Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I'm guessing they would have to work with Japanese designers for a remaster/port (or would need interpreters), since that team knows how the engine and everything works, and they won't do that anymore after killing their whole Japanese division off. Could contract FromSoftware to do all of it, I suppose, but FromSoftware doesn't look back, probably not interested.
If this was lost, then maybe Sony will give the guys who made Demon souls remake to port he game on PC. I'm hopeful for this year for both DSRemake and Bloodborne on PC.

Elttharion

Learned
I'm guessing they would have to work with Japanese designers for a remaster/port (or would need interpreters), since that team knows how the engine and everything works, and they won't do that anymore after killing their whole Japanese division off. Could contract FromSoftware to do all of it, I suppose, but FromSoftware doesn't look back, probably not interested.
If this was lost, then maybe Sony will give the guys who made Demon souls remake to port he game on PC. I'm hopeful for this year for both DSRemake and Bloodborne on PC.
I'll be completely honest with you if Bluepoint is responsible for porting the game to pc I might commit a hate crime. Give it to nixxes and tell them to port it as is and only unlock the framerate and resolution plus add a bunch of graphical settings like removing motion blur, etc. Bluepoint already butchered DeS I dont want to see them do the same to BB.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I'll be completely honest with you if Bluepoint is responsible for porting the game to pc I might commit a hate crime. Give it to nixxes and tell them to port it as is and only unlock the framerate and resolution plus add a bunch of graphical settings like removing motion blur, etc.
I believe Nixxes is part of Playstation PC LLC but that's Sony's decision who will do the port.

911 Jumper

Educated
Based on the latest chatter around this game and Miyazaki's recent comments, it wouldn't suprise me if a Bloodborne remake turns up on PS6.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Got a hold of my sister's PS5 and finally playing Bloodborne, took my brain a couple hours to adjust to 30 FPS but goddamn, game is fucking great.
I'll be completely honest with you if Bluepoint is responsible for porting the game to pc I might commit a hate crime.
Also got Demon Souls remake and had to quit after 30 minutes, felt off all over the place, I wasn't aware (my bad, I was expecting a simple texture upscale or some shit and didn't want to get spoilered) but it is obvious that FS had nothing to do with it and Bluepoint fucked around with shit. Fuck Bluepoint.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Damn playing this after lies of p feels like coming home. FS do what """souls-likes""" don't :kingcomrade:
Those Vicar Amelia screams are something else lol, cool.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Bluepoint did an amazing job recreating Demon's Souls. Remakes don't get any better.

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake though. A simple remaster will make it look modern.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Bluepoint is shit and should not be allowed to touch Bloodborne. Just port to PC with no changes.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Bluepoint is shit and should not be allowed to touch Bloodborne. Just port to PC with no changes.
60 FPS would be nice, 30 is certainly playable, but would be nice.
At what I presume is the last basegame "level", pretty sure Bloodborne gets a spot right below DS for me, after all this waiting it did not dissapoint one bit :INCLINE:

Odoryuk

Educated
Bluepoint can do a decent remaster based on the original assets without runing literally everything in the game (after all, they did a great remaster of Ico/SotC games on PS3 without having an access to the games' source materials, before they were give the right to butcher Shadow of the Colossus with their remake). It's just, looks like modern Sony can't even touch the legacy Sony Studio Japan left (even though Bloodborne is FromSoftware's child through and through). All the modern remakes or ports are from Western studios. It's like there was a stipulation in a contract between the Japanese and USA sides of the busieness, that Westerners can't touch Japanese stuff at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom