Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey" - coming August 20th

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does look amazing but it's a Chink studio AND it's their first game. Will prolly buy this too but I'll be VERY aware of those first two hours on Steam.

Suicidal

Arcane
I'm very interested in this game, but I'm also skeptical. These sorts of games are heavily reliant on subtle details like responsiveness of the controls, the way animations flow into one another, hit detection - things that are not immediately apparent from watching videos and these are the things less experienced developers usually have difficulty with.

Not.AI

Learned
This game looks great. Seems like a very talented team, they have a pretty funny yt channel.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm very interested in this game, but I'm also skeptical. These sorts of games are heavily reliant on subtle details like responsiveness of the controls, the way animations flow into one another, hit detection
And level design and itemization and character development.

Or things you only realize in time. Like when I played Lies of P and 10 hours in realized the combat pisses me off more than usual.

At first sight tho it looks fantastic.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems lik hit impact is lacking. Still looks pretty dope other than that, but I don't know if I can handle a Sekiro-like.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
From some of the boss fight seems it's not actually a "Sekiro" like? Those Dragons in the video are mostly beaten just by dodging

Machocruz

Arcane
The regular run animation is weird, like he's underwater. He's leaning into it but his legs are cycling very slowly. Even the full sprint...I could beat this chimp in a race easily.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
BS1vUYy.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Seems lik hit impact is lacking. Still looks pretty dope other than that, but I don't know if I can handle a Sekiro-like.

I only skimmed through the videos but so far i'm not seeing how this is supposed to be like Sekiro at all.

Seems like a mix between Souls and Monster Hunter. I was checking out the fight with the double mace guy and the boss movements are super easy to read, and once he stops that's when you get to perfom combos and stuff. Other parts of the videos shows bosses have parts of their bodies you can hit for extra damage or to knock them out etc.

cruel

Cipher
Infinitron - can you please move this thread into JRPG section? It seems it belongs there, with Sekiro, Nioh, Monster Hunter and others. Thanks.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I only skimmed through the videos but so far i'm not seeing how this is supposed to be like Sekiro at all.

Seems like a mix between Souls and Monster Hunter. I was checking out the fight with the double mace guy and the boss movements are super easy to read, and once he stops that's when you get to perfom combos and stuff. Other parts of the videos shows bosses have parts of their bodies you can hit for extra damage or to knock them out etc.

Yeah certainly not a Sekiro Clone, most boss fight we see so far is more akin to the older Souls Like (Demon/Dark) with clear pattern, no bullshit bait animation instead of Sekiro

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This is certainly taking a turn.

The situation with Black Myth: Wukong is disgusting. They cite IGN and consulting companies such as SBI as part of a shakedown racket of 7 MILLION in fees. Here's how it all works, as SBI Founder Kim Belair explains:

"If they don't see the value of what you're asking for, for when you ask for consultants...and just terrify them with the possibility of what's going to happen if they don't give you what you want."

Here is the whole web of people who support each other and make this shakedown happen:

Sweet Baby Inc. - "Hire us or else."

Reporters - Support the racket by writing hit piece articles, and run defense for the consulting companies. Play down the racket as a conspiracy theory.

Alyssa Mercante - Writes hit piece on @kabrutusrambo for exposing Sweet Baby's long list of ruined games.

Rebekah Valentine - Defends Alyssa and writes hit piece article on Wukong, leading to the shakedown.

Jason Schreier - Gaslights you when it is all exposed, saying it's a "Hallucination" and isn't happening.

It sure seems like its all part of a multi-million dollar racket. In fact, DEI and DEI consulting is a HUGE industry (see my post about the Activision Blizzard report). They call us Grifters but they are the ones making bank.

Wukong directly cites the @IGN hit piece article by Rebekah Valentine, as well as companies similar to Sweet Baby Inc, as being behind the 7 Million dollar extortion attempt.

Remember, kids - can't have attractive women in your games.

Spike

Educated
This is certainly taking a turn.

The situation with Black Myth: Wukong is disgusting. They cite IGN and consulting companies such as SBI as part of a shakedown racket of 7 MILLION in fees. Here's how it all works, as SBI Founder Kim Belair explains:

"If they don't see the value of what you're asking for, for when you ask for consultants...and just terrify them with the possibility of what's going to happen if they don't give you what you want."

Here is the whole web of people who support each other and make this shakedown happen:

Sweet Baby Inc. - "Hire us or else."

Reporters - Support the racket by writing hit piece articles, and run defense for the consulting companies. Play down the racket as a conspiracy theory.

Alyssa Mercante - Writes hit piece on @kabrutusrambo for exposing Sweet Baby's long list of ruined games.

Rebekah Valentine - Defends Alyssa and writes hit piece article on Wukong, leading to the shakedown.

Jason Schreier - Gaslights you when it is all exposed, saying it's a "Hallucination" and isn't happening.

It sure seems like its all part of a multi-million dollar racket. In fact, DEI and DEI consulting is a HUGE industry (see my post about the Activision Blizzard report). They call us Grifters but they are the ones making bank.

Wukong directly cites the @IGN hit piece article by Rebekah Valentine, as well as companies similar to Sweet Baby Inc, as being behind the 7 Million dollar extortion attempt.

Remember, kids - can't have attractive women in your games.

I cannot believe this and how deep it goes. Great that it just keeps coming out. It's vile. The truth being set free is so, so sweet. I might pre-order this now to support devs with balls.

cruel

Cipher
Oh, another anti DEI company? Only one simple answer to this - game preordered.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom