Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So why the scene with the couple at the start? Why is Elizabeth analyzing the bathroom situation?
If racism was left in the background sure... but it's brought forward in retarded scenes like that, trying to stir emotional engagement or w/e. They even stick out like sore thumbs, gives the impression someone had to fill a quota. Slaughter, slaughter, slaughter, racism is bad mkay?, slaughter, slaughter, slaughter...

I didn't take the racism stuff as posing any questions. It seemed to me it was just saying "hey this shit was fucked up in 1912." Racism was actually a pretty minor aspect of the game, thankfully. I assumed you would join the Black Panther equivalent and rise up for social justice instead of escaping as the big plot of the game but instead that whole rebellion became a footnote as well and they rather intelligently made the social commentary of power corrupts absolutely instead of silly romantic portrayals of revolutionaries.

The story has a lot of faults but that isn't one of them.

Angthoron

Arcane
So I visited The Guardian today, bros, and you know what I find? A book chart. You know what it says? It says this:

This week's bestsellers

1. 1. BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide £15.99
  2. 2. Sam 2010 Assessment, Training, and Projects V2.0 Printed Acc £36.00
  3. 3. Rough Guide to the Best iPhone and iPad Apps £3.99
  4. 4. Art of BioShock Infinite by Ken Levine £23.99
  5. 5. Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier £14.00
Did you guys know you need a 16 GBP book of strategy for a linear corridor shooter with zero replayability? Now you know.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I visited The Guardian today, bros, and you know what I find? A book chart. You know what it says? It says this:

This week's bestsellers

Did you guys know you need a 16 GBP book of strategy for a linear corridor shooter with zero replayability? Now you know.

It contains instructions on how to create a DIY Elizabeth waifu pillow.

Angthoron

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

It contains instructions on how to create a DIY Elizabeth waifu pillow.
Does it include a linear tunnel experience with a guilt-inducing twist (you were screwing a pillow all this time!) ending?

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

Maybe there is a Limited Edition of Bioshock Infinite that isnt a linear corridor shooter, and that is the edition that the games journos were praising to high heaven.

Angthoron

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

Maybe there is a Limited Edition of Bioshock Infinite that isnt a linear corridor shooter, and that is the edition that the games journos were praising to high heaven.
Bioshock: Limited, the opposite of Bioshock: Infinite?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

This week's bestsellers

1. BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide £15.99

Oh boy...

Angthoron

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferbosier/2013/04/10/the-art-of-bioshock-infinite-art-book-review/

Writer: Julian Murdoch
Released: March 27, 2013
Price: $39.99
Rating: 10/10

To be fair, it's an artbook.

Angthoron

Arcane
2013-04-10_09-39-43.jpg

Disproportionate body, 4 fingers (instead of 4 and a half) etc.

"Woman Carrying an Invisible Sack"

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
i know smut drawers who do better work. for free

retardation

Learned

This week's bestsellers

I don't know if you are joking, but that's not true:

http://www.guardianbookshop.co.uk/BerteShopWeb/home.do

Even if it was, I believe Bioshock art by Ken Levine is better than "50 Shades of Grey" and "Delicate Truth"

Gelbvieh

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

This week's bestsellers

3. 3. Rough Guide to
  4. Art of BioShock Infinite by Ken Levine £23.99
  5. the Best iPhone and iPad Apps £3.99
  6. 5. Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier £14.00
Maybe this game will be profitable after all.
Edit: http://www.guardianbookshop.co.uk/BerteShopWeb/customPage.do?CMSFragment=BestSellers.jsp

What list were you looking at? :troll:

Angthoron

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

I don't know if you are joking, but that's not true:

http://www.guardianbookshop.co.uk/BerteShopWeb/home.do

Even if it was, I believe Bioshock art by Ken Levine is better than "50 Shades of Grey" and "Delicate Truth"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/apr/15/yannis-mallat-ubisoft-interview - check the right-hand list. It may list "Gaming relevance", or who the hell knows what the logic behind it is.

Gelbvieh

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hoo-ee, ya gotta post fast 'round hurr.
2013-04-10_09-40-39.jpg

Still urked by how badly this guy was shoehorned into the final game. Columbia's security cameras indeed, all 4 of them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Point cursor on head, click, BOOM, headshot, visceral head explosion. You need alot of strategy for that.:lol:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
"If you couldn't piece it together yourself, that big, glowing, conveniently unshielded spot in the Handyman's chest is a weak point."

I'm going to write a strategy guide as well, then sell it for 10 euro, thus undercutting the official strategy guide and becoming rich.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This game was never about racism, and people who mistake Levine's setting the game in a racist era for him wanting to make a game about racism are doing themselves a disservice.
So why the scene with the couple at the start? Why is Elizabeth analyzing the bathroom situation?
If racism was left in the background sure... but it's brought forward in retarded scenes like that, trying to stir emotional engagement or w/e. They even stick out like sore thumbs, gives the impression someone had to fill a quota. Slaughter, slaughter, slaughter, racism is bad mkay?, slaughter, slaughter, slaughter...
The big problem is that, there is a huge portion of the game without any interesting happening, the shooting is boring and the plot even more boring. It is only let's show some social issue in a retarded way. People say that the social issues are only a background thing but you can only say something happen on the background when something more important is happening at the same, this is not the case, it is almost impossible to walk 5 m without hearing some civillian/villain saying or watching some form of extreme racism/fundamentalist/nacionalistic/elitism when you aren't shooting dudes. The impression I got is that the people in Columbia put the nazis on shame in term of nationalistic/racism fanatism. It isn't see how the worker life is hard, no, no, no, all the Fink factory have to be a fucking hell to the workers and you have too see a fucking huge golden statue of Fink... yeah, it is a background thing when you are bombarded with it all the time. It is racism/elitism OVERLOAD all the time. I just found that racist/fundamentalist propaganda very boring. I just thought at the time: When something remotely interesting is going to happen again?

aris

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

:lol: followed by "Rough guide to the best iphone and ipad apps"

DeepOcean

Arcane

This week's bestsellers

:lol: followed by "Rough guide to the best iphone and ipad apps"
Rough? Then this thing can't even be used as toilet paper.:decline:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ken Levine said:
During development of BioShock Infinite, we realized that the ideas we had were too interesting, too... too good. So we decided to scale them back. We didn't want to have too much of an influence on the industry all at once, right? And we think our gamers are happier for it that they have something more to look forward to.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ken Levine said:
During development of BioShock Infinite, we realized that the ideas we had were too interesting, too... too good. So we decided to scale them back. We didn't want to have too much of an influence on the industry all at once, right? And we think our gamers are happier for it that they have something more to look forward to.
Peter Moulineux, Jr.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom