Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzcon 2019

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
I'm not sure about buying another Blizzard game again .

- Diablo 3 : no mods
- Overwatch : no real sp part , only a few hero bots to choose from if you want to start a private game

Why i was vaisting money on these ?

- StarCratf remastered / StarCraft II : i'm not sure i can play against the AI in custom maps

Morkar Left

I'm not sure about buying another Blizzard game again .

- Diablo 3 : no mods
- Overwatch : no real sp part , only a few hero bots to choose from if you want to start a private game

Why i was vaisting money on these ?

- StarCratf remastered / StarCraft II : i'm not sure i can play against the AI in custom maps

They are not publishing on gog, huh?

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
pz70qyctcew31.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Here's the Sylvanas breakdown as I can recall it:

Sylvanas leads a bunch of Undead because she sucks and died like 4 times. Since the Undead she leads also suck and died, they find admiration in her increased sucking and claim her as their queen.

Undead are #HORDE4LIFE due to convenience because Alliance have a strict "must be hot or useful" policy. Horde accepts anyone ever since Ogres said "lol fuck these geeks" and they like Undead because it makes them think of the late great Brother Teron Gorefiend. Because Undead are all bitter that the Alliance think they're ugly and will frighten the children and would rather have the purple sex models known as Night Elves, they start making a plague to wipe out everything ever. Sylvanas is cool with this because she is also angry about being a social reject forced to spend her time with zombies that can't keep their jaws attached.

Sylvanas remains irrelevant for many years until the Horde runs through nearly every other lore figurehead before as leader of the Horde. Thrall leaves to go home and be a family man, Garrosh is cool but nobody likes him because he's too Warcraft 1/2 era Orc, some Troll was leader but nobody really cared for him. The only candidates left are a Tauren who's too peaceful and would end the faction conflict which would only appeal to PVE/RP carebear fags, a Blood Elf guy but the problem is he's a Blood Elf and a guy so he's forever destined to be seen as a homosexual, some Jew that masquerades as a Goblin and Sylvanas. Because Feminism was on the rise and tons of Rule 34 exists of Sylvanas getting fucked in every position, she was chosen as the new face.

In Legion, Sylvanas is a bitch. She's given a ton of rule of cool feats which makes the Rule 34 more intense. I think she fought a werewolf at some point.

In BfA, Sylvanas is a cunt who burns down ancient trees and pisses off the Night Elves after trying to Holocaust them. But because the Night Elves are only allowed one meaningful victory every 50 million years they still must wait 47 million years. She basically keeps the faction conflict alive. At some point she begins to piss off the very Horde she leads causing a splinter/divide within it. She has a bunch of rebels executed or jailed, eventually an Orc named Saurfang (you may remember him if you ever tried to go to Orgrimmar as an Alliance in Vanilla/TBC because he most likely one shot you into the netherrealm) has enough of her bitch ass antics and challenges her to Mortal Kombat. Sylvanas, despite being 5'7, skinny, in an allegedly decomposing body (yes, she's not actually a Drow) is able to topple and seamlessly beat the shit out of an Orcish beef mountain. During this confrontation Saurfang manages to land a lucky shot to her face, Sylvanas is mega pissed about this and launches herself into a tirade about how she hates everyone and everything and everyone sucks. Even her loyal Horde are trash. Basically, it's every rant you've ever heard if you forgot to bring your girlfriend home her favorite Starbucks or vegan food. She then vanishes from the scene. Oh, she kills Saurfang before doing so.

In the upcoming expansion, Sylvanas goes to Ice World and fights the not-as-awesome-but-still-technically-Lich King. It turns out the Lich King is really dogshit at fighting and can't use his PVP trinket so Sylvanas stunlocks him like any good Rogue would and pulls an Ultima Online on his helmet. This basically makes all his undead minions run wild and free and release all the souls it was trying to contain.

And that's that.

Norfleet

So I noticed THIS time around they managed to avoid stepping on any landmines. I was wondering if they'd end up making things worse again, by, say, trying to expel Winnie the Pooh cosplayers, but apparently they just straight up avoided engaging with them in any way...which is, frankly, what they SHOULD have done in the first place.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
So I noticed THIS time around they managed to avoid stepping on any landmines. I was wondering if they'd end up making things worse again, by, say, trying to expel Winnie the Pooh cosplayers, but apparently they just straight up avoided engaging with them in any way...which is, frankly, what they SHOULD have done in the first place.

what's the pooh meme? I'm confused :(

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Appearantly China's president looks like Winnie the Pooh.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Appearantly China's president looks like Winnie the Pooh.

And Winnie the Pooh has been banned in China, because of this. If it hadn't been banned, no one would care about this.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So nothing re: Diablo II remaster?
Considering what we saw from Diablo 4 was just a cinematic + modified Diablo 3 gameplay, it might be that they rushed this between last year and now, just to have SOMETHING. They did say D4 is not releasing any time soon, even by Blizzard time standards, so I'm thinking its in very early stages.
Maybe they had an internal discussion like "which project do we fake that we've been working on all along", and decided D4 over D2 Remastered. They probably thought it would be too ugly if their only new game is an old game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't really need a D2 Remaster, "just" a patch that improves the gameplay framerate (locked at 25 fps). Of course the immense load of work to do that would amount to a Remaster anyways...
Windows 10 comparability, borderless window for 2 monitors, and wide screen would all be pretty welcome.

Max Heap

Arcane
I wonder how Max Heap feels about the stock situation right now.
:troll:

In all honesty? Not too bad really.

Diablo 4
OW2
New WoW Add-On

All great stuff for the unwashed masses!
OW's success caused a massive stock increase back in 2017. So OW2 is probably a very good sign to hold ATVI.
Of course I wouldn't know anything about the inner workings of OW and its success.

I only play Codex' finest RPG recommendations and therefore, have neither time nor taste to consume such pig slop :obviously:

anden

Literate
Speaking of wow. That's a pity they still stick to the farm of reputation with different now covenants. I love playing classic, but without boostbay.com farming of reputation service I wouldn't go far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom