Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

Lumpy

Arcane
Data4 said:
Lumpy, you realize of course that you're defending the enemy in the eyes of the Gothic forum community, right? I'm sure it'd be the same way if you talked shit about Oblivion while fawning all over the Gothic 3 screenshots at the ESF. Don't expect to actually be able to win over anyone. :D

-D4
No, it wouldn't be the same. From the time I've spent there, I've seen that that's a very immature forum, with idiotic, abusive moderators, and few intelligent posters.

Data4

Arcane
LOL! I always lose respect for anyone speaking as an authority that cannot be bothered to type Y-O-U. In fact, I've come up with a mental image of some slack-jawed retard typing with only his index fingers every time I see that, and whatever argument the offender is trying to put forth is totally invalidated.

You know what they say about impressions being everything...

-D4

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, you're just too h4rdc0r3 for them. And the mods seem to use RAI, too - rules for RAndom Intervention.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Misterhamper said:
Do you need to read a manual an hour or two to know what the differance between axes and blunted weapon is? Maybe you don't know what a spear is, or what the differance between pauldrons and cuirass is? Maybe you also need to read alot to learn the differance between left gauntlets and right gauntlets, while thinking "Good lord i don't have to read such long manuals to equip a robe over my armour"...

I like this guy. I still fondly remember the manual that came with SimEarth. :D

[claps]

El Dee

Scholar
i like RPG's as much as any of you but i understand that my friends dont like how deep they must get just to play them, thats why i respect bethesda's decision to take TES into the mainstream
Most of my friends are 'mainstream' gamers that go in for the shooters, sports, and racing games and that's fine with me- more power to them. They in turn realize I'm a 'nerdy' gamer that prefers RPGs and strategy games. In no way do I think an RPG or any game should be dumed down so that my friends can enjoy it. They stick to their's, I stick to mine. Live and let live, etc.

HardCode

Erudite
whitemithrandir said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=370423

haha, this is fucking amazing.

That thread starter is the epitome of ADHD. He should do Ritalin ads.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=346604

"If an RPG is defined by limitless moral choices, then unfortunately no RPG out there will be good enough to be considered an RPG."

RPG to some people are stigmatized to be more like pen and paper RPG. Where I get the poison mushroom and sell it, eat it, make a potion out of it, or toss (which you could probably do in Oblivion). This sort of RPG snobbery is pathetic akin to a fourty year old man going through a mid-life crisis who buys a sports car to feel cool again. GET A LIFE! If not a life, spend your precious time playing your Heaven Sent RPG you supposed cannot stop playing, instead of complaining and moaning on a forum like some insecure, low-self esteem, nerdy (not geeky, geeks are way better than that) lamer."

can spmeone tear this childs post apart?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
"Turn-Based combat on Oblivion?"

ESF Retard said:
"While I realize for many turn based combat may be undesirable for some it is enjoyable especially in an rpg.

I have little familiarity with mods and modding though recently I felt I had put enough time into MW to start using some mods and it is easy enough.

It seems that this is something improbable to mod in but that's why I'm asking. Thoughts?"

And the first comment in the thread:

Makes Frankie Look Smart said:
"NEVER, turn based combat is evil.... and I hat it with a burning passion if a thousand suns"

NOTE: Spelling kept intact.

Thread itself gets better and better. I think it's almost on par with the "Make mods work on 360 or ELSE" thread.

User was nabbed fit

Standing at the edge of the TES Forums' gene pool, barrel of clorox in hand. Should I pour slowly, or quickly?

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Mix Clorox with ammonia, vineger, baking soda(to spread the fumes) and finallly arsenic.
(the ammonia should be mixed with the vinegar and the arsenic should be mixed into the baking soda, as to prevent premature activation. pour into barrel)
Throw the barrel in and run like hell!

I was that dude who made the ammonia bombs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom