Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Turd

Ermm

Erudite
I will spread turdcancer here:

9/11/01 was the saddest day for most americans, but 11/9/10 will be the best for most console/pc gamers, lets thumb this up so people will remember the lost americans.

this ga...oh wait(caPS ON)...ME WILL BE FUCKING AWESOME

HEY LOOK ANOTHER INFITIYWORD DOUCHEBAG/CUNT who thinks hes cool by yelling out something comepletely erelvent to the vid stupid cunt go die

Dot its people like u who only get on to seem smart i mean have u played this game yet no so u can say eny games better then it

THUMBS UP IF YOU THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT AN EMINEM SONG

jazzythegreateast ur a fucking dumbass the music in this vid sucks

trayarch is that much gayer because the took out quickscoping

fuk quickscoping its 4 pussys

ol wtf i think that the president was jfk. LOL :/

I have this game its not very good, its average nthe story is incredibly far fetched. ur a guy trapped on a chair being interrogated by an unknown group. In the beginning u start off in Cuba n kill Castro only to find out you killed his double and like they capture you. Then you talk to Kennedy, in the USA then end up in Russia. lmao. OH THEY PLAY QUIMBARA FROM CELIA CRUZ IN THE BEGGINING WHICH I HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS ABOUT I HOPE YOU PPL REALIZE THE GIANT OF A SINGER SHE WAS TO SPANISH CULTURE

Oligarch

Educated
Sceptic is officialy a retard.
You really care about this shit?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oligarch said:
Sceptic is officialy a retard.
You really care about this shit?
Of course I do. That's why I'm not even downloading the game :smug:

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
I think I just choked on spooge, considering the amount of cocksucking happening in this thread. Or tears. I can never tell which one.

It's actually not bad. Just play Barebones Pure, where there's none of the whacko killstreak shit and it's somewhat good.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Game is laggy for me in all but the lowest settings. It's the same old CoD gameplay. What does set it apart so far is that the missions have been really intense so far. Escape a Soviet labor/death camp through an inmate uprising, execute Castro, infiltrate a Soviet missile basis and then blow up a big ass Soljuz missile as it takes off. The missions feel like they show the action part of a Bruckheimer movie. So far they are a lot more fun than the latest Medal of Honor and Modern Warfare offered. These games are all about the setpieces they have and this game delivers.

And once again Skyway show that he is a graphics whore.

MetalCraze

Arcane
But I am a graphics whore. Besides if a shooter can't offer anything else than a linear corridor with neverending cutscenes every 100m make it at least look nice.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Major bugs are long gone.

Also I'd take a buggy piece of shit that has infinitely superior AI and gameplay over this any day. And hey OFP's campaign dumps CoD with ease.

It's really amazing how a completely scripted AI can be so ridiculously bad. Glitches that happen rarely in ArmA2 like enemy running past an enemy without one noticing the other are understandable in a 100% dynamic AI environment. But when AI in CoD does that in very tight corridors all the time, where everything is on absolutely straight rails, it's ridiculous.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MetalCraze said:
Glitches that happen rarely in ArmA2 like enemy running past an enemy without one noticing the other are understandable in a 100% dynamic AI environment. But when AI in CoD does that in very tight corridors all the time, where everything is on absolutely straight rails, it's ridiculous.
The new MoH was just horrible at this. I stopped counting the times one of my "allies" would run up to an enemy, with me close on his heels... then he'd just run past the enemy without shooting him, while said enemy lobs a grenade right ABOVE ally's head and into my face.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Untitled.jpg

Any game that has Fortunate son and Sympathy For The Devil playing during battle scenes is cool in my book.

CrimHead

Scholar
The only good COD games were COD1 (when it was still fresh and new. British Bomber level+Stalingrad were pretty amazing) and Modern Warfare. Everything else is just a gigantic MEH

Also: in before Skyway bitches about above pic's graphics

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Trash said:
Game is laggy for me in all but the lowest settings. It's the same old CoD gameplay. What does set it apart so far is that the missions have been really intense so far. Escape a Soviet labor/death camp through an inmate uprising, execute Castro, infiltrate a Soviet missile basis and then blow up a big ass Soljuz missile as it takes off. The missions feel like they show the action part of a Bruckheimer movie. So far they are a lot more fun than the latest Medal of Honor and Modern Warfare offered. These games are all about the setpieces they have and this game delivers.

And once again Skyway show that he is a graphics whore.

It's a processor issue, the game fucks them into submission. After starting the game go to your task manager and put Steam's priority to "low" and Black Ops' priority to "high"... that makes it playable for me.

As for the game... SLOW MOTION JFK.

Tycn

Savant
SP is fine for me with Q6600 and 9600GT but is a 5 hour popamole that is vastly inferior to CoD4. MP lags like a motherfucker but a few tweaks almost completely resolves those issues. Wager Matches are definitely the best thing they've introduced but it can be difficult to get into a server.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
MetalCraze said:
Major bugs are long gone.

Also I'd take a buggy piece of shit that has infinitely superior AI and gameplay over this any day. And hey OFP's campaign dumps CoD with ease.
Indeed. But I would still say that it is unfair to compare the two, one of them is an ambitious and daring tactical shooter while the other is a console kiddie rail shooter that require less thinking than a movie.
CoD manages to do what it sets out for, even if it aims to be a really huge turd, it does it well.
Expecting much more than a bleak shitty port is masochistic.
Still, one could question our fellow members taste in games.
As the last bastion of thinking gamers with class we have many who plays Black Ops.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Benobot99
4 hours ago

Wow, the graphics on the people suck shit, maybe Ps2 standards, no joke. Halo Reach's player graphics are a LOT better. (Go ahead and troll me you mainstream fucks, I don't care). (And in Reach, you have Forge, Theatre, and Great Campaign, Firefight, and LIVE. On here, you have good graphics on everything except the people, nazi zombies, and a lot of people online, who cares. :l

:bounce:

DixieComic
4 hours ago

Why won't my cat let me molest it with a pitchfork?

:thumbsup: So this is the kind of people we dealing with

Multi-headed Cow

This game is super fucked up on multiplayer for PC. Not only is there massive jerky lag on all servers, there are a bunch of commands that SHOULD exist on a PC game and don't, like joining a server by IP. Or changing teams. Yes, you can't change teams, and it doesn't even have MW2's matchmaking system so you could party up with your friends to always stay on the same team. MW2's lack of dedicated servers had way less issues than this right now.

Hopefully they'll fix it up because it's a hot mess right now.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Jack said:
Still, one could question our fellow members taste in games.
As the last bastion of thinking gamers with class we have many who plays Black Ops.

Ahahahahahaa. Oh wow, those newfags keep amazing me. Games are entertainment kiddo. Sometimes you want a popcorn flick, sometimes War and Peace. Now take that unfounded elitist attitude and stick it someplace dark.

MetalCraze

Arcane
CrimHead said:
Also: in before Skyway bitches about above pic's graphics

I don't need to bitch about it. Low res textures and devs trying to cover the absolute lack of objects but chooper by dust textures say it all.

It's pretty funny though that according to Treyarch 'Nam is a burned out desert

Jack said:
Indeed. But I would still say that it is unfair to compare the two, one of them is an ambitious and daring tactical shooter while the other is a console kiddie rail shooter that require less thinking than a movie.

I agree. But it wasn't me who started it.

CoD manages to do what it sets out for, even if it aims to be a really huge turd, it does it well.
Not really. I can't imagine how anyone can find a game fun that puts the player completely on rails in an absolutely linear corridor where literally moving 10 meters to the left or right from the scripted path (even when it's a fucking open area) leads to the "YOU FAILED!!" game over screen. And QTEs - press this very button and nothing else at this very moment or "YOU FAILED!!". And cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes. And popamole gameplay except from first person perspective. And also neverending respawn of enemies which is a cheapest trick a dev can come up with in a shooter together with regen.

I mean CoD1 was heavily scripted corridor shooter too but it wasn't limiting player in every single possible way (hell even CoD2 didn't) down to disabling the ability to select weapons because the dev just wants you to shoot shit with a handgun.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
And once again he spews the same old bullshit about games he has only seen in screenshots and youtube shorts. Lame. Especially that little Nam looks like a burned out desert jibe shows just how prejudiced and clueless you are.

SoupNazi

I like how he says 'Nam as if he was a 'Nam war veteran.

edit: on a side note, apparently Fidel is butthurt about the fact that you can try and kill his young self in the game. Way to troll, Treyarch. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom