Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Warning: more ign

Listen carefully: They reused sounds from Dark Souls 1/2.

The wolf creature and the rats come to mind.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I was interested in Bloodborne until I watched this:

A massive decline compared to Dark Souls 2.

The boss has poorly telegraphed attacks, your character is slow and the dodge has a fuckton of invulerability frames (as a form of compensation). The lamest kind of of combat system, which requires the player to memorize the boss's pattern first, instead of creating a smooth and intuitive battle.

DragoFireheart

So why would I buy this when I can wait for the eventual discounted PS4 and GoTY Bloodborne edition with all the DLCs and re-mastered stuff?

I'm still enjoying Dark Souls 2 as well, so there's no real rush either.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So why would I buy this when I can wait for the eventual discounted PS4 and GoTY Bloodborne edition with all the DLCs and re-mastered stuff?

Doubtful, Demon's Souls also an exclusive had no dlc's or goty edition.

Castanova

Prophet

Doubtful, Demon's Souls also an exclusive had no dlc's or goty edition.

That was because the game was made before the series was a huge success. Now DLC and GotY is planned ahead of even the inital release.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Holy crap, one more variation of Sif, Big Rat or lmao2kat. A-Team saves the day.

Everyone who attacked me for saying From are a bunch of hack thieves a year ago, owes me a food platter, and a handwritten apology, delivered shortly before they impale themselves on a spiked fence.

I can't wait to see these same asshole fans do monkey flips trying to justify From rehashing Ornstein for a 3rd time.

DragoFireheart

Everyone who attacked me for saying From are a bunch of hack thieves a year ago, owes me a food platter, and a handwritten apology, delivered shortly before they impale themselves on a spiked fence.

How about just wine and dine you?

I can't wait to see these same asshole fans do monkey flips trying to justify From rehashing Ornstein for a 3rd time.

I still don't know what his actual lore purpose was for Dark Souls 2. Blatant fan catering along with the Sunlight Covenant.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
It's not like Dark Souls 2 was lacking in new content. Rehashing a few bosses was the least of it's problems.

How about just wine and dine you?

I still don't know what his actual lore purpose was for Dark Souls 2. Blatant fan catering along with the Sunlight Covenant.
Fuck off faggot. SUNBROS FOR LIFE

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
From is already in the planning for their next game, Hellborne, a spiritual sequel which will go multiplatform and allow From to break away from Sony.

This still looks pretty sweet to me. Some of those bosses are worrying, but everything else looks great.

Edit: The replacement for bloodstains and soapstone marks are a bit distracting, though. Kind of over designed.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's hard to tell if you guys really think this will suck or if you're just bummed that it's a PS4 exclusive.

Edit: 1.5 hours of Alpha footage;

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

It's hard to tell if you guys really think this will suck or if you're just bummed that it's a PS4 exclusive.

I think it might suck, can't explain why.

Could be wrong. PS4 being an exclusive is a non-issue since I have monies.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I've a feeling it'll suck, but I will see for myself when I play and finish it at my friends house since he has a PS4. I won't have to be emotionally invested in it either due to not owning a PS4 and this being the only game for it for a long time to come.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom