Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate BG3 Blurb Contest

Alphons

Cipher
Baldur's Gate III is the Dark Souls of RPG games.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Something like:
Inclusive turn-based mode changes the franchaise forever. Neckbeard elitist fans seethe all around the world. Future of cRPGs: No spacebar!.
but written in this dumb style vidya game journos are using. I can't do it, it requires too much effort :(. Feel free to use this award-worthy draft for your own entry.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"The game manages to walk a fine line between satisfying fans of old-school dungeon crawls as well as updating its formula and story to modern standards."

pomenitul

Arbiter
Dungeons & Dragons at its unquestionable best!*

*Terms and conditions apply: free illithid tadpole to be implanted into player's brain before playthrough.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
"I was a fan of the original Baudelaire's Gate, but you gotta admit, those venerable sprites have ran their lives' due course. Let them rest in peace. Not it is time for something truly magical, a fully 3d rendered Bee Gate - what could you ask for more?"

Baldur's Gate III is the Dark Souls of RPG games.

Fucking hell, I wish

Something like "Offers deep tactical combat" is obvious, but with the terrified addition which will amount to "that can be played at your own pace" ; something to make sure it's accessible. "It may look intimidating at first, but worry not, the game will pull you in with its fun dynamics and incredible animations"

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
DnD with none of the tedium.
DnD with none other than the tedium.

3 does not stand for 3rd in a series. It sets itself apart in mechanics, graphics and writing in a way that classics of old were never able to achieve. As such '3' should be read as edgy 'E', Baldurs Gate Empowered, Enhanced, Eclectic...

Baldur's Gate Eurojanked

Elex

Arbiter
“LARIAN MANAGED TO REVITALIZE THE CLASSIC BEAMDOG FORMULA WITH A MODERN TWIST AND A AAA BUDGET DELIVERING A CRITICAL HIT ON THE HEART OF THE OLD BALDUR’S GATE FANS!”

Ialda

Learned
"Baldur 3, where you start the game with a piece of the Big Bad inside of you. Are you ready for more ?"

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Baldurs Gate 3.... Turn based combat with a story slightly worse than Siege of Dragonspear.

Aemar

Arcane
Baldur's Gate 3: Because We Couldn't Obtain the Rights for Leisure Suit Larry.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The tabletop rpg experience of tomorrow, today!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom