.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
All it takes to see how horrible popular gaming media is is a <5 second look at the main page of any popular game site, <2 seconds if you have adblock off. Reading a top 100 list, or any other article for that matter? Unnecessary.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
that list may even have been procedurally generated r00fles

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I'm a freelance writer whose work has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The New Republic, IGN.com, Wired and more. I cover social games, video games, technology and that whole gray area that happens when technology and consumers collide

Remember kids, you can't spell IGNorance without IGN.
Also makes me wonder if IGN's an acronym for "Imbecile's Gaming Network"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom