Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
:nocountryforshitposters:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
What a useless video. They only showed stuff that was already in every other "creator" since DeS, and actually skipped over anything that was new like "tattoo mask".

IGN: for gamers, by "enthusiasts".

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
PS4 Exclusive? I guess I'll one day have to get a PS4.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
At the rate we are getting the PS3 emulator, we are all probably going to be seniors by the time a PS4 emulator comes out.

set

Arcane
Uh, that's not a fair comparison at all. Firstly, PS3's processor was developed by demon summoners and crackhead programmers. Nobody's going to waste their time writing an emulator for something companies could barely make games for. Secondly, the PS4 is basically just a PC. I don't even know how difficult it would be to make the games playable on a modern PC. What's stopping it from happening, exactly? They're both x86-64 processors, so it shouldn't be too hard at all.

Finally, Bloodborne looks like an uglier and clunkier Dark Souls. I'm really turned off to it.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Uh, that's not a fair comparison at all. Firstly, PS3's processor was developed by demon summoners and crackhead programmers. Nobody's going to waste their time writing an emulator for something companies could barely make games for. Secondly, the PS4 is basically just a PC. I don't even know how difficult it would be to make the games playable on a modern PC. What's stopping it from happening, exactly? They're both x86-64 processors, so it shouldn't be too hard at all.

Finally, Bloodborne looks like an uglier and clunkier Dark Souls. I'm really turned off to it.

Confirmed that Demon's Souls won't be playable on an emulator.

praetor

Arcane
yup. after these shenanigans with DaS2 "remaster", i don't think i'll legally acquire a From game again (and most certainly won't buy a console for this, like i did for DeS/DaS1)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
yup. after these shenanigans with DaS2 "remaster", i don't think i'll legally acquire a From game again (and most certainly won't buy a console for this, like i did for DeS/DaS1)

I might still get a PS4 if other games come out, but it won't be just for Bloodborne.

At the rate I'm going with my backlog though I could easily skip this generation entirely.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive, they already got truckloads of money from Sony and the game has to be finished on release. So that means bloodborne re-release is unlikely like with Demon Souls.

praetor

Arcane

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive, they already got truckloads of money from Sony and the game has to be finished on release. So that means bloodborne re-release is unlikely like with Demon Souls.

i see your tag is warranted (seriously, why did you quote me? what has your stating the obvious to do with what i wrote?)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I don't know, but i don't think the game will be as fun as dark souls.

Ivan

Arcane
You can only roll if you aren't locked to an enemy, you dash when locked on.

It looks like the only way to land a critical hit (equivalent to riposting in DeS/DS) is by attacking immediately after stunning them with a firearm. I wonder how this works when dual wielding a melee weapon.

All that aside, Bloodborne looks amazing, still not shelling out a PS4 for it. Maybe I can sucker someone to split the cost...Also, the voice actress who did Maiden in Black returns!

Has it been established if this features an open world?

Furthermore, I like how they're emphasizing each weapon. I wasn't a fan of the abundancy of weapons in DaS and hope they give each weapon more love. That certainly seems to be the case as it stands as it looks like each weapon has 2 forms (e.g., the whip turns into a thin blade, the scythe can be folded up and used as a saw, maybe the hammer has a different form too).

Also, it would be badass if they gave enemies "fatalities" a la Devil May Cry 1

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has it been established if this features an open world?
there is a city with different districts where you can go anywhere you like (if you have proper keys/killed bosses etc, like in Dark Souls) and also there is a peaceful hub like Nexus from Demon's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom