Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness releasing on March 17th

Norfleet

because each battle is meant to be part of a larger adventure, and you have to carefully manage your resources
"Carefully manage", as any veteran gamer knows, is a euphemism for "never use". Just ask anyone with their hoard of unused potions. If, for any battle, you are meant to be able to beat it without using that special resource, because there's no way to guarantee that player will have it, then we can prove by induction that EVERY battle is meant to be beaten without it. Therefore, potions are for scrubs. Git gud, scrub.

This game is so empty...why bother having a tooltip button if there are so few objects/NPCs to interact with ?

There's no excuse for this.

When I click on one of the numerous beggars, nothing.

To compare, yesterday playing Wartales, I clicked on a beggar. He asked for money. I tried to give him 10 bucks.
He stole 20 from me and skipped town.
I caught up with him later by accident outside town, he begged for my forgiveness.
I killed him and got my money back.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I thought I'd be happy seeing a game not be in EA for eternity (I'm looking at you Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon) but I'm hoping this isn't getting rushed out the door. They have my money anyways so we'll see how it goes.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought this on sale but decided not to play until the proper release. I say it will be good, it will be incline, we will enjoy it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
o compare, yesterday playing Wartales, I clicked on a beggar. He asked for money. I tried to give him 10 bucks.
I caught up with him later by accident outside town, he begged for my forgiveness.

Wartales looks like a better version of Battle Brothers, is it any good? I see the reviews are very positive

DY050503

Educated
Bugs are always a big problem for new games to gain customers, wish you deal good with it~

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
o compare, yesterday playing Wartales, I clicked on a beggar. He asked for money. I tried to give him 10 bucks.

Wartales looks like a better version of Battle Brothers, is it any good? I see the reviews are very positive

There's a few codexian first impressions on the Wartales thread. It is like Battle Brothers with a few new features, but combat is IMO inferior and there's a lot of work that needs to be done.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't think people consider it better, but it is certainly more adapted for people that have legs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom