Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Turd

Felix

Arcane
I bet that is Khe Sanh in that screenshot.

I heard the NVA in this game speak southern accent, wtf ?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
And once again he spews the same old bullshit about games he has only seen in screenshots and youtube shorts. Lame. Especially that little Nam looks like a burned out desert jibe shows just how prejudiced and clueless you are.

What makes you butthurt is that I'm correct?
Lawl press LMB to drive and the fucking car rides and turns on its own while you just hold a single button :lol:
How much lower can next-gen go after this?

And yep 'Nam is burned out desert at Khe Sanh - prove me wrong. 2D sprite mountains in the background are also lulzy - and that's in 2010.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All complaints about the linear popamole aspect of the game aside (which is true and accurate but then just don't fucking play it and stop whining) this game game is not great. The main thing about it that bugs me is a simple lack of polish. Say what you will about the brain-dead plot of Modern Warfare 2 and the pacing issues compared to MW1, but the game felt like a slick 100 million dollar project. Black Ops has tons of little moments, areas and objectives that feel rough around the edges and cumbersome.

One example is the barrels mentioned in some reviews. The game leads you around like a blind man most of the time with clear objectives a retard could understand, but then all of a sudden in one level you are shooting endlessly spawning troops with no guidance or direction. Ends up you are supposed to run up to some barrels and kick them, but no one told you to do that and the objective marker is not on it. Similarly it is often telling you to follow someone endlessly, but then that person will sometimes stop out of nowhere. You might sit and wait a while, then get frustrated and run ahead, only to find out the AI stopped so you would walk into a cutscene, but if you were actually following them and stopped when they stopped it would not trigger. Another time I had to try a jump 10 times before the cutscene triggered at the bottom of it.

I usually do not like such linear and scripted games but I like the Call of Duty series because they are SO well presented and manufactured. Treyarch though, bless 'em, just don't have the talent to do it like Infinity Ward did. Maybe I have just had a rougher time of it by happenstance, but I am just not feeling the same polish with this game, same as World at War before it. I know a lot of reviews are praising the singleplayer, but I really think that has more to do with the actual story than it does the gameplay, which is crap compared to MW1 and 2.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
You know someone is boring and predictable when you have his exact response sussed before he even posts it.

I agree. But it wasn't me who started it.

lol, you stuck your ugly, fat, bucktooth, dumbass motherfucking slavic head in here, spitting shite like you always do.

Trash said:
And once again Skyway show that he is a graphics whore.

He isn't, he hated crysis and metros graphics, flip flopped on stalker. Maybe he's a Connoisseur of a certain beed of east european jank?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
It's a fucking main military base being shelled and under siege, you daft tard. Ofcourse it is not a green lush jungle. Stop reaching.

Except there is a bunch of 2D sprite trees here and there and in all other places it looks like vegetation was never present around the base. The truth is rendering 30 unit models and trees are too hard for consoles that is all.

So much butthurt about a shit game, Trashy

fizzelopeguss said:
lol, you stuck your ugly, fat, bucktooth, dumbass motherfucking slavic head in here, spitting shite like you always do.

Oh lookie teh evil skyway went into a thread and didn't suck the cock of another piece of shit and now poor fizzelopeguss cries

fizzelopeguss said:
He isn't, he hated crysis and metros graphics, flip flopped on stalker. Maybe he's a Connoisseur of a certain beed of east european jank?

I kinda enjoy how people on the Codex make stuff up about me. I hated Crysis graphics, I judge games based on screenshots :lol:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Why would i be crying, i don't get savaged every thread...do you not get tired carrying that pink sock around with you all the time?

dude, that's prolapse butthurt.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Five words:

Holy shit, this game is unoptimized.

Felix

Arcane
Why don't you come to Việt Nam, skyway? I can give you a tour.:smug:

MetalCraze

Arcane
fizzelopeguss said:
Why would i be crying, i don't get savaged every thread...do you not get tired carrying that pink sock around with you all the time?

dude, that's prolapse butthurt.

Well it isn't me who runs into threads to baaawww about me in overly emotional ways

Trash said:
MetalCraze said:
I judge games based on screenshots :lol:

And youtube vids. Indeed.
And dozens of previews and reviews. And the rule of thumb. Ah I forgot reviews are nothing but ads and previews are always written using unfinished alpha versions that are never like the final game which is always awesome

Oh and sometimes I do torrent the new shit if only for soundtracks. So why not fire it up to see what's the fuzz is all about. Unfortunately Black Ops doesn't have even a bit of Zimmer's awesomeness from the previous sequel and the gameplay is such a piece of shit even CoDMW looks like an intelligent tactical shooter compared to it. Press teh buttan to advance through game by watching cutscene, if you will press it before we'll tell you nothing will happen if you'll press it after we'll tell you - you fail. What a fucking disgrace

Multi-headed Cow

Patch got released today, helped fix up the multiplayer a ton, it's actually playable now. Having a good time.

CrimHead

Scholar
Fizzelopegus/Skyway rivalry is really funny, though a little too transparent at times

Multi-headed Cow

hellocodex.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
MetalCraze said:
Trash said:
MetalCraze said:
I judge games based on screenshots :lol:

And youtube vids. Indeed.
And dozens of previews and reviews. And the rule of thumb. Ah I forgot reviews are nothing but ads and previews are always written using unfinished alpha versions that are never like the final game which is always awesome

Oh and sometimes I do torrent the new shit if only for soundtracks. So why not fire it up to see what's the fuzz is all about. Unfortunately Black Ops doesn't have even a bit of Zimmer's awesomeness from the previous sequel and the gameplay is such a piece of shit even CoDMW looks like an intelligent tactical shooter compared to it. Press teh buttan to advance through game by watching cutscene, if you will press it before we'll tell you nothing will happen if you'll press it after we'll tell you - you fail. What a fucking disgrace

And time and time again you're living proof that you can't really judge a game without playing it. As all your dumb, ingorant and plain wrong comments about the looks and the amount of objects in this game show. Sure, you can build yourself a broad opinion based on what others say but just as in books, movies and music you really can't make detailed observations on something you haven't experienced. It's fucking retarded and honestly makes everything and anything you claim about any game suspect.

Multi-headed Cow

ComradeCommissar said:
Making good progress in levels there.
Unless I'm sorely mistaken the leveling is a lot faster than previous CoD games. Most likely because a lot of the actual unlocking is also tied to the points, so level primarily just determines what is available for purchase.

For instance, at level 16 I was able to put my goatse emblem on my gun, so anyone who kills me and picks it up off my corpse has goatse staring at them. :thumbsup:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yesterday's patch fixed all the stutter issues for me... pretty quick patching there, I must admit.

DalekFlay said:
Yesterday's patch fixed all the stutter issues for me... pretty quick patching there, I must admit.

The Treyarch CoD's seem to get patched better. The *only* times I saw MW2 get a patch, was when something was absolutely game breaking and only when it became a problem for enough people. During WaW though, glitches and exploits were patched pretty quickly and regularly when they were found.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
ComradeCommissar said:
DalekFlay said:

The Treyarch CoD's seem to get patched better. The *only* times I saw MW2 get a patch, was when something was absolutely game breaking and only when it became a problem for enough people. During WaW though, glitches and exploits were patched pretty quickly and regularly when they were found.

Yeah, I remember WaW getting a lot of support. They also added back in lean and dedicated servers. Seems they made a lot of gestures toward the PC community, it's a shame they fucked that all up with a bug at launch.

I finished the singleplayer... 7.2 hours according to Steam. VERY fucking predictable "twist" but other than that the game came together well. The rough edges and shit I bitched about kind of went away in later levels, and some of the design was very, very well done. It was better than MW2 and WaW anyway, though not as good as MW1.

Songs in Vietnam were embarrassing.

Felix

Arcane
The voices for the NVA and ARVN are fucking :incline: compare to others Vietnam games, even movies, but lol so many "Tiệm sửa xe" and "Bia Ôm" panels lololol.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DalekFlay said:
Reloaded's crackfix (for the original version, not the patch) also fixes stutter apparently... by removing Steam calls completely. My guess is that the patch similarly fixes the Steam DRM/calls/whatever to do the same. Commie, you can pick which one you want to fix your stutter :smug:

Edity edit: crack nuked while I was sleeping. Oops.

RatFink

Educated
runs like shit
just broke out of the labor camp...shit runs like living your life with a stroboscope attached to your fuckin head.....

what does

Edity edit: crack nuked while I was sleeping. Oops.

mean? :oops:

was about to have a look for it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom