Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

The Decline

Arcane
Got it working. Sticking with the 30fps cap with frame pacing fixed vs 60fps at 720p. Kind of wish I had a PS4 Pro to do 60fps at 1080p, but fuck it. I also was able to remove chromatic aberration and motion blur.

Just beat the shit out of the Cleric Beast.

Egosphere

Arcane
Chalice Dungeons overstayed their welcome, but the bits of them that werent in the main game were cool to see. They had quite a few bosses that werent in the main game, some unique enemies (those shrieking fast runners are probably the creepiest enemy in the game, especially when you're in the darkness) as well as a lot of environmental hazards like swinging blades etc. I would have reformed the chalice dungeons into something like 5 mega-dungeons without the find-lever/find-exit routine, instead having perhaps 2-3 bosses in each mega dungeon that must be defeated in order to get the next chalice. It's a shame to have the bloodletting beast sitting behind so much busywork. The Madman set was pretty cool as well.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The worst part of the chalice dungeons is how unrewarding they are. 90% of the loot is items to open more chalice dungeons. You don't even get coldblood drops, just a lot of gems you mostly won't use. The HP bloat is also dumb.
Disagree. The echoes alone will get you vastly overleveled for all the main game content.

The worst part is that you have to do them all in order, even if you have a higher tier chalice from the main game.

The Decline

Arcane
Got it working. Sticking with the 30fps cap with frame pacing fixed vs 60fps at 720p. Kind of wish I had a PS4 Pro to do 60fps at 1080p, but fuck it. I also was able to remove chromatic aberration and motion blur.

Just beat the shit out of the Cleric Beast.

Got to say, the fixed frame pacing makes quite the difference, combat just feels so much better. Now for my next trick I will attempt setting up remote play using my Steam Deck. I might even try switching to 60fps and lowering the rendering resolution to 720p.

*Edit*
Success. Works pretty good on just wifi. Will be trying out a hardwired connection for the PS4 to see how much that improves things.

P-20221130-213818-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
The game has been out for almost 8 years at this point. Just buy yourself a cheap used PS4 for a bag of potatoes and some vodka.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I've played it on PS4 but I'm still hoping they'd release it on PC at some point, if only to finally play it with an acceptable framerate.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The game has been out for almost 8 years at this point. Just buy yourself a cheap used PS4 for a bag of potatoes and some vodka.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
I actually considered this just to be able to replay the game at will, but last I checked a used PS4 was still like 200 dollars on the local markets. And I don't even know if it's possible to still acquire the DLC...
I've played it on PS4 but I'm still hoping they'd release it on PC at some point, if only to finally play it with an acceptable framerate.
There's also this: the game has pretty bad loading times and a mere 30 fps.

Not to mention my continuing hope that a GOTY edition might fix the distribution of weapons so half of the games total aren't found in the first hour of the dlc...

Machocruz

Arcane
I realized Playstation exclusives will never be this good again, and I could use $5-600, so I sold my PS5. Also the other good games playable on it were already on PS4. While this means I won't be able to continue on with BB, it's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. I surely got my money's worth out the game.
And I don't even know if it's possible to still acquire the DLC...

Was still in the PS store last time I looked, which was last week.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Demon's Souls is also still not on PC.
It's like Sony and FromSoft colluded to make sure the superior platform would never get to benefit the superior games, probably in a cabalistic attempt at preserving the balance of the universe.

The Decline

Arcane
It's like Sony and FromSoft colluded to make sure the superior platform would never get to benefit the superior games, probably in a cabalistic attempt at preserving the balance of the universe.

Demon's Souls can be emulated perfectly at least, actually even better than on the original hardware.

Egosphere

Arcane
you mean the remake? i preferred the original version (played on emulator) - the music was stellar, and the atmosphere packed a punch. remake is flashier graphics at the expense of everything else.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
you mean the remake? i preferred the original version (played on emulator) - the music was stellar, and the atmosphere packed a punch. remake is flashier graphics at the expense of everything else.
I meant the original and had no idea it runs well on emulation. A surprise, but a good one for sure.
I haven't tried the remake, nor will I ever do. Unless they release Bloodborne 2 as PS5 exclusive, in which case I might consider getting the console and, from there, might consider getting the remake.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I just wanted to note that the Bloodborne comics are very, very good. The artist has clearly played the game and knows what he's doing, while the plots do not go overboard. They are released via miniseries, four issues each. 'Healing Thirst', that is, #5-#8, is particularly good.

I'll be honest -- I pirated it, but it was so good I bought the print version. I actually preorder the new series and at this point I'm waiting for the last issue to arrive at the comic book store, for the first time in, I don't know, 30 years?...

The Decline

Arcane
Still playing through Bloodborne and I've fallen down the Chalice Dungeon rabbit hole. Really enjoying my Skill/Bloodtinge build with the Chikage and Bowblade.

MasPingon

Arcane
I just wanted to note that the Bloodborne comics are very, very good. The artist has clearly played the game and knows what he's doing, while the plots do not go overboard. They are released via miniseries, four issues each. 'Healing Thirst', that is, #5-#8, is particularly good.

I'll be honest -- I pirated it, but it was so good I bought the print version. I actually preorder the new series and at this point I'm waiting for the last issue to arrive at the comic book store, for the first time in, I don't know, 30 years?...
Where did you order it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom